PDA

View Full Version : Stashable vanities

Rare
04-22-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm sure there have been a number if posts about this. But, i think its very deserving of its own thread.

Please make vanities stashable. This is the one MAJOR problem I have with Dark Legends. I broke down and bought a new toon after STS could not accommodate the premium update to my current toon.

At least allow me to use the purchased vanity outfits on both.

If there's already a thread about this (on mobile and don't have time to search), please forum police, flame on.

Rare
04-25-2012, 01:09 PM

n00b13st
04-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Nobody has replied?

I agree completely Aed, I get not being able to trade vanities/plat items in general but I want to be able to get them out of my inventory and ideally put them on an alt on the same account. I won't buy them for every character on the same e-mail so preventing me from sharing on the same account isn't generating more income. (Having more cool stuff to buy is what will get more of my hard-earned cash. Sexy and deadly vamp outfits FTW!)

Deathpunch
04-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Nobody has replied?

I agree completely Aed, I get not being able to trade vanities/plat items in general but I want to be able to get them out of my inventory and ideally put them on an alt on the same account. I won't buy them for every character on the same e-mail so preventing me from sharing on the same account isn't generating more income. (Having more cool stuff to buy is what will get more of my hard-earned cash. Sexy and deadly vamp outfits FTW!)

Nobody replied because there are already a few threads about this. Even the op realized it after a few, hence his second post. :)

With that said, yes, I want to stash my vanities, but its unlikely due to achievements tied to the outfits.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Rare
04-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Nobody replied because there are already a few threads about this. Even the op realized it after a few, hence his second post. :)

With that said, yes, I want to stash my vanities, but its unlikely due to achievements tied to the outfits.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Well, to be honest, I've seen posts that mentioned this, but they are hidden within other threads.

IMO, the achievements angle is a poor excuse if that is what STS is shooting for. Like n00b13st mentioned, I'll be much more inclined to buy outfits and therefor plat if I can reuse the items on alts. Otherwise, its not worth it for me. I'm not going to buy some costumes for toon A and others for toon B. But I WOULD by MANY costumes if I could use it on multiple toons.

I am curious as to how many people actually have bought the same outfit to use on multiple toons.

EDIT: Actually, there are a few. Deathpunch, I just saw a locked thread you made about a similar subject. So yes, my apology in post 2 stands.

Deathpunch
04-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Well, to be honest, I've seen posts that mentioned this, but they are hidden within other threads.

IMO, the achievements angle is a poor excuse if that is what STS is shooting for. Like n00b13st mentioned, I'll be much more inclined to buy outfits and therefor plat if I can reuse the items on alts. Otherwise, its not worth it for me. I'm not going to buy some costumes for toon A and others for toon B. But I WOULD by MANY costumes if I could use it on multiple toons.

I am curious as to how many people actually have bought the same outfit to use on multiple toons.

EDIT: Actually, there are a few. Deathpunch, I just saw a locked thread you made about a similar subject. So yes, my apology in post 2 stands.

No problem. :)

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Rare
04-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Not sure why it was locked though. They didn't address most of your items.

Snakespeare
04-30-2012, 01:44 PM
If they let us stash vanities, what would be the point of playing? If there were a level 3 with a 300K outfit on today, we'd know it was from SERIOUS merching. If there is a level 20 with a 300K outfit we know they worked hard to farm their gold.

If you change that, what's the motive? Why bother? Isn't the point of the game to EARN your outfits?

Rare
04-30-2012, 01:55 PM
If they let us stash vanities, what would be the point of playing? If there were a level 3 with a 300K outfit on today, we'd know it was from SERIOUS merching. If there is a level 20 with a 300K outfit we know they worked hard to farm their gold.

If you change that, what's the motive? Why bother? Isn't the point of the game to EARN your outfits?

Sure... it is to earn your outfits. Not earn them 2 or 3 or 4 times.

The point of the game is just like all of their other games. I don't see the difference. If the whole purpose of the game is only about the outfits, it will be short lived.

You earn the gear (or buy it with plat), you use them on all your alts to customize their looks. Like I said before, you can bet that I will not purchase a single plat outfit if I can't stash. If I can, I might just buy all of them and use them on all my alts.

Let me ask you this... what's the point of play PL or SL?

Snakespeare
04-30-2012, 02:07 PM
PL and SL do not have achievements based on acquiring these vanities. PL and SL are grinding games. This is an achievement game.

Rare
04-30-2012, 02:32 PM
PL and SL do not have achievements based on acquiring these vanities. PL and SL are grinding games. This is an achievement game.

That may be (and I love that by the way), but I also feel the achievement feature needs to be changed as well. I think it is flawed in a number of ways.

I'm speaking from a purely financial aspect right now. One of two things I see happening:

1. STS changes this, and you will see the number or alts purchased and the number of plat purchases made skyrocket.
2. STS does not change this, and you will most likely see alt purchases come to a screeching halt as well as most plat purchases (for the vanities at least).

Maybe STS is trying to discourage mutiple slots though. I don't know.