PDA

View Full Version : Where did you guys get your character names?

KingFu
08-13-2010, 01:11 PM
I was just wondering where you guys got your character names for some inspiration for my new one ;)

Mysticaldream - Mystical was taken, along with Mystic, and IDK I just picked another random word, I think I got the word "dream" from over hearing it on TV.

Hotpocketleg - It was a joke with my friends, one of them said they were eating a hotpocket and my friend just randomly said "lol, hot pocket legends" and hotpocketlegend was too long to I shortened it, so I kinda made it for a joke.

Kingfu - Back when a ton of people had characters with "Kungfu" in them, my friend (Hobodude) just thought of it, and said it would be a cool name. So I just named him that without even thinking I would level him.

Puretanker - Self-explanatory, I couldn't think of a good name at the time, and I really wanted an Ursan tank, so I picked the name "puretank" which was taken (I believe he is inactive) so I went with "puretanker"

So how'd you guys think of your names? :D

King Kamehameha
08-13-2010, 01:25 PM
I made Silvercreed up dunno how

Rexkamehameha was originally kingkamehameha after my fav move by my fav guy in dbz but Rex means king and I could only fit that in

Teamfourstar was a tribute to my fav YouTube channel cos of their funny series

Plasmapulse came along when I was thinking about plasma swords and I added pulse cos it sounded cool

More guys may follow but that's it for now lol

Chickdigcookies
08-13-2010, 01:29 PM
when i started playing wow i made a Night Elf Hunter, so begin mexican i named him nightbeaner...lasted like 2 years then i was reported and was asked to change my name. i didnt know what to put cause i was so mad at the fact that they made me change it so late into the game. so once again beign mexican i decided to name him frijoles, which is beans in spanish.

i then made a priest and named him holybeans. and it stuck.

now i have,

holybean
holybeans
holyfrijoles

even thou they have nothing holy about it, its a catchy name so i liked it.

Snakespeare
08-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Snakespeare - chop the ascender (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascender_(typography)) off of "Shakespeare", of course, and it sounds like an artifact from D&D.

Snakesbear - a twist on Snakespeare. ("Shakesbeer" was taken.)

Corelli - a singer I enjoy, first name Franco (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco_Corelli). Why did I name a tank after an opera singer? He was unbelieveable. He would "tank up" and sing a note so long that he became something of a legend. And he loved it. Once he jumped up and sang two notes, and the opera house in La Scala went mad for about five minutes, demanding that he do it again! He was a bear, as they say, because he was so strong. So, odd, but it works for me.

Nilsia - IDK, sounds like an elf chic, I guess. Nothing special there. Or Icelandic, like Björk Guðmundsdóttir, but more elven. And Björk believes in elves, I guess... It just seems to work for me. (((LOL! turned out to be Finnish!)))

kavanah
08-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Kavanah means in Jewish terms the "presence of God" in a more than "distant" type of way. It's the imminent presence as if He is actually in the room with you. The funny looking hats Jewish people wear called "yarmulkas" symbolize Kavanah. So next time you see one... remember what a powerful meaning it has behind it!

Obamanation was a poor choice of names as it had political meaning behind it, and I won't go into it, I didn't think I would be leveling this guy and I've asked dev's to change it but they didn't have a problem with. It's a play on words of "abomanation".

I really wanted the name Judah which in Hebrew means "praise". I love that name!

DawnInfinity
08-13-2010, 02:04 PM
I picked "DawnInfinity" because my favorite time of day is Dawn. Haha.

Yardsalez
08-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Um Yardsalez because it was my bank alt in world of warcraft haha
Cosmoz because it is the name of my new phone D:

mAdvillain
08-13-2010, 03:05 PM
I got mine from MF DOOM, THE best hip hop artist to date that refuses to sign major labels because he does his music his own way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewc1hixzYPY <===== an awesome song from his collaboration cd titled Madvillainy under the name mAdvillain with producer mAdLib,
DOOM got his rapper persona inspiration from Dr. Doom from the fantastic 4
his hop is definitive!
he also goes by

Purearch
08-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Purearch- I got this from an older game runescape.... Played that game forever just because of the old way pvp was with losing everything when u pvp and had an arch named purearch.

Rarefew
08-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Rarefew CUZ I AM RARE

Nostero
08-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Nostero cuz...... well.... Uhmmm yeah no reason... Abrahamlinkin cuz my name is Lincoln and abrahamlincoln is to long so, abrahamlinkin

Demonicdevyn
09-11-2010, 05:43 PM
bumpin thread but i forget my original name tht i had for a long time
demoindevyn tho was made cuz my middle name is devyn and cuznt think of something to go well with it then i found myself typing demonic but im at the point were i wanna change it so anyone have ideas they can put down

Jespo
09-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Since it was bumped might as well add to it :p

Jespo cause its my name put together Jesus Crespo :D

Raxie
09-11-2010, 05:59 PM
wow your name is really jesus?

Haikus
09-11-2010, 06:03 PM
haha but its sounded as hay-suse but u probably already know that:)...i picked haikus cuz haiku was taking;)

KingFu
09-11-2010, 06:15 PM
haha but its sounded as hay-suse but u probably already know that:)...i picked haikus cuz haiku was taking;)

Is your name pronounced hai-coos or hai-cuss? I pronounce it hai-cuss, hehe, :p

Haikus
09-11-2010, 06:17 PM
hai-coos;) but u can pronounce it as u want cuz i only use it in game:D anddddd i cant actually hear u:p and tbh irdc:)

KingFu
09-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Lol, I just have been wondering that for a few days. I like pronouncing it hai-cuss lol

vulgarstrike
09-11-2010, 06:28 PM
I got my name because in my pc games I would be very plain and up front with my opinions. thus, vulgar was born. unfortunately, vulgar was already taken in game, so I added a prefix strike because it sounded bird like like my character. that's about it. if I could I would change my forums and games name to simply vulgar

Kingofhurtz
09-11-2010, 07:27 PM
KiNgOfHuRtZ-Hmm kingofhurtz was kinda a play on king of hearts. Now that I look back tho I would rather have done kingofhertz (still pronounced hurts as in megahertz)

IlLtRaNsFoRmU-illtransformu came from the Chris Brown song I Can Transform You (feat. Lil Wayne). I thought It went great with a paladin cuz it's a Mage that transformed itself lol. Hard to put into words...

NoReStFoReViL- my ursan Mage which I named NoRestForEvil, is also the name of a song (Actually No Rest For the Wicked) by Cage the Elephant. GREAT SONG!

WiCkEdTwInKeR-my newest character, a twink, is named WickedTwinker. It's a play on words with the new Mage shields (wicked winkers) and the word Twinks.

BoWzO- umm basically just a lvl 1 archer I will never use. It's a play on words with the name Bozo the Clown and the word bow (since he's an archer).

That's about all =D I obviously love puns

Raxie
09-11-2010, 07:47 PM
why do you always capitalize the every second letter? is that like your trademark or something?
i came up with Goxu because in korean language, gosu (고수) means pro and gosu was taken so changed the s into an x. for Raxie, i was try to make a name rhyming with sexy. Raxie was the best name i could think of.

Sixxsixsix
09-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Flexbuffchest: I got this name from an episode of That 70's Show
Sixxsixsix: Satan!!!!! Bwahahaha.
Antimother: from the band Norma Jean
:)

Vyvin
09-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Rune scape look for Sir vyvin in the white knights castle (surviving)

PvpLegend
09-11-2010, 08:04 PM
xhell cuz im excellent and pvplegend cuz i zown at pvp ;) (jkjk)

Tore
09-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Likeitsme-well i was on the phone with my friend and their phone died and they called back and i dont have caller id so i was like hello who is this and they said like its me. Mynameiswtf-me and my friends thing Fluffukoala-another friend thing Vincitore-it means winner in italian

Furrawn
09-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Furrawn- one of my favorite words. It's Welsh noun that means "talk that leads to intimacy." those talks where you are closer friends afterwards... That's furrawn....

ScarlettOHara- I'm a Southerner... It's a wonderful book... So... :)

Butterflypoet- I'm a writer and poet... And I love butterflies... I was just idly putting words together and this one happened.

JeanneDArc (French for Joan of Arc)- I have always loved Joan of Arc. She's fascinating. This simple girl who heard the voice of God and turned the tide of a war. I made a pilgrimage to Rouen when I was 25...

TheSnowQueen- my favorite fairy tale.

Henbane- my strength chicken. I wanted Belladonna for two reasons. Belladonna is another name for deadly nightshade. Also, Belladonna Took was a relative with fairy blood of Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit. She was said to have given him a touch of "tookishness" that made him adventurous- unlike most hobbits. Belladonna was taken. Henbane is a plant also in the nightshade family. Once I found it, I realized that it was an awesome name for a str bird:)

TrickOrTreat- I love Halloween.

ChristmasTree- I love Christmas. For the deep abiding reasons. And for the light playful reasons. Christmas trees with lights make my heart smile. I thought it would be fun to have a seasonal character.

Wordsworth- a pure bear that I haven't played at all... Wordsworth is my favorite romantic poets so I wanted to save the name.

SunMoonWalrus- my friends have moon walrus names. I chose "sun" to put in front of moonwalrus because it's the opposite of "moon" :)

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Lightninglord - I love lightning storms and I want to have the ability to shoot someone with lightning.

~~~ALL MY CHARACTERS WITH "TANKLOLOL" IN IT~~~ - Meh, I chose that because I was bored :).

cry
09-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Crystalize - I like meth what else can I say, no but I had this on another game I was playing at the time so I transfered it. Came out of no where =)
Crystali
Crystalii
Crystaliii
- You can guess why.

Violentsaint
09-11-2010, 09:43 PM
i swear theres been a thread like this before....

violentsaint because i searched my ipod for song names so i could come up with a cool gamertag on xbox live... found a song on my ipod called violent saint by ill nino.

V10L3NT SA1NT has been my xbl gamertag for over 4 years.

i decided to name myself violentsaint in pocket legends for that reason :)

Haikus
09-11-2010, 10:08 PM
you probably saw this one and thought this one is new...but its actually just about a month old.....O.o

Kingofhurtz
09-11-2010, 10:33 PM
why do you always capitalize the every second letter? is that like your trademark or something?
i came up with Goxu because in korean language, gosu (고수) means pro and gosu was taken so changed the s into an x. for Raxie, i was try to make a name rhyming with sexy. Raxie was the best name i could think of.

Yes it is my trademark

RedRyder
09-12-2010, 12:30 AM
RedRyder was part of my xbox live id (red ryder1482). Its pretty much my ign for anygame i play, that or a variation of it.
Surfingalien- im a guitarist and one of my favorite artists is joe satriani. He has an iconic song called surfing with the alien. He has a signiture fender and ibanez guitar with a 3d detailed silver surfer on it. Im a huge marvel fan and dream of working for them, so surfingalien pays homage to joe satch, and the silver surfer

deathish
09-12-2010, 03:09 AM
Xom - cus it rhymes with ur mom.

Raxie
09-12-2010, 03:22 AM
i say mum instead of mom so for some people it won't rhyme.

giayuan
09-12-2010, 08:35 AM
wow ty for thread! a time to clear up my name haha
ive gotten many comments- ooo i like cereal or why cereal?, etc
i never bothered to explain
i was watchin a movie and the main charac was dodgin a serialkiller
so i thought hmmmm and thats wen cereal popped up lol

Livemau
01-31-2012, 07:18 PM
Livemau is came from the techno artist deadmau5 I cant put numbers in so I left it out. I have grown quite fond of my name. This is the first place I used the name but now I use it for lots of things.

Swords
01-31-2012, 08:17 PM
"swords" i take out my sword of justice and kill everyone evil in sight ( graphic violence not included) itank with meh sword

Jugernugett
01-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Jugernuget- my brothers first character when he got game was jacknuggeteer. I wanted something similar when I got the app and he just blurted out JUGGERNUGGETEER! I tried but was too long name-.- then I think I tried jugernugeteer but that was taken. So I tried juggernugget but still, up until today it is still taken and I've yet to seen this guy>.< I'd like to though. So I just shortened it even more to jugernuget. Why is my forum name jugernuget wants back? Can't answer. Hint: at one point, I wanted back lol.. That's my story:) I'd go through all my characters but I don't write that much<.< :cool:

Gaddy
01-31-2012, 08:50 PM
"Gimboid" is an all-purpose insult used by the characters on the BBC sci-fi comedy "RED DWARF".

I wanted to use "Smeghead", but STS had that one blocked for some reason :stupid:

Ihavenokills
01-31-2012, 08:51 PM
...well, my name is pretty much self explanatory lol...

Appleisaac
01-31-2012, 09:36 PM
appleisaac-its my ign for everything :D (xbox live, gamecenter, toucharcade (when i was obsessed w/ that), and pocket legends) i came up with it because i was tired of my former username, isaac(with as many 0's as i could fit) so i looked at the back of my cpu and saw a glowing apple... yeah thts pretty much it...

mrapplebear- applebear was taken -__-

o yeah and i dont actually use appleisaac so dont add him if you know me ;)

JTZ
01-31-2012, 09:41 PM
I just make something up and add my initials to the end.

csb
01-31-2012, 09:43 PM
get a baby name book

Sryyoulose
01-31-2012, 10:05 PM
Purearch- I got this from an older game runescape.... Played that game forever just because of the old way pvp was with losing everything when u pvp and had an arch named purearch.

Rs! Good game good game... Almost .00000009 as good as PL! Wow close!!!!!! Most are like 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000001000000000000.... You get the point!

Ihavenokills
01-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Rs! Good game good game... Almost .00000009 as good as PL! Wow close!!!!!! Most are like 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000001000000000000.... You get the point!

haha wow...i havnt played that game in foreverrrrr O____o

Zamu
02-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Zamu was a completely new word i made up when i was making my 2nd account on Runescape after my first got hacked and stolen. I called it Master Zamu, i wanted to have Master in it, and Zamu sounded cool with it :)

Deekstar is the trademark name which belongs to my mate, he does website designing, music and runs businesses. Hes only 19! :)

Buffedbear Pl
02-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Buffedbear - I raged over this name... Lol. Get it? :D

Powrstriker - I was going for powerstriker but it was taken sooo, close enough.

Buffedbird - I was really focused making up this name.

Powrursan - Just a spin-off of Powrstriker

Porkstewirr - Anagram for Powrstriker, clever huh?

Eh...like 6 more twinks won't bother to name them all...

saool
02-01-2012, 08:37 PM
My irl name is Saul so I switched the "U" with Oo...
And my alts are:
SaoolIscariot- Iscariot was Judas' last name
SaoolKrueger- Nightmare on Elm Street
SaoolCrowley- Infamous occultist
SaoolNorris- Chuck Norris approved lol

:D

Fuzzywig
02-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Believe it or not, my inspiration for Fuzzywig actually came from the story A Christmas Carol, not Ronald McDonald. I saw a play for it and there was an epic dude named Fezziwig in the play that really made me laugh. So for originality, I changed "e" to "u."

FYI if you find a fuzzywig on pl it's not me because I only play sl

elrond
02-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Well, I just used my real name (Elrond) and added my last initial (W) because my name was already taken.

Elyseon
02-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Well Elyseon is a random name i made up for another online game, turns out however that it is the name of a sword in some old game as well as the name of a foreign real estate business.

As for my other character, its pure randomness. Several with the prefix ely in them but many that dont, newest one is named trollology, no clue how i thought of it

Suentous PO
02-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Suentous Po is a character from the graph nov. Cerebus. I have always used this name in games. Po became enlightened & realized he had nearly conquered the world several times, & learned power was meaningless, then decided to do nothing but play chess (like another hero of mine Duchamp).
Shortened it became Sue so most Alts are sue in some way or another.

bucbeak
02-03-2012, 05:57 AM
my name as most of you might know is from harry potter. The gaint winged horse. I wanted my second character to be a bird and the first thing that came to me is buckbeak but that is taken so misspelled it to bucbeak.

XghostzX
02-03-2012, 07:54 AM
CosmicXghost and xghostzx came after a night I was with friends and we just watched paranormal activity... it sucked though. But, i thought of ghost and made it.

fuzzylazer
02-20-2012, 01:32 AM
I got my name from my head. Big brains lol. O.o

nazgulking
02-20-2012, 01:43 AM
Lord of the rings :)

Mageprodigy
02-20-2012, 01:58 AM
Posted 2010...
But Daan is my name that's why :P

TheChairmaker
02-20-2012, 02:09 AM
Sort of stole Zakalwe from Iain M. Banks' Culture books. The Chairmaker is Zakalwe's nickname, because he makes a chair out of his sister's skeleton in a war and sends it to his brother, the other side's commander, to make him go mad so Zakalwe can win the war.

Swampy
02-20-2012, 02:11 AM
Forum name came from my favorite campaign, THE SWAMPS FTW. Earlyriser I made cause I get up horribly early... Dangdeath I made cause Earlyriser died...DANG