PDA

View Full Version : Recent locked threads increased by a lot

Swimmingstar
04-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Here's what Sam says

You guys are crazy!

Thread closed.

Anyway!

I've been noticing the recent increase of locked threads. Don't feel bad if you have had a locked thread, 70% of the time it's not because of you.

Reasons threads get locked is they don't follow the ToS or the posts don't. There are many reasons like harassment, uselessness, flaming, arguing, clutter sometimes, etc.

What we can do to reduce locked threads is to stop posting bad posts, useless posts, flame posts, mean, rude, etc.

There has also been an increase of guides, and locked guides.

There are many things you need to ask yourself before posting about the guide or if you're the original poster, is it needed.

Here's the most important.

For the original poster 1. Is it needed? Has it been made?
For the commenters 2. Is your comment useful?
For the original poster 3. Is it just for thanks?

The answers for these questions should be

1. Yes. Yes or no, is another one needed, is the old one out of date, or maybe there's just one other, etc. If there are lots then it is probably not needed.

2. Yes.

3. No.

dudetus
04-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Nowadays the guides are the ones which get locked because they are so very flammable. It requires only one single bad post in the whole guide thread to turn the guide discussion into a flamewar.

Suentous PO
04-23-2012, 07:16 PM
My problem is I sometimes have trouble seeing the difference in off topic and "clutter/useless". If someone made me laugh I find that useful, and others may see junk.
I was the last post in that thread that ended with "you guys are crazy" which I took as a complement.
It's a judgement call, and it's theirs to make, I'll try an learn.

RedRyder
04-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Eh..

FluffNStuff
04-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Few things pess me off, but when a good thread gets locked cause some self-centered twit drove it off topic with an unholy mixture of spam and flames, then said selfish trash best be getting a banned under their name.

StompArtist
04-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Ib4tl

Deathpunch
04-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Ib4tl

You're so mean!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=55594

IB4L

-----
Sent from my Asus Transformer

Swords
04-24-2012, 08:34 AM
flamable threads are locked like people said :)

Samhayne
04-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Hey Swimmingstar,

I know well that no one likes to feel the yoke of moderation. However, we're committed to upholding the forum rules and keeping the forums a fun place for the exchange of ideas and commentary about Spacetime Games. Generally, when the thread content is good, but a poster (or a few) are dragging it down, we will attempt to address the issue with those individuals, rather than take out the whole discussion. However, if the thread isn't one that's on a positive topic or otherwise straying too far afield, we'll close it down. As Suentous PO mentions, it is a judgement call and a lot of times it can fall in grey areas.

I closed your poll since it didn't need a vote - the fact that we've closed more threads recently is self evident. The recent controversy over "spam" guides or plays for reputation gain are the leading contender.

At the end of the day, you can help us out with moderation here on the forums by making use of the Report Post button. Use it to make our Moderation Team aware of posts you think we should look into.

Thanks very much,

-Samhayne

Swimmingstar
04-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Hey Swimmingstar,

I know well that no one likes to feel the yoke of moderation. However, we're committed to upholding the forum rules and keeping the forums a fun place for the exchange of ideas and commentary about Spacetime Games. Generally, when the thread content is good, but a poster (or a few) are dragging it down, we will attempt to address the issue with those individuals, rather than take out the whole discussion. However, if the thread isn't one that's on a positive topic or otherwise straying too far afield, we'll close it down. As Suentous PO mentions, it is a judgement call and a lot of times it can fall in grey areas.

I closed your poll since it didn't need a vote - the fact that we've closed more threads recently is self evident. The recent controversy over "spam" guides or plays for reputation gain are the leading contender.

At the end of the day, you can help us out with moderation here on the forums by making use of the Report Post button. Use it to make our Moderation Team aware of posts you think we should look into.

Thanks very much,

-Samhayne

Ok, just was trying to decrease the number.

Justg
04-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Is this a guide?

Zeus
04-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Is this a guide?

._. He was just trying to help the situation of the forums.

Yes, I get this post was humorous. I'll admit, I laughed, but when our own developers, role models of the community, start trolling/throwing jests at people's threads, it only encourages others to do it.

Swimmingstar
04-24-2012, 05:30 PM
._. He was just trying to help the situation of the forums.

Yes, I get this post was humorous. I'll admit, I laughed, but when our own developers, role models of the community, start trolling/throwing jests at people's threads, it only encourages others to do it.

That eye in your sig threatens me to give you rep.

Walkhardd
04-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Hes just lightening up the mood for all you grumpy forumers. ;)

Zeus
04-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Hes just lightening up the mood for all you grumpy forumers. ;)

I know, but obviously offended a customer as an effect.

Swimmingstar
04-24-2012, 06:02 PM
I know, but obviously offended a customer as an effect.

It's ok, I'm not really offended.

Zeus
04-24-2012, 06:34 PM
It's ok, I'm not really offended.

Okay, your tone just seemed like it. :P

Swimmingstar
04-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Okay, your tone just seemed like it. :P

Are you hearing things when you read posts? :p

Zeus
04-26-2012, 12:07 AM
Are you hearing things when you read posts? :p

More like AP Literature is invading my life! Causing me to over analyze things everywhere! :(

Otukura
04-26-2012, 12:16 AM
More like AP Literature is invading my life! Causing me to over analyze things everywhere! :(

AP Lit in senior? y u no slack off?

wvhills
04-26-2012, 09:14 AM
slack off ftw!

Justg
04-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Swimming, I really was trying to lighten the mood. Much apologies if you took offense... i <3 you!

- g

Jugernugetx
04-26-2012, 10:10 AM
It depends on who the poster is.
Lets say an unrecognized person were to post about the annoying rages of sts forums.
No one would agree and thread would be locked asap.
Now,
If someone very known and popular as.... alot of people. Like... a person who u look up to and admire would post about the annoying raging on sts forums.
Everyone would agree, even the devs. Ive seen it before, plus,
It happens to me.
So lets see what happens with my post. DONT QUOTE IF UR JUST GONNA YELL AT ME.

ninjaduck
04-26-2012, 10:36 AM
This thread is intense

Please thank/give rep/make me president if this post helped!

Thanks/rep/presidential vote is appreciated as I put a huge amount of effort into this post!

If you fail to give thanks/rep/make me president, I will hit you with a stick!