PDA

View Full Version : Item values

Alakazama
08-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Hey all, whats up? I am just getting to the point where I am looting good items. I have a few pinks and many purples etc... I have a hard time figuring out what to sell these for, and what are decient prices for things I buy from other players. Is there any help someone can give me? Maybe some general guidelines or something? -Alakazama lvl 33 Mage.

KingFu
08-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Well you will learn along the way. Items from Skeller aren't worth much at all. Swamp items are worth a nice price, especially Zombie and Voodoo, pinks aren't worth much unless they have very low drop rates (like lower level purples occasionally, and plasma swords) as for AO1 and 2, 1 items aren't easy to sell, most items people are buying now are some swamp pinks, AO2 rares (like thoth, plasma swords, khopeshs of thoth/horus/isis/osiris, isis items, thoth items, alien blasters dark matter staffs, level 45 pink wands) as for the price range, I would just come to the forums asking for a good price for the items. Make a list of items you think might have a nice value, and with more than 1 answer, you will have honest answers other than people saying "Well, it isn't very rare, I will give you 10K for it" when it is worth much more.

Snakespeare
08-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Really, it's laissez-faire capitalism. It's based on supply and demand. Any estimated price sheet would be incorrect. An item is worth as much as you can get for it. I know that is a cryptic answer, but it is true. Last week, nobody would pay 50,000 for a level 19 pink weapon, this week it isn't unusual. There is a competition between level 19 players. They want pink items. It's about supply and demand. You have to gauge the tenor of the game at any point. I was in a location and a pink dropped and someone offered me 40K on the spot. I took it. But if you want to know what sort of ballpark figure you can try for, search for the name of the item in the search box at the top of the page. It's like house or apartment hunting. You have to do a lot of your own research.

Nobody would ever make a price sheet, anyway, because then they would be locked into those prices, and what most people want is the most they can get. So a price sheet isn't going to happen. If you want to be an entrepreneur, you have to be proactive.

Dharken
08-17-2010, 04:17 AM
How rare are these pinks I keep hearing about? I mean can you play like 3 days without seeing one drop or something?

Because you would think with all these hundreds of players running around all day, we would have loads more pinks than the playerbase needs ... I mean, they don't get liquidated do they? So ... I guess when the game stops growing, the prices will suddenly drop to next-to-nothing?

BeardedBear
08-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Right now it seems young pinks are hot, wait, did that come out right?

Anyway, like Snake said, the twink craze is helping with lower lvl pinks fetching a higher price. I imagine with each tournament, we will see prices soar for that specific lvl.

tjornan
08-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Really, it's laissez-faire capitalism. It's based on supply and demand. Any estimated price sheet would be incorrect. An item is worth as much as you can get for it. I know that is a cryptic answer, but it is true. Last week, nobody would pay 50,000 for a level 19 pink weapon, this week it isn't unusual. There is a competition between level 19 players. They want pink items. It's about supply and demand. You have to gauge the tenor of the game at any point. I was in a location and a pink dropped and someone offered me 40K on the spot. I took it. But if you want to know what sort of ballpark figure you can try for, search for the name of the item in the search box at the top of the page. It's like house or apartment hunting. You have to do a lot of your own research.

Nobody would ever make a price sheet, anyway, because then they would be locked into those prices, and what most people want is the most they can get. So a price sheet isn't going to happen. If you want to be an entrepreneur, you have to be proactive.

I agree with that. Its also about seeing if you can stretch your buyer to the max without breaking them. For instance, alot of merchants (including me) buy items cheap and sell them expensively. For instance, if you are buying, what i do is if im buying an item, but dont wanna pay super much for it, they name their price, ie 350k for a thoth plasma, you say "dang all i hve is this' AND PUT IN AN EXACT AMOUNT! or else they know what your doing. so say "all i have is this" and put in like 31246. then they say "oh i guess that works.: trust me it works every time

Dharken
08-17-2010, 09:58 PM
I agree with that. Its also about seeing if you can stretch your buyer to the max without breaking them. For instance, alot of merchants (including me) buy items cheap and sell them expensively. For instance, if you are buying, what i do is if im buying an item, but dont wanna pay super much for it, they name their price, ie 350k for a thoth plasma, you say "dang all i hve is this' AND PUT IN AN EXACT AMOUNT! or else they know what your doing. so say "all i have is this" and put in like 31246. then they say "oh i guess that works.: trust me it works every time

Provided none of them come and read your post here .... :)

giayuan
08-21-2010, 10:56 PM
lol thats funny
have i bought any of ur stuff tjornan?