PDA

View Full Version : what are the spinning rings?

timeismoney1
04-21-2012, 10:00 PM
That you can pick up. Last a few minuets or so

What do they do?

Fao
04-21-2012, 10:05 PM
They are orbs. They increase your speed, defense, and attack, also can give health and mana!

timeismoney1
04-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Thank you thank you =]

Actionhank
04-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Can anyone add witch color does what?

NECROREAPER
04-21-2012, 10:29 PM
There's a few guides on them, a quick search should provide sufficient answers

Lowlyspy
04-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Blue = mana
Green = health
Purple = armor
Red = damage
Orange = speed

Save you some time searching for the guide.

Appleisaac
04-21-2012, 10:59 PM
They usually don't appear in very *helpful* areas, so they are sort of useless :).

LordEspe
04-22-2012, 07:43 AM
It all depends on timing!

EXAMPLE A: K'sarr the Keeper has an armor and damage orb outside his office. Clear the mobs just inside then a bird gets damage and bear gets armor! Works great!!

EXAMPLE B: Goldfever -boss in hideout- had a random combo of damage and armor orbs outside his mancave. If you get a "Good Tank" that can keep Mr. Fever pinned against the back wall and two birds get damage orbs, it's all over for that greedy thief!!

timeismoney1
04-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Does the orb effect only you if you pick it up. Or your whole party?

Cahaun
04-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Does the orb effect only you if you pick it up. Or your whole party?
Only for the person who picked it up. Imagine how easy Gurgox would be if so >_<

Whisper72
04-23-2012, 04:01 AM
To further clarify the meanings, as per my experience:

Blue: replenishes mana to full (and maybe increases your regen rate as well?)
Green: replenishes health to full (and maybe increases your regen rate as well?)
Yellow/Orange: increase speed (I believe by about 30%, you appear to be just as fast as someone on Thrasher)
Red: increase attack damage (I believe about 50% increase)
Purple: increase in armour (I believe about 50% increase in armor)

The effects ar individual: the one who takes an orb gets the effect. Effects from different orbs stack (i.e. you can have a yellow, red and purple active simultaneously), but there is no stacking of the same colour (taking a red orb while 'wearing' one already basically only resets the timer...)

The green orbs in Gurgox' room are different. They protect against his special attack for a very short period of time. Running into the room and grabbing those orbs is pointless...