PDA

View Full Version : 2 deaths in one sequence

Sarge
04-24-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm noticing that a few times when I have been killed it's showing up twice in the message box that I've been killed by the same player

e.g.
Joe killed Sarge
Joe killed Sarge

Is this an error/bug (only counting towards one death) or are two deaths actually occurring at the same time? If the latter is the case, what causes it and how can it be avoided?

ta

Sarge

Otukura
04-24-2012, 10:37 AM
I've noticed it happens normally when there's a delayed attack like fatal burst that happens after death. Seen it happen on other occasions too, and I have no idea what causes that.

Sarge
04-24-2012, 06:09 PM
I've noticed it happens normally when there's a delayed attack like fatal burst that happens after death. Seen it happen on other occasions too, and I have no idea what causes that.

Yeah that makes sense. Other possibility is the swarm.

BirdBrainJr
04-25-2012, 08:55 AM
They need to fix that cuz I counted someones kills after match and those double kills count.

Lady_Pebbles
05-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Agreed. Its a nasty bug that needs fixing a.s.a.p.

Nassar
05-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Yeah, it's been around forever and each time it occurs, it counts as an official kill/death.
The worst I've seen is one player killed by three others simultaneously.

Blaquehaaart
05-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Vs/stomp builds were so powerful they weren't only insta killing you, they were double insta killing you.

Hullukko
05-05-2012, 02:09 PM
For the record, this bug persists. It makes DM scoring a bit unfair. I just won a fight with a double pop at 23. It shouldn't be like that...

Blaquehaaart
05-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Agreed, it's definitely a problem in DM. Man the vs/stomp build messed up pvp on so many levels. I really don't know what the devs were thinking when they implemented it in the first place.

I can just imagine the conversation:

Lead dev: "Hey, we should make a tree with skills that stun, does high damage, knock backs, uses little points to acquire, has little blood loss, and kills one thing twice."

Underling: "Dude, that would just be stupidly over powered for pvp."

Lead dev: "what's pvp?"

Underling: "It's when people fight each other in the game. We gotta kind of make the skill trees balance so there is some variety in builds and play style. If we just make one dominating tree that is better on blood use, gives better survivability, has higher damage for less points invested, and utility mechanics, everyone that pvps competitively is going to use the spec. Moreover, with a different spec will get their asses handed to them, and will eventually spec the tree to be competitive, or stop pvping all together. Thus, everyone will end up having the same build, which takes the whole point out of having skill trees in the first place."

Lead dev: "OMG, I love rodents!!! Throw some of those into the mix!!!"

Underling: "Seriously?"

Lead dev: "Rooooodeeeeents!!!"

Underling: "Would you also like to limit the players sight to 20 feet by taking away option to tilt the camera in pvp?"

Lead dev: "Great idea!!!"

Underling: "I was being sarcastic."

Lead dev: "Sarcasm is the mother of invention. Now that that's settled, let's talk about platinum..."

Samhayne
05-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the head's up on this bug. We're digging into it.

Sarge
05-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Underling: "Would you also like to limit the players sight to 20 feet by taking away option to tilt the camera in pvp?"

I often wondered why it was limited to 20 feet, but realised why when I started playing on my phone. I usually play with an xbox 360 controller pad on chrome, so I can constantly rotate the camera 360 deg around me whilst keeping a skill charged (e.g. FB assigned to right shoulder button, left thumb on left stick for movement, right thumb on right stick for camera). This is useful when needing to change your field of view all around you whilst moving and charging.

However when playing on a phone it's difficult to rotate the camera while moving around and keeping a skill charged. You either have to take your right thumb off the skill button (thus losing the charge and effort of the skill) or take your left thumb of the virtual joystick (thus stopping your movement) to swivel he camera around. The limited range of view is beneficial in this case as it means that your view behind you (if you are unable to swivel the camera due to the above) isn't much less than an opponent's front field of view to your back, meaning you won’t be as vulnerable to surprise attacks from behind.

If everyone could swivel the camera, move and charge attacks at the same time, then expanding the FOV would work, but this isn’t the case. Players with my setup would have a much higher advantage than those on phones and tablets....and after all, this game was primarily designed for them.

monarchival
05-17-2012, 07:45 AM
This is still happening and i think some players figured out how to do it. One guy double killed me a few times in one match. Coincidence, i dont think so. Plus the player had a really high k/d ratio. Pls fix this soon.

Hullukko
05-17-2012, 01:35 PM
However when playing on a phone it's impossible to rotate the camera while moving around and keeping a skill charged. You either have to take your right thumb off the skill button (thus losing the charge and effort of the skill) or take your left thumb of the virtual joystick (thus stopping your movement) to swivel he camera around.

That is true for those that have only thumbs.

I myself use my index fingers to rotate the camera pretty much all the time while running and holding a charge with my left and right thumb, respectively. (galaxy note, galaxy tab and other androids)

But your point still stands. It's way easier for others and allowing pitching in pvp would yield unnecessary advantage to those being capable of it.

A lot of tactics in both ctf and dm are currently related to this limited fov and in a good way in my opinion. But this is ot in this thread.

monarchival
05-23-2012, 05:16 AM
Dont want this to be forgotten. Its still happens, and more frequently now. It is now a matter of if u cant beat them, join them. So just about everybody has figured out how to get double kills.

Sorcererssoul
05-23-2012, 05:40 AM
Dont want this to be forgotten. Its still happens, and more frequently now. It is now a matter of if u cant beat them, join them. So just about everybody has figured out how to get double kills.
Don't agree, the combo that results in double kills is my usual combo, don't use it just for double kills.
I do agree this needs to be fixed.

wvhills
05-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Is it safe to assume that since it's been a month that these double kills aren't going to be fixed?

Bpog
05-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Is it safe to assume that since it's been a month that these double kills aren't going to be fixed?

Some fixes require a code integration process, which can take a long time. The fix for this is being prepared for publish, so expect it soon.

Sarge
05-24-2012, 04:28 AM
That is true for those that have only thumbs.

I myself use my index fingers to rotate the camera pretty much all the time while running and holding a charge with my left and right thumb, respectively. (galaxy note, galaxy tab and other androids)

But your point still stands. It's way easier for others and allowing pitching in pvp would yield unnecessary advantage to those being capable of it.

A lot of tactics in both ctf and dm are currently related to this limited fov and in a good way in my opinion. But this is ot in this thread.

I haven't actually tried on a tablet yet but can see how your method would work. Doing this on a phone however is almost impractical as a large portion of the screen is covered by fingers and thumbs.

Will try it out on a tab tonight.

Sry, last post from me re thumbs and fov in this thread.

wvhills
05-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Some fixes require a code integration process, which can take a long time. The fix for this is being prepared for publish, so expect it soon.

???? Still being coded I guess?

Lady_Pebbles
06-03-2012, 05:07 PM
A lot of people are exploiting this bug and its not right. I wish they could get this fixed already. Now theres even 3kills and sometimes 4.

wvhills
06-05-2012, 09:53 AM
any word on this yet?

wvhills
06-07-2012, 10:11 PM
?????
So, ur not going to fix it?

Lady_Pebbles
06-08-2012, 03:51 PM
This thread has been completely ignored. Smh!

Skeokateva
06-11-2012, 11:30 AM
My main thus far is a Warrior and having hit level 10 I got access to the "Rage" skill; however, the circle behind the skill icon is colored red instead of yellow, and I can't assign it to one of the hotkey slots. The skill description doesn't give any indication that there is a stat requirement to use the skill. What's going on? :confused:

Must be still in the "coming soon" stages??? this has been a serious problem for too long imo.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2