PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: The diamond in the rough?

Hurs
04-18-2010, 08:57 AM
Hello everyone, my name is Hurs, and today I am going to be talking about my opinion on the controversial topic involving the Warrior's viability as a class.

KEEP IN MIND, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ATTRIBUTES

So, as many of you started off your Pocket Legends journey, you probably were taken to the Character Creation screen. You laughed and giggled at the possibilities for each character, remarking on how awesome each of them was. Knowing most of you, you decided to go with the Archer at this point. But, if you decided to live on the edge... you probably went with the Enchantress. This leaves us with only one poor class left, the Warrior (AKA Da Bear-Bear).

You are now part of a select group of awesomesauce individuals that like to be different (assuming you chose Da Bear-Bear). Images of intense heroic acts being performed by your character flowed through your mind as you asked yourself questions such as "How I get past level 13?" (Ok, that was a cheap shot) and "What type of build do I want to use and which weapon will accompany it?" Unfortunately, as the levels went by, you realized that you really weren't all that great at damaging monsters. Sure, your Vengeance Slash worked fine on those level 1 zombies, but now that you are fighting knights, you just aren't up to par. Just as you are about to give up on your poor Bear-Bear, a 2-Handed weapon drops! And it is given to an Archer.

But that is not the point! The point is, is that as many people level up their Bear-Bear, they get discouraged to the point of leaving the class. I managed to stick it out to the end and I am really having fun with my Bear-Bear. Keep in mind that this is from the point of view of a tank that knows his job... to take damage. I have never used a 2H, and probably never will, but I highly recommend switching to sword/board for a little while to see if you enjoy the class more.

rangerlump
04-18-2010, 09:23 AM
I agree, I have the most fun with the tank even though he isnt flashy. My enchantress is stuck at 26 as I want to cap my Warrior first.

I would like to do more dmg to help with threat though. Or make "Taunt" force mobs on me for 6 seconds regardless of my low damage (instead of just glancing at me and back to original target).

Making "buffs" last longer (maybe 5-10min) would make it less painful too. Having to constantly go into sub-menus to reapply AC and Crit buffs is alittle annoying, but im sure other classes find the same with their buffs.

Xanthia
04-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Ok, coming from a purist elitist Healer. I love tank's who love and enjoy their role. Please stay a tank and don't ever use a 2-H :)

Hurs
04-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Haha, will do. By the way, I realized early on that Taunt really isn't that great. It works for the lower levels, but as the DPS gets increased, Taunt seems to fail more and more. I run with Beckon and it allows me to pull everything off of the DPS and healer. Oh yes, and I agree that the self-buffs should last longer ;P

Splurd
04-18-2010, 11:18 AM
The problem with 2-H swords is...

They just look so awesome.

Deathshock
04-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Bears are ****ing awesome. End of story.

Azrael
04-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Bears are ****ing awesome. End of story.

Rofl... you should check out the legends guild forums... you seem like the right sort.

Deathshock
04-18-2010, 11:51 PM
Rofl... you should check out the legends guild forums... you seem like the right sort.

Haha I'm not joining any guild till guilds officially come out in the game, sorry