PDA

View Full Version : A fun gold suggestion

XghostzX
04-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Has anyone ever wondered how much gold you've produced into the game? When I mean this, I mean every time you kill a mob you'll general be awarded with, let's say, 8 gold. You have just produced another 8 gold in to the game. Wouldn't be neat if you could see how much gold you've put into the game? And how neat would it be if you could see the total amount of gold that has been produced in game?

The gold can come from mobs, those little treasure chests, liquidation, buying gold through plat. It wouldn't come from selling gear through the CS of course.

Sounds like a stupid idea, huh? I thought it would be interesting. I see players who have 5 characters maxed out with 9mill and wonder how much gold they have compared throughout the entire server.

Swimmingstar
04-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Has anyone ever wondered how much gold you've produced into the game? When I mean this, I mean every time you kill a mob you'll general be awarded with, let's say, 8 gold. You have just produced another 8 gold in to the game. Wouldn't be neat if you could see how much gold you've put into the game? And how neat would it be if you could see the total amount of gold that has been produced in game?

The gold can come from mobs, those little treasure chests, liquidation, buying gold through plat. It wouldn't come from selling gear through the CS of course.

Sounds like a stupid idea, huh? I thought it would be interesting. I see players who have 5 characters maxed out with 9mill and wonder how much gold they have throughout the entire server.

Hmm maybe... then I could figure out how much money I got from chests and stuff, would be cool. But I was thinking overall.

Matutd
04-23-2012, 04:22 PM
I like the idea. I think it would be a cool little feature :) and adding a leaderboard for this would be pretty cool too imo

Chickenrunnn
04-23-2012, 04:42 PM
I bet on 5621,987,654,321 gold for me o.o.... xD Would be complicated but funny lol

XghostzX
04-23-2012, 08:26 PM
I think this would be pretty legit. Then players would get more involved in running dungeons and having another go at achieving something, you know what I mean? Leader boards would be cool for this too.

rinzler
04-23-2012, 08:35 PM
This does sound like a great idea :P

Skeletonlord
04-23-2012, 08:45 PM
I like the idea, but one thing I have not seen in game before is a statistics page, which can include this information. I know that there is your avatar page which includes your kill/death stats, but I mean information like how much of the game you have completed overall, what percent of each campaign you have completed, and your gold suggestion!

XghostzX
04-23-2012, 10:23 PM
It would also be neat if there was some feature, since some players feel "unlucky" when they farm, they can look back at there history and look at certain levels. They can find the average amount of gold that they farm at each map/level. Not very techy, I'm not sure if this would be hard to implement. But just adding on to the idea!

Noodleleg
04-28-2012, 11:22 PM
I'd have 69 on my counter :D

Swimmingstar
04-29-2012, 02:04 PM
To think about it again, a leader board would make people purchase so much gold, hit chests then rmk, causing overflow of games making it hard to actually find runs. Also, people could just liquidate and restore and simultaneously do it. Also people could create bots to do this.

XghostzX
04-29-2012, 04:41 PM
To think about it again, a leader board would make people purchase so much gold, hit chests then rmk, causing overflow of games making it hard to actually find runs. Also, people could just liquidate and restore and simultaneously do it. Also people could create bots to do this.

Here's how I see it, but good point thanks for bringing it up.

It doesn't necessarily have to be leader board specific. Even if it was, that's good that people have the motivation to keep going after gold. 1.) Gold will commonly be bought for newcomers-- nobody wants to spend several dollars just for virtual gold to have their name up on a leader board. 2.) Trust me man, I think everyone has gone through a 'gold phase' where we remake levels just to get the gold from chests... what is it, like 5-10 gold every chest? Not to mention that chests don't even give gold every time. 3.) The liquidation part would add to the in game gold that has been produced, but I'm confused on what you mean by "restore and simultaneously do it"? Do you mean liquidating the item, and then recovering it to re-liquidate it? If so, you're only producing the same amount of gold in game.

Buddyf97
04-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Now lets think back... How did people make gold before? Plasma Pyramid Chest?! Theres gonna be that one person who spent all their time at the 45 cap turning around and using blast shot on the chests! Leaderboards? NO
But I agree! This would be pretty cool to see!