PDA

View Full Version : Dev's PVP

Range
04-22-2012, 02:45 AM
Love the pvp maps. Pvp plays smooth and fast. Hoping for faster game starts but great job.
Ya rock on sts!

XchilangopwnX
04-22-2012, 09:24 AM
These are my sole opinions no offense intended.

#1 no. I hate the waiting time but I think what would be best if they added a second arena where it is a FFA but no waiting time for both teams to fill up.

#2 Possibly but without booting rights. Or like when you choose to play solo in a mission and to get others to join they must be invited

#3 Yes maybe more hardcore as in traps zombies and no hearts :0 lol just some weird ideas

#4 5 level difference is too "loose" quoted from Swede. The current system is +or - 3 levels from first person to join game.

Xettacross
04-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Here's something I'd like to see.

#1 Real ffa where its everyone against everyone. No teams what so ever.

#2 king if the hill type games with unique arenas like... Oh Idk.. graveyards, catacombs, morgues and creepy looking places. You get the idea.

#3 invader type games where ur team has to protect certain parts of their base from being captured. Once the base is taken over, the teams switch and the match starts over.

These are jus ideas. It'd be cool to see more options like this in pvp besides team death match or capture the flag imo. Oh and infected type gameplay like in codmw3 :)

Range
04-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Here's something I'd like to see.

#1 Real ffa where its everyone against everyone. No teams what so ever.

#2 king if the hill type games with unique arenas like... Oh Idk.. graveyards, catacombs, morgues and creepy looking places. You get the idea.

#3 invader type games where ur team has to protect certain parts of their base from being captured. Once the base is taken over, the teams switch and the match starts over.

These are jus ideas. It'd be cool to see more options like this in pvp besides team death match or capture the flag imo. Oh and infected type gameplay like in codmw3 :)

#1 would be really cool

Baocak
05-08-2012, 12:03 PM
One problem I think would present itself from many more types of pvp IS the wait time. I agree a FFA with no wait time would help the cause, but the more types of matches, the more spread out the community. The more spread out, the longer the wait times for individual matches. As it is now, you could be waiting 10-15 min for a CTF match to begin, because players go to DM instead...and because of the increased wait time, even fewer people go to CTF. If there were 5-6 various pvp matches, either everyone would congregate on one type, or everyone would be waiting forever just to get a single match.

Range
05-08-2012, 12:19 PM
One problem I think would present itself from many more types of pvp IS the wait time. I agree a FFA with no wait time would help the cause, but the more types of matches, the more spread out the community. The more spread out, the longer the wait times for individual matches. As it is now, you could be waiting 10-15 min for a CTF match to begin, because players go to DM instead...and because of the increased wait time, even fewer people go to CTF. If there were 5-6 various pvp matches, either everyone would congregate on one type, or everyone would be waiting forever just to get a single match.

It's true^^ I been asking for match to start when each side has one player since 1st day. Now with DM it's twice the wait.

Blaquehaaart
05-08-2012, 12:53 PM
I would like to see 15v15 raids in an epic open world zone.

Range
05-08-2012, 06:00 PM
I would like to see 15v15 raids in an epic open world zone.

1.Yes but wouldnt be nice to get one at a time. Like let match start with 1 or 2 on each side.

2.get the same camera angles we get in pve but have same for pvp then Be able to lock it in options.

3. All vs all and the 15 vs 15 open world free for all is beast too!

This is very new game and these dev's listen more then any other I've met it the last 10 years of mmo's. Things will be emplamented accordingly with time. Be patient for more updates as they already have made a few.

I :love_heart: pvp! just get the fight stared already! :) (understatement)

Blaquehaaart
05-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Well, they should just make the queues free roaming. Like you queue up the game and pick a team, then you can go into town or your guild hall or where ever, and you don't actually enter the pvp zone until the minimum players queue up. Then you get teleported into the match from where ever you are and the count down starts when everyone enters the zone.

This would be better than queuing up then being stuck in a room for 20 minutes waiting for the game to start.

Range
05-08-2012, 06:48 PM
I think anything will be better then waiting. U know u can trick it and start with two with some down players. Just jump and jump back. Not flawless tho it sometimes sends u to a new map and u r there solo. Any way ima have fun with what we got ATM. New changes will come and some will freak out and others
will love it I'm ready for these updates tho!

Blaquehaaart
05-08-2012, 08:08 PM
The consisant DM guys and I trick the queue a lot so we can 2v2 and 2v3.

I really like 3v3 matchs in DM. The offers for a lot more strategy and play style. 5v5 is a little ridiculous because it's just everyone dropping their cooldowns in the center of the ring.

Fyrce
05-09-2012, 12:50 AM
I hate the waiting time but I think what would be best if they added a second arena where it is a FFA but no waiting time for both teams to fill up.

Nope, there'll just be lots of whining.

Possibly but without booting rights. Or like when you choose to play solo in a mission and to get others to join they must be invited

Yes maybe more hardcore as in traps zombies and no hearts

Range
05-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Lmao Fyrce cool post.

You know, there will always be somebody whining no matter what dev's decide for us.

XchilangopwnX
05-09-2012, 11:09 AM
I hate the waiting time but I think what would be best if they added a second arena where it is a FFA but no waiting time for both teams to fill up.

Possibly but without booting rights. Or like when you choose to play solo in a mission and to get others to join they must be invited

Yes maybe more hardcore as in traps zombies and no hearts

Haha so true :)

Erryone can do what they please with whatever they're given ^_^

Range
05-11-2012, 10:29 PM
I want gates to drop. I don't care if its 5 vs me. Drop the gates already. I can handle it. Just drop the gates.

Protank
05-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Let the gates drop. U can't control the teams being fair by having gates. If u must have them in those two maps, make a third map with no gates any type of pvp map with no gates and I 100% garentee u that the map will always be very very busy. Trust me on this one guys

Carapace
05-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Some great ideas in here guys! We're always thinking on new PvP scenarios as well as ways to tweak current PvP systems. I'm especially interested in a FFA scenario myself. Could be fun!

Range
05-17-2012, 01:33 PM
Some great ideas in here guys! We're always thinking on new PvP scenarios as well as ways to tweak current PvP systems. I'm especially interested in a FFA scenario myself. Could be fun!

Thx for response :)

Tbh it's the most exciting pvp from sts.

DL,PL,SL. In that order imo.

Pvp is good for me.

In fact the only thing i can complain about is waiting in a locked room. The waiting can be from 5 seconds to over 20 minutes.

People will flood one team while waiting, then u wait longer. I try to fix this by leaving and trying to join same game to join other side. This works 1/2 the time if ur lucky. Mosty you will get sent to your own new game to wait for more people to join it. :P

Having pvp friends fixes that but friends aren't always there.

Anyway great job dev's keep up the good work

Snuffshow
06-10-2012, 05:08 AM
Add a dota style pvp, two blood fountains either side of spawn points.

Ingame exp for kills that total towards upgrading main base to spawn better minions, attack each others base using minions.

Aim of the game is to swarm the opponents base with minons to destroy the base, player kills earn exp towards upgrading base, spawn time takes longer the longer the game goes. Nah mean!!!

And prevent spawn camping tower of doom or somethin.

Snuffshow
06-10-2012, 05:13 AM
I will just add base automatically upgrades to next beat minion level that helps towards bringing base down, players have to defend against minions while trying to upgrade their own.

Lady_Pebbles
06-10-2012, 05:22 AM
Loving the ideas here! Buuuut, I also want THIS-->Guild vs Guild PvP (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?55227-Suggestion-Guild-vs-Guild-PvP-CtF)

:-D

nz_tonyjin88
06-10-2012, 06:04 AM
lag in pvp is a joke these days, especially at peak time. I use skill on opponant but it turns out I have used skills on the wall where he just passed. I know this isnt just me cuz I see ppl crying their skills are "broken" and lag.. any ways to fix this recent lag issue?

YuNoEatBeaRs
06-10-2012, 08:13 AM
Add a dota style pvp, two blood fountains either side of spawn points.

Ingame exp for kills that total towards upgrading main base to spawn better minions, attack each others base using minions.

Aim of the game is to swarm the opponents base with minons to destroy the base, player kills earn exp towards upgrading base, spawn time takes longer the longer the game goes. Nah mean!!!

And prevent spawn camping tower of doom or somethin.

Sorry but NO, If i wanted to play DOTA style game, I would've played DOTA/LOL or any other MOBA game out there, I would hate for this game to become a cheap copy of another.