PDA

View Full Version : Points to PvP

Cylon1337
04-21-2012, 06:09 PM

Blaquehaaart
04-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Yeah, the difference between plat and non plat gear is huge. It basically made the pvp element a pay-to-win system. Now endgame pvp mostly consists of full time pvpers that are willing to shell out the bucks to be competitive.

I don't think a lot of leisure players are going to want to run in these games, the gear and skill gap is already way to large for less serious players to compete. Good plat players with the right build are basically one shoting people in lesser gear.

Cylon1337
04-21-2012, 07:58 PM

Blaquehaaart
04-21-2012, 08:10 PM
In game currency and reserving the best items to exclusive for purchase is never a good idea. Diablo 3 has a real money auction house, but it doesn't sell gear exclusive to paid players...it's just an effort to get around gold farmers. Someone still has to farm the gear by playing the game.

Exclusive item purchases automatically divides the population by have and have-nots...which is especially a problem if it effects the mechanics of game play.

Ripper McGee
04-21-2012, 11:25 PM
I have some plat gear and I only dominate if I'm fighting players lower in level than me. Otherwise, I'm pretty evenly matched or get my head handed to me. The real problem in PvP has little to do with Plat gear, but more to do with level disparity and killer combos like the one I posted a video of, IMO. My stats aren't too different than Neoxdeath's, but she killed me handily time-after-time, again and again, with her combo, not with her gear...

Blaquehaaart
04-22-2012, 12:57 AM
Yeah...the one hit combo is pretty devastating. However, pvp was differently harder at 20, because more people are decked out with plat.

I simply bought a set and I do much better now. Yeah, there is a big difference. Try pvping with non plat gear...even non plat pinks...it'll be a much harder. After getting a set of plat the one hit combo does work on me, unless the person I'm fighting has much better gear...and I stand a much better chance now. A swarm/fb build isn't as effective against people that are equally geared and better for a 1v1 situation. I personally didn't like playing the swarm/fb build. It's slow, cheap, and boring.

sirtibby
04-22-2012, 10:33 AM
I have non plat gear and I'm consistent in being top 2 or 3 in kills in pvp matches all through level 16 where I am now. Some ppl though just kick my *** so I might have to try donating.

Blaquehaaart
04-22-2012, 11:59 AM
I have non plat gear and I'm consistent in being top 2 or 3 in kills in pvp matches all through level 16 where I am now. Some ppl though just kick my *** so I might have to try donating.

20 is definitely a tougher bracket to pvp. I was getting one shoted by the vs/fb combo even though I had 203 defense. My defense is a little lower with the plat gear, but I have much higher health and attack now. The added health definitely helps against surviving the one hit combo, which doesn't kill me as much. However, yeah, endgame has basically came down to pay-to-win. It's not likely someone with in-game loot will be able to be someone 1v1 that is decked out in plat, they even have a hard time if the person in plat is at half life...well unless they person rocking plat is bad.

With plat gear, I can even solo the pvp group instances without having to use much bloodpacks. I was burning an absurd amount solo instances before.