PDA

View Full Version : Just had a clever idea...

Zamu
04-26-2012, 07:31 AM
I know there is the speed boosts from elixirs. But has anyone ever thought about speed being determined by armour and/or items being worn?

Such as bears being slightly slower due to heavy armour and weapon/shields, or those who uses dual swords and light looking weapons being able to run slightly faster. I just thought this could make a slight twist on the gameplay.

Maybe the weapons could be sorted like this:

Fastest -> Slowest

Dagger-> Talon -> Bow -> Crossbow

Staff-> Wand (I know staffs are heavier but wands are already more popular and better advantaged than staffs)

Sword -> Axe -> 2H Sword and Axe -> Hammer

What do you think?

phrosts
04-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Good idea.

Corpser
04-26-2012, 07:51 AM
great another way to makes bears more useless (jk bears are not useless but need to be at front to tank damage)

bears will be booted cause there to slow and everyone else will just run away until the bear eventually gets so far behind he doesn't get any xp :(

i like the dual weapons running faster idea i like that a lot

KingFu
04-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Bears need to tank. Them falling behind making it harder for tanking and CC wouldn't be too great IMO. Also, that'd influence what people wear when they're playing. For example, a bird with dual swords is much less useful than one with, say, a crossbow. However more birds will use the dual swords because of their increase in speed. Overall, slowing the party down.

Riccits
04-26-2012, 09:37 AM
it would need a new skill, wich activated speeds u up for some second, using before pulling mobs. thers time for new skills anyway...

captaintuttle
04-26-2012, 09:58 AM
How very Advanced Dungeons and Dragons.... Encumbrance was always a huge part of RPG's, computer-based and otherwise, because it represents a reality. A dude in 200 lbs of plate armor simply won't be able to run as fast as the one wearing the silk shirt. Considering we are referring to talking bears and birds though, we can probably throw that notion of "reality" out the window. haha!!

Sky../
04-26-2012, 10:29 AM
That's where the idea of "minimum required strength to wear" comes to play.

Zamu
04-26-2012, 10:47 AM
How very Advanced Dungeons and Dragons.... Encumbrance was always a huge part of RPG's, computer-based and otherwise, because it represents a reality. A dude in 200 lbs of plate armor simply won't be able to run as fast as the one wearing the silk shirt. Considering we are referring to talking bears and birds though, we can probably throw that notion of "reality" out the window. haha!!

I never played Dungeons and Dragons, i just completely thought of it myself when i was helping someone in ao3 and felt like running with my dual fangs :P

Elyseon
04-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Well if were getting all literal, why does heavy plate armour only provide the same armour stat as a thin mages robe?
Or a plate helm provide the same armour stat as a mages cloth hood?
Or a heavy buckler shield provide the same armour as a little bracer on a mages wrist?
Or a heavy sword provide the same armour as a wand?
o_O
(This is based on crafted orlok and crafted lilith)

Zamu
04-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Well if were getting all literal, why does heavy plate armour only provide the same armour stat as a thin mages robe?
Or a heavy buckler shield provide the same armour as a little bracer on a mages wrist?
o_O

I wasnt impressed with those stats either haha, although you do get a good armour bonus when you complete the orlok set. Still pretty wrong though.

Elyseon
04-26-2012, 03:52 PM
o_O

I wasnt impressed with those stats either haha, although you do get a good armour bonus when you complete the orlok set. Still pretty wrong though.
Ikr before 55 cap dex gear had more armour per item than int, which makes sense (leather is tougher than cloth)