PDA

View Full Version : Is it ALL about DPS?

GaZz
08-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Ok, so I'm sorry if this has been covered multiple times already, but...

I have a lvl 17 Enchantress, I went mostly INT. I've read posts about Battlemages / Paladins / Dexbears etc... and I have a question.

In my bag I have a Battle Sword of Strength, a level 15 sword requiring 51 STR to equip. With that sword highlighted it tells me I would have a DPS increase of 20 taking me to 79.

So... if I respec my character with 51 STR and use that sword, the only detriment will be my Mana Pool and Mana Regen?

Thanks in advance.
G

Royce
08-13-2010, 12:02 PM
That's correct. Currently there is little benefit to Int. You will be almost exactly as efficient a spellcaster with Str/Dex (Paladin) and will do more damage though not ranged. A dex mage can do even more damage than a paladin, has range, but scrifices armor. Int needs help badly if true mages are going to be viable.

Edit: Though I should mention paladin can be expensive in terms of mana pots till level 40, and dex mage to level 35, while Int gear has more regen a bit earlier. After 40 though Int mages have no purpose.

Chickdigcookies
08-13-2010, 12:29 PM
That's correct. Currently there is little benefit to Int. You will be almost exactly as efficient a spellcaster with Str/Dex (Paladin) and will do more damage though not ranged. A dex mage can do even more damage than a paladin, has range, but scrifices armor. Int needs help badly if true mages are going to be viable.

Edit: Though I should mention paladin can be expensive in terms of mana pots till level 40, and dex mage to level 35, while Int gear has more regen a bit earlier. After 40 though Int mages have no purpose.

they do have a purpose. theyre the ones willing to pay 600k+ for galxyz.

GaZz
08-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the reply! Think I'll respec dex!

Chickdigcookies
08-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the reply! Think I'll respec dex!

do it, its amazingly amazing. and if you can, go thoth talon...OP

GaZz
08-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Done! I'm on a Talon, just a basic one though. Not guilded so I just get the odd drop and shop stuff!

Royce
08-14-2010, 08:16 AM
Use some Burglar's orange gear if you can find it. Each piece give you 1 M/s. I have some bows, but I haven't seen a low level burglar's talon. I also have a bunch of Burglar's armor, so let me know if you need something.

GaZz
08-16-2010, 03:38 AM
Use some Burglar's orange gear if you can find it. Each piece give you 1 M/s. I have some bows, but I haven't seen a low level burglar's talon. I also have a bunch of Burglar's armor, so let me know if you need something.

Thanks! I'm keeping my eyes peeled for Burglar's gear. I have the Burglar's Avian Helm on at the moment and got the Burglar's Hawk Talon in my bag for when I hit 36.

Dexmage all the way!

jonboy
08-16-2010, 04:09 AM
Dex Mage till 40 then you will turn to the paly side. :)

Chickdigcookies
08-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Dex Mage till 40 then you will turn to the paly side. :)

LIES!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

jonboy
08-16-2010, 05:41 PM
You want the truth, you can't handle the truth. :p

Yardsalez
08-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Come to the pally side! WE HAVE COOKIES!!!!!!!!!

Yardsalez
08-16-2010, 06:15 PM
I think im going back to pure mage haha