PDA

View Full Version : Push notifications still enabled after being disabled

bronislav84
04-26-2012, 06:19 PM
I recently cleared data on DL because the data was getting to be over a meg for just local saved game settings. I disabled push notifications when starting the game, disabled in options, and today my phone notified me about new stuff in DL. I went and checked and it isn't enabled.

So what's going on?

My Touch 4G, Android 2.3.4.

Samhayne
04-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks much for the head's up on the Push Note. It was not our intent to send to those devices that had notifications disabled. Our apologies for the issue that led to it doing that. We are taking a look into it with the full intent to make it function as it should.

bronislav84
04-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Thank you Sam! :)

bronislav84
05-04-2012, 03:32 PM
An update: Just happened with the new 1.0 client, and I double checked that messages from STS was unchecked. This time it was about new loot, which was the recent stats update to drops.

Bpog
05-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Hey Bronislav84, there was a bug that was recently fixed for push notes, but you may still be affected by it. Go to your options and go to push notifications. Checkmark each notification on and off so that it refreshes. If this does not fix the problem please report back to us. Thanks!

bronislav84
05-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Ok thank you sir. I will do that and report if I still get messages.

Deathpunch
05-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Hey Bronislav84, there was a bug that was recently fixed for push notes, but you may still be affected by it. Go to your options and go to push notifications. Checkmark each notification on and off so that it refreshes. If this does not fix the problem please report back to us. Thanks!

I did this, they are currently off, and I just got a push notification.

-----
Sent from my ICS-powered HTC Evo 3D

HunterSLAYER
05-12-2012, 04:49 AM
Same here.

Deathpunch
05-12-2012, 03:53 PM

Ah, it seems you have to do this with each toon. Once I did, I haven't received a push notification yet.

-----
Sent from my ICS-powered HTC Evo 3D

bronislav84
05-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Still got the push notification about something new (Forgot what) yesterday with the recent client. I know I had toggled it on then off again previously.

Cleared out my App Data and re-did everything on then off again. This better be the end of "ad" notifications. Please?

bronislav84
05-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Got another one just now. I KNOW I have push notifications from STS disabled. Still getting them. Please, can this be fixed?

Trebouchet
05-26-2012, 04:42 PM
I have push enabled on my phone but disabled on my kindle fire since it's... not a phone. I keep getting new apk's downloaded on my kindle. Are these push notifications that can't display or something else? The apk's say it they are installing a new version but go very quickly. Perhaps this device is automatically updating because I downloaded straight from sts as opposed to through the google app store like on my phone?

I will try disabling push on my phone as well and will report back.

OK... it's the next day and I just discovered "darklegends-11.apk" (or was there a space between the words?) downloading on my kindle fire. I am not sure what is going on. I turned off my pushes on this game for both devices that I play on... maybe I need to check settings on chrome as well? Should I turn off pushes on other sts games? If this is not a push notification gone bad what is it? No matter what it is... it doesn't autoinstall after autodownloading. Should I uninstall and start over?

Another update... I uninstalled and the apk pushed to my kindle fire again. I ran it and it is indeed the installation program. I guess I am in the wrong thread!

bronislav84
05-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Wrong thread I think.

Anyway just got a plat sale notification, and I have them off I swear. Can somebody please fix this finally?

bronislav84
06-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Same old, same old. Will this ever be fixed? DL just started itself up and push notified me about the new update (late I might add since I've been playing it already). Also the energy and job complete notifications seem to be broken again. I don't have checks on them and if I don't kill DL manually it stays in memory and still notifies me about these things.

HunterSLAYER
06-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Same old, same old. Will this ever be fixed? DL just started itself up and push notified me about the new update (late I might add since I've been playing it already). Also the energy and job complete notifications seem to be broken again. I don't have checks on them and if I don't kill DL manually it stays in memory and still notifies me about these things.

Set ur Task killer to autokill every 10-30 mins? Problem solved.
Yes, i must agree that DL would run in the background if not killed by system after exiting the app.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Jblazer
06-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Set ur Task killer to autokill every 10-30 mins? Problem solved.
Yes, i must agree that DL would run in the background if not killed by system after exiting the app.

I would agree with that

bronislav84
07-01-2012, 10:32 AM
I have it set to kill every minute. It cannot kill DL. DL is now one of those kinds of tasks that are only "killed" and go into background. Needs to be closed manually for me.

The forced STS notifications have been broken for MONTHS, forcing it on us. Now it forces all others and stays in background unless closed manually. This is now worse.

HunterSLAYER
07-02-2012, 01:31 AM
I have it set to kill every minute. It cannot kill DL. DL is now one of those kinds of tasks that are only "killed" and go into background. Needs to be closed manually for me.

The forced STS notifications have been broken for MONTHS, forcing it on us. Now it forces all others and stays in background unless closed manually. This is now worse.

If your task killer can't kill it(idk why yours can't when mine works lol) the only way to properly kill it PERMANENTLY till next app launch is to go to Menu button>Settings>Applications>Running services>Menu button-Cached background processes>Tap on Dark legends>Tap STOP for at least two times.

This should "Force close" the app instantly, ensuring it would not run in the background till the next time DL is launched

bronislav84
07-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks for that, but I know. I have to do this each time I finish playing.

Oh, and they FORCE DL to start up whenever a STS notification is sent out, and I have them all disabled.

Already sent a support request about this. Hope it gets fixed.

bronislav84
07-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Gotten two new ones, latest today. Any news on this being fixed yet?

Deathpunch
07-29-2012, 07:53 AM
The only answer I got for this was to use jelly bean. But that only works on my Nexus 7, not on my Evo 3D. You can block individual apps from pushing notifications. But I don't think that would be an option for you anytime soon.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

bronislav84
07-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Naturally. My phone isn't cleared for Ice as far as I know, so I might as well forget Jelly until I get a new phone or tablet. Unless a new and better one is made, I'm looking at Galaxy S3. Upgrade is in September.

Thanks though, for letting us know there will be an in-OS option for this.

The broken STS notification is also making the app un-killable by my task killer, since it's always forced to on. It says the app is killed but checking in App Management settings says otherwise.

When will the STS notification be fixed Devs?

bronislav84
08-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Yup this is still happening. Will it ever be fixed? Might be time for another support ticket.

Deathpunch
08-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Yup this is still happening. Will it ever be fixed? Might be time for another support ticket.

Lol, I seriously think you're barking at the moon. I don't think they will ever fix it for you.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

bronislav84
08-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Fix it for me? You say that like I'm the only one.

If it's happening to me I'm sure it's happening to others. It can't be limited to happening on only one phone. Just not statistically possible. People just don't care and I'm just the only one that does prolly.

DL client is flat out broken. Only STS game it's happening with.

I wouldn't even care if this was the only problem. The broken push notifications causing the game to be un-killable is the issue I really hate most of all.

Deathpunch
08-11-2012, 09:41 PM
They are more concerned with pushing more stuff out, not fixing or updating the crap they have out now. That's what I mean.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

bronislav84
08-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Oh I agree, and it's sad. This is a really annoying bug for me. I really dislike games that have to be forced closed manually.

Deathpunch
08-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Agreed. Part of the reason why I don't play DL anymore.

-----
NOTE TO READER: The above post should most likely be read in a sarcastic tone.

bronislav84
08-17-2012, 09:48 PM
New one today about the xp weekend. I had hoped it was fixed so I toggled all the notifications on then off again previously but today's notification popping up since then confirms it ain't fixed yet.

bronislav84
09-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Just got another one. They're completely broken.

All the bugs with push notifications:
1. They make the task un-killable by task killer. Have to kill manually.
2. They work even when disabled.
3. They show up late.

bronislav84
09-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Still broken. Got one at 1:28am which woke me up. This is really bothersome!