PDA

View Full Version : ASWD moving around problem

Michael Babineau
04-24-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm trying to play on google chrome and the second I hit one of the movement buttons (ASWD), my character continues to run without stopping. No matter what directional button I push to try and make him run a different direction it doesn't work. He runs until he hits a wall and continues to run in place against the wall.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Ripper McGee
04-24-2012, 02:26 PM
I think the problem is you're supposed to be using WASD ;)

Seriously, though, on what device? Are you talking about Chrome on a PC, tablet or phone? If it's a PC, what operating system? If it's a device, does it support multi-touch?

octavos
04-24-2012, 02:33 PM
I think the problem is you're supposed to be using WASD ;)

Seriously, though, on what device? Are you talking about Chrome on a PC, tablet or phone? If it's a PC, what operating system? If it's a device, does it support multi-touch?

I remember this happening in SL during beta on chrome...if Dl is windowed and tab is pressed while walking forward, it will cause this issue.

So play...
1.full screen = in chrome settings far right corner.
2. dont play windowed or switch windows as your walking
3.restart DL.... :p

Michael Babineau
04-24-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm using Chrome on a PC and I'm playing full screen.

I'm already in full screen while the game is loading, I choose my character, choose the first mission and then when it's ready to play I hit "W" to start walking and then the problem occurs. the non-stop walking.

This happened to me with another game in Chrome and I tried it on Mozilla and the game worked fine, but DL doesn't work on Mozilla.

Fyrce
04-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Nope, don't need tab for this to happen. This did not happen to me at the beginning. Keyboard issues are a recent problem for me: The frozen movement thing and the non-recognized keyboards keys thing (only some keys work for chat, most do not, I ended up saying "hhhhhhhhh" a lot).

These are now consistent problems in the game. At first I thought it was me checking Powers or Inventory, but now it just happens.

Michael Babineau
04-24-2012, 09:41 PM
I guess I will not be playing the game then. bummer

Kaytar
04-24-2012, 09:48 PM
That's why I don't play on Chrome. It happens to me every.single.time on all games. Playing on hand helds is better anyway :P

Otukura
04-24-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm using Chrome on a PC and I'm playing full screen.

I'm already in full screen while the game is loading, I choose my character, choose the first mission and then when it's ready to play I hit "W" to start walking and then the problem occurs. the non-stop walking.

This happened to me with another game in Chrome and I tried it on Mozilla and the game worked fine, but DL doesn't work on Mozilla.

If it's just Chrome, try re-installing Chrome.

Ripper McGee
04-25-2012, 03:52 PM
What operating system, what build of Chrome and is it actually "Chrome" or a Chromium browser like Comodo Dragon, ChromePlus or RockMelt? Are you running any macros, do you have a special keyboard like a G15?

I'm on the current release 18.0.1025.162 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on a laptop and I've NEVER had a problem. So, "out of the box", the game seems to work on Chrome just fine. If it didn't, there would be a lot more clamor. As such, there has to be something different about the environment in which you're running the game, so let's try to figure out what it is.

Martin Tander
04-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Try moving by mouse clicks takes time to get use to but its quite convinient))