PDA

View Full Version : Help! :( Building help needed

GeeJee
04-18-2010, 04:27 AM
Hey, anybody knows what skills are definitly needed for a archer?
I've got 24 STR, 1 INT and 68 DEX and lvl 17.

I've got blas shot maxed and avian scream 3 en focus and restore 2 and got 2 skill points left to use.
Shall I keep the skill points till a better skill isunlocked or...?

Splurd
04-18-2010, 04:53 AM
I recomend a respec.

Why did you add str? For health or because you wanted to equip a shield?

avian scream should be left at 1, or 0 depending on you. +10 damage is not worth it. Also, avian scream is not a good spell, because it spreads out the monsters, which makes blast shot less effective.

Focus is important, because at lvl 5, +50 hit and 50crit is a great bonus.

Restore is abit useless, I rather put the points into something which lets me do more damage and just rely on pots. You shouldnt be getting hit so much anyway. But if you have points to spare, its worth getting it, since it does give a good regen and helps you save on pot money.

GeeJee
04-18-2010, 06:27 AM
Hmm, I thought STR was a good investment for my health. Otherwise I'm after 2 hits gone.

Splurd
04-18-2010, 10:45 AM
you're an archer, you attack from range, dont get hit very offten. Personally I keep my health near max, never let it drop below 75% and I rarely die. Its all about being cautious with your hp and potting alot.

GeeJee
04-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Hm, okay then, a respec it is.
Thanks for the help ;)
So shall I go full in DEX or some points to INT?

Splurd
04-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Personally speaking I never ran into problems with mana, i'd just use a potion.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?555-The-Thread-o-the-Future-By-the-Legends-Guild

That thread says that .5 mana per int. I dont know if it is the same for archers, but I'd just stick to dex.

I never have mana problems because I added 5 points of meditation. However, this is 5 points into a skill which does not directly increase my damage output, but on the plus side I never run out of mana. When I reach lvl 20-30 range I will respec and think about it again then.

Disastrix
04-18-2010, 02:05 PM
I have a question, does str add to ur dmg if u are an archer as well as dex. I have been planning on going a melee damage build on my archer but idk if the 2 str points i add every level is doing anything other than adding hp. Anybody know? Im not gona be tanking or taking much dmg, it would be high damage, but i dont wana die either

Splurd
04-18-2010, 08:58 PM
I changed my mind about restore, I still think its not worth it as it doesnt contribute to your damange out put but as a spell to heal you and save pots, its not bad.

@Disastrix I honestly do not know. I *think* dex adds to your damage, I think I saw my damage go up after adding dex, but I cant be sure. But from what I've heard str does not seem to be adding damage.