PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: EXP Banker

Shuri
04-23-2012, 03:28 PM
(NOW WITH PICTURES!!! :D)

Well as the title says EXP Banker that's exctly what it is. After talking in the free chat on the forums with cap, fyrce aswell as morfic and others(To many to list! LOL)

I thought it would be nice to have a EXP Banker/Freezer that can do one or multiple things. Here's how it'll work.

EXP Banker
Job: Freezes/Banks EXP gain for a fee to take it back out.

Picture:
http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af188/xKazie/Dark%20Legends/DLEXPSuggestion03.png
(DL Content in use: Shuri Avatar, Blood Pack Seller, Options for the Slider, Dark legends Client)

Okay now with that out of the way, Down to the mechanics. What the bankers sole purpose is to do is make it so farming items can be a little easier, A lot of DL players have notices upon levelling your character you can no longer farm "Said" items of that level you desired it to be. Now that's where the Banker comes into play. Say you wanted to farm "Blood Gem of Bashing" a level 19 Red socket pink(legendary) gem. You can no longer farm that after 19 as the gem changes to "Assault" So what the banker does is allow you(the player) to freeze or bank your EXP gains not only does this stop the whole levelling process but it also allows you to farm more efficiently and more easily without having to be afraid of levelling. :P

To justify this ability: allow the player to freeze/bank there EXP it also stops the player from ranking up in the leader boards of the game in PvP kills or PvE kills until the EXP is unfrozen thus allowing the user to farm more efficiently and more properly without fearing levelling again so they can get there item(s) they want on there next level.

EDIT: Added pictures for better understanding. Still thinking on the idea of the 'set up' So the pictures may vary depending on feedback from Players/STS Staff.
Be patient please :D

Deathpunch
04-23-2012, 05:06 PM
While it seems reasonable, I doubt it will happen for one reason. Respec. Right now, it costs plat to respec, and if you drop levels, you'll lose skill points that you would have to reallocate when you got your xp out of hock. Unless they freeze your allocations, I don't see this happening.

EDIT: Maybe they could set it up to where when you tap on the mission and it pulls the mission description up there could be a button that you could use to pay gold to farm the map at a lower level. Your toon stays the same level, just the enemies and drops have lower levels. I would also add that this option not be available until after you completed that particular map at whatever level you are.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Shuri
04-23-2012, 06:09 PM
While it seems reasonable, I doubt it will happen for one reason. Respec. Right now, it costs plat to respec, and if you drop levels, you'll lose skill points that you would have to reallocate when you got your xp out of hock. Unless they freeze your allocations, I don't see this happening.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Understandable, However the job of the EXP Banker is to free or intrust your EXP into it so if you go and do missions all EXP gain after said mission is sent to the banker allowing you to not level up, However I never said anything about being able to De-Level your character otherwise that would be a bit cheap considering you could go de-level a level 20 knowing what's best for PvP and rule over the arena getting up AP on the PvP tree-line of the Achievements.

However sole purpose of the EXP Banker is to put the EXP you have on your character from 0 to X(levelling) to stop you levelling so you can efficiently farm the item(s) you're after.

For example Deathpunch, Say you have 1500 EXP on you and you need 2000 to level. You'll put the 1500 in the banker freezing it thus ending up with 0 EXP out of 2000 to level, No way to be able to gain or lose EXP instead all EXP gained is sent to the bank thus making it roll into more gold to get it out if you desire to do so.
With that said, Skill allocation has nothing to do with the EXP freezing/Banking it's all to do with "if you want to do this at a high fee, Do it."

Hope this helps you understand a little more DP, I wrote this suggestion early in the morning, To early. Lmao, I'll fix it soon to be more descriptive/Understandable shortly.

Deathpunch
04-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Ah, ok, I just misunderstood. Its clearer now. Thanks! I retract my previous comments, now that I have a clearer understanding of what you meant. However, my edit I think would be an easier way of doing it. :)

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Mothwing
04-23-2012, 06:39 PM
It was a little confusing for me, but isn't this exactly like the "Stop XP gain option", but much more complicated? If i am mistaken, please correct me.

Shuri
04-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Jumped a PC with Coral Photoshop pro to make it. Feed back is welcome I hope it's more understanding to everyone now. Sorry for the delay ^-^ Although it does allow more efficient farming of items.

Criticism is always a +1 to me as well, Let me know if anything should change/Be added I'm flexible like a rubber band :D