PDA

View Full Version : Mage's Gun

Achates
03-24-2021, 06:29 AM
Do anyone know what is the benefit of a gun? :D I am curious about gun since my mage always use a staff, and i started to use a gun then i found that gun has lower damage and dps from a staff. Does it has something good?

Greazemk
03-24-2021, 06:36 AM
Do anyone know what is the benefit of a gun? :D I am curious about gun since my mage always use a staff, and i started to use a gun then i found that gun has lower damage and dps from a staff. Does it has something good?

All I can think of is it's obviously a single target, though gun is very good for single target which means it can deal a higher amount of DoT or DMG to bosses.

And staff can deal a AoE damage to large amount of mobs.

In short Gun for bosses, to deal higher dmg to a single target, and Staff is the other way around.

Nexior
03-24-2021, 07:18 AM
Use both +hot bars , first step proc staff on boss then quick change for gun to make ridiculous dmg , or another way find dot skratch gun proc then quick swap for staff

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

evilmorty
03-24-2021, 08:39 AM

Gun on it's on is useless at higher levels. To really maximise the effectiveness, you'll need skratch staff, ebon armor, abyssal armor, warlock artifact, interred set 10-15% stat and 100%+ boss damage. That's the bare minimum, anything outside of that makes the skratch gun a paperweight at end game.

evilmorty
03-24-2021, 08:42 AM
All of the above items aren't 100% necessary, it helps. However i would recommend ebon armor to start and mire guard items with boss damage/int awakes.

Bluehazee
03-24-2021, 09:28 AM
Gun on it's on is useless at higher levels. To really maximise the effectiveness, you'll need skratch staff, ebon armor, abyssal armor, warlock artifact, interred set 10-15% stat and 100%+ boss damage. That's the bare minimum, anything outside of that makes the skratch gun a paperweight at end game.

Boss damage is overestimated on mage/warrior. You can have 200% boss dmg, doesn't matter if you dont trigger procs quick.

Personally i wouldn't recommend guns as main weapon from a pve perspective, its secondary (in combination with staffs or alone, depending on situation).

I forgot exact date but guns were buffed around cap46 (bad memory) and it deals x2 dmg on auto attack

Nexior
03-24-2021, 12:39 PM

Its trash talk , awakens didnt do as much like fast triggering and luck proc using both weapons ... more possible proc gears i just making more dmg , awakens is only for flex/lb orrick/hydra

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Achates
03-24-2021, 05:38 PM
Okay, thanks. I will buy a staff back