PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: at a clock where you show the battery status

setec
04-18-2010, 07:45 AM
MENU --> Menu Tab --> You have a Battery status in the lower left hand corner. Great idea btw. Would it be possible to add some code to pull the device's time and place it maybe in the bottom right hand corner? I have taken to not wearing a watch these days and I use my iPhone as a watch. However, I loose track of time while playing PL and often wonder what time it is but don't want to exit out of the game. :)

Deathshock
04-18-2010, 02:37 PM
MENU --> Menu Tab --> You have a Battery status in the lower left hand corner. Great idea btw. Would it be possible to add some code to pull the device's time and place it maybe in the bottom right hand corner? I have taken to not wearing a watch these days and I use my iPhone as a watch. However, I loose track of time while playing PL and often wonder what time it is but don't want to exit out of the game. :)

Don't you carry a cell phone? =P
And which screen do you suggest adding the clock in? When you're In-game? Because for some devices the screen could get pretty crowded.

setec
04-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Not trying to be snooty, but you didn't read my post. If I'm in game on my iPhone then I can't check the time without leaving the game. And I am in no way suggesting adding a clock to the in game screen. In PL, Go to your Menu, then the Menu tab. You will see a battery meter on the bottom left. I am suggesting a time on the bottom right.

Deathshock
04-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Oh I'm sorry haha, That was my bad. I overlooked the iPhone part of it, personally i carry an ipod touch and my other phone.

Xervitude
04-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Don't you carry a cell phone? =P
And which screen do you suggest adding the clock in? When you're In-game? Because for some devices the screen could get pretty crowded.

Dont worry you arent the only one who thinks this is a good idea.

setec
04-18-2010, 03:12 PM
Lol, ok. Well, the devs did a great job putting that battery meter there, so would love a clock.

Loso
04-18-2010, 03:13 PM
I agree please show the battery status some where on the screen while playin.

Deathshock
04-18-2010, 03:14 PM
I agree please show the battery status some where on the screen while playin.

I dont think setec means that

setec
04-18-2010, 03:19 PM
No. I don't. If you open the game, go to the menu area, then the menu tab where it has options, you will see an already existing battery meter on the bottom left. :)

darrensmith016
04-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Not trying to be snooty, but you didn't read my post. If I'm in game on my iPhone then I can't check the time without leaving the game. And I am in no way suggesting adding a clock to the in game screen. In PL, Go to your Menu, then the Menu tab. You will see a battery meter on the bottom left. I am suggesting a time on the bottom right.

We will be getting os4.0 it will include mutitasking. So it won't end the game when we switch tasks

Aegis
04-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Ez fix
lock your device with power button
hit power again look at time
slide to unlock right where you were before
takes 2 seconds to check time
:) glad I could help

Deathshock
04-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Ez fix
lock your device with power button
hit power again look at time
slide to unlock right where you were before
takes 2 seconds to check time
:) glad I could help
Excelllent point!

darrensmith016
04-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Never thought of that

Shebee
04-18-2010, 03:49 PM
I love the battery meter, but it lacks a % indicator...

setec
04-18-2010, 06:14 PM
We will be getting os4.0 it will include mutitasking. So it won't end the game when we switch tasks'

This is not correct. Multi-tasking will be in OS 4.0 for the iPhone 3GS, iPad and iPod Touch 3rd Generation only. It will not be on older iPhones or iPod Touches (unless you hack it) (http://www.gadgetsdna.com/iphone-4-0-multitasking-on-iphone-3g-and-ipod-touch-2g/2124/).

So, why not add this simple to do feature into PL so all devices can benefit.

Also, I have the 4.0 OS and although PL is not yet written for multi-tasking, I can activate the multi-task menu but there is no clock visible. I would have to load something else to get the clock. So, if PL had the code added for that, yes, that would work, but not on all systems.

As for the workaround suggested by locking the system, great tip!!!! Love it.

However, since the developers thought to add the battery meter in the game, I really don't see why a line of code could not be added since on that screen there are 3 free corners. We are in the menu all the time to equip new loot, buy stuff from the store, etc.

http://www.the-innercircle.com/setec/pl/screenshots/battery_status_iphone.jpg

Nefhril
04-19-2010, 01:44 AM
Yea that would be great to have.

Here at work we're playing PL a lot and we have the same problem every lunch. We start asking each other if it’s time to get back to work and no one knows cause no one will quit PL to check the time on there iPhones :P

Deathshock
04-19-2010, 01:49 AM
'

This is not correct. Multi-tasking will be in OS 4.0 for the iPhone 3GS, iPad and iPod Touch 3rd Generation only. It will not be on older iPhones or iPod Touches (unless you hack it) (http://www.gadgetsdna.com/iphone-4-0-multitasking-on-iphone-3g-and-ipod-touch-2g/2124/).

So, why not add this simple to do feature into PL so all devices can benefit.

Also, I have the 4.0 OS and although PL is not yet written for multi-tasking, I can activate the multi-task menu but there is no clock visible. I would have to load something else to get the clock. So, if PL had the code added for that, yes, that would work, but not on all systems.

As for the workaround suggested by locking the system, great tip!!!! Love it.

However, since the developers thought to add the battery meter in the game, I really don't see why a line of code could not be added since on that screen there are 3 free corners. We are in the menu all the time to equip new loot, buy stuff from the store, etc.

http://www.the-innercircle.com/setec/pl/screenshots/battery_status_iphone.jpg

Yeah sorry about earlier Setec, you are completely right about this.

_ck
04-19-2010, 06:57 AM
I made a quick mockup of what it could look like:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4706/plclock.jpg

(I chose the opposite bottom corner to balance the design with the battery meter on the other side)