PDA

View Full Version : Staff of Ra of Thoth vs Ezeria's Lightning Set Staff

Spiritualist
08-13-2010, 06:50 AM
As always, I'm a bit confused but hopefully I can get a simple answer to my question. This is me without any equipment or weapons:

http://www.communityfansites.com/pocketlegends/images/spiritualist_nude01.PNG

This is me with my normal helm, armor and as you can see, a Staff of Ra of Thoth (a pink lvl 45 item):

http://www.communityfansites.com/pocketlegends/images/spiritualist_staff_ra_thoth01.PNG

And these are the stats that I would have with the same helm and armor and as you can see, Ezeria's Set Lightning Staff (a green lvl 45 item):

http://www.communityfansites.com/pocketlegends/images/spiritualist_ezeria_lightning_set01.PNG

I guess my question is about the stat differences. From my reading of this, the damage, DPS (whatever that is) and armor is better with Ezeria's staff and the only better things the Staff of Ra of Thoth give me are 4 more INT (which I understand isn't going to make a difference with the amount of INT I have anyway), -1 to Crital (which again I'm not sure makes much difference) with the only bigger stat difference being mana regeneration (being 6 less with Ezeria's staff than Staff of Ra of Thoth). Is that right? And if so, which is best? Or do you expert 45s often keep different weapons and equipment handy depending upon what you are doing?

And would a Dark Matter Staff of Thoth be best (perhaps the best of both worlds as I believe it's the best INT staff) if I can get one?

Comments? Advice? Sandwich?

Royce
08-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Use the Ra. Set Lighting staffs have slightly higher damage and armor, but Ra damage not only your target, but also mobs around your target, so you are actually doing a lot more damage with that staff. Even if that was not the case, it would be the right move just for the M/s gain.

Spiritualist
08-13-2010, 06:56 AM
OK, so you are talking about AoE here... how do you know that it has greater AoE, as there doesn't appear to be a stat for that visible to me?

And I guess that's why I also wondered whether people often have two types of weapon - for example, one that does have best dam when fighting alone, but another that might have best mana regen for when with tankers.

Royce
08-13-2010, 06:58 AM
OK, so you are talking about AoE here... how do you know that it has greater AoE, as there doesn't appear to be a stat for that visible to me?

From using it ;) Procs are never listed in the item descriptions, so you always have to ask people or try stuff out yourself, particularly with Int weapons. The staff of Ra has an AOE on target effect, and the Set staff only hits your target, so if you want to call it "greater" AOE, then it is infinitely greater :D

vulgarstrike
08-13-2010, 07:03 AM
while you're on topic, does Thoth spear have a proc?

Royce
08-13-2010, 07:26 AM
while you're on topic, does Thoth spear have a proc?

All spears, tridents, and pitchforks can break armor.

vulgarstrike
08-13-2010, 07:34 AM
merci monsieur.

Rarefew
08-13-2010, 07:51 AM
Galzxy (yes that's the spelling) Is better than dark matter

j46g629h
08-13-2010, 08:11 AM
galzxy is still expensive, not many people can afford it and only few people would sell it for cheap,
best value is dark matter staff of thoth if you focus on damage, this is my opinion,

Spiritualist
08-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Even if that was not the case, it would be the right move just for the M/s gain.What sort of mana regen should one aim to get? At the moment, I have 12 with the Staff/Ra/Thoth and I've been around AO2 Lvl5 twice today and not run out of mana once, as it takes longer for my skills to regen (even when at skill level 5) so in my mind, 12 is really a maximum that I'd need. Is that correct, and therefore could I balance getting more damage with a weapon if I had armor for example that gave me near 10 to 12 mana regen? I guess I'm asking, if I had a fulls set of the best Thoth with mana regen of 20 to 25 or whatever, would that actually benefit a player?

Tailless
08-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Personally I like using 2 Thoth and 2 Isis. I have 13 H/s and 16 M/s and the added bonus of armor from the Wand/Eye combo. The only limiting factor is the skills refresh time, I never have a problem with mana unless I use Magic Shield. I loved using staffs but I found that I love staying alive more with the extra survivability from the Armor and H/s. For me the small increase of DPS from a staff is negligible considering most of my damage is caused by my spells and not my auto attacks.
If you really want the extra Weapon DPS I have an extra Set lightning Staff of Thoth or if you want some more H/s I have an Isis one.

KingFu
08-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Galzxy (yes that's the spelling) Is better than dark matter

Galzyx is a dark matter, I had one and the full name is Galzyx Dark Matter Staff.

Procs are never listed in the item descriptions

Actually Royce, look at the description on the Darkness Blades, and they say that they have nightmare proc. ;)

Chickdigcookies
08-13-2010, 11:25 AM
i find 12/13 ms not enough for a mage...i use 25 and when i do a full blown assault i have enough for a heal...

plus ive also seen that A LOT of mages dont spam thier self buffs as frequent as i do...i spam them as soon as i get em, even if its for 15 second its still worth the extra dmg and armor...maybe this is why you never go out of mana.

j46g629h
08-13-2010, 12:06 PM
levelling will be fine with 12 M/S,
but if you farm especially rush, I will recommend to get mana regen as much as you can

Tailless
08-13-2010, 07:40 PM
I always spam the 2 buffs to try and keep the self buffs up, I only have 1 of the 2 debuffs but with that, a dark wand, and lightning the mobs always have debuffs on. 16 M/s is enough for that and heals when the group takes damage along with Lightning, Frost, then Fire. I have to pop a mana pot or 2 if I use Magic Shield and take damage though.