PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Item Packs

Flippys
04-26-2012, 11:54 AM
The mechanic's for dropping the legendary named item needs to be addressed. There should be no reason to not have received the named item by the 5th try. My suggestion for being able to achieve this would be adding a bonus on subsequent purchases. So the first purchase would retain the normal mechanics/chances as you have currently in place. The second purchase would add a 25% bonus to your chances, the third 50%, fourth 75%, and the fifth would be 100% chance of dropping the named legendary weapon.

I can see this as only increasing platinum revenue. As there are many players out there that will not buy these item packs due to the uncertainty of not receiving anything. Theoretically one could never receive the named item under the current mechanics. Which is why many people will not purchase these items. I believe most people would find it acceptable to try 3-5 times to receive the named item. And hearing how some people have tried 15 or more times without receiving the named item only fuels their fires to keep a firm grip on their platinum.

Rare
04-26-2012, 12:34 PM
I can see this as only increasing platinum revenue. As there are many players out there that will not buy these item packs due to the uncertainty of not receiving anything.

Very true

Deathpunch
04-27-2012, 04:59 AM
Of course it's to increase revenue. Why else would a business be in business? STS is, like every other company out there, out to make money. They have to or there'd be no business. It just happens that their business is making video games. The beauty of it is that plat, and all the things you can buy with it, are not necessary to play the game. If you feel the drop rates for the boxes are too low, put your plat in your pocket and save it. No skin off of STS's back. They've already made their money when they sold you the plat.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Rare
04-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Of course it's to increase revenue. Why else would a business be in business? STS is, like every other company out there, out to make money. They have to or there'd be no business. It just happens that their business is making video games. The beauty of it is that plat, and all the things you can buy with it, are not necessary to play the game. If you feel the drop rates for the boxes are too low, put your plat in your pocket and save it. No skin off of STS's back. They've already made their money when they sold you the plat.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

That's partially true. Though, if people don't spend the plat they won't buy more. The way they will make money is to get people to keep buying it. With that said, I think Flippy's OP made a great point.

As always the key to any business where sales are involved is to strike the perfect balance between what they are charging and what customers are willing to pay.

bronislav84
04-27-2012, 12:08 PM
It's true. After hearing how people try and fail so many times I'm discouraged from trying. If I knew I would get it by the fifth try I would go for it.

BTW just so you guys know, STS gets their money up front. You may have just bought 500 plat and only spent 250 of it, but STS already got paid for all 500. But still having plat discourages people from buying more plat.