PDA

View Full Version : Reminder - the Spacetime Forums are 13+ Please no vulgar language, thanks!

Samhayne
04-26-2012, 06:30 PM
As a reminder, the Spacetime Studios forums have a unified rule set that does not allow vulgarities. While you can swear in-game in Dark Legends, you may not do so on the forums.

Here are the Forum Rules:http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

Thanks for keeping the discussion on the forums clean and friendly!

OvigorothO
04-26-2012, 06:31 PM
first

Kaytar
04-26-2012, 06:43 PM
double posting a thread is very effective in getting the message out.Samhayne probably posted in Pocket Legends and Star Legends forums. Devs do that sometimes so everyone sees it because some people just check one or the other. :)

Swords
04-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Rules accepted :D

Blaquehaaart
04-27-2012, 03:39 AM
Wait we can swear and be vulgar in game?

Can I open chat cyber?

....and if so would any one out there like to open chat cyber?

Legendslayers
04-27-2012, 03:56 AM
Thanks for the reminder Sam!

Lady_Pebbles
04-27-2012, 04:36 AM
Basic common sense etiquette rules:

1. Cybering is not the equivalent of swearing.
2. Swearing at someone perfusely while angry is not ok.
3. Just cuz you can swear in game doesn't mean you go running around in a game asking to cyber random players & swearing at them for no reason.

and my favorite..

4. The ignore button is your best friend. Use it.

XD

RedRyder
04-27-2012, 07:08 AM
double posting a thread is very effective in getting the message out.

You can't really be serious..

undertheradar
04-27-2012, 07:13 AM
double posting a thread is very effective in getting the message out.

I know for a fact that you're not 13. Message was sent to samhayne.

Elyseon
04-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Actually met some guy in PL(during an ffa match) and he said 'wait guys im only 11'
I told him u had to be atleast 13 and he was just like 'no, i didnt say that when i signed up'

OvigorothO
04-27-2012, 07:51 AM
I know for a fact that you're not 13. Message was sent to samhayne.

I'm not 13 I'm 18. so you're right I'm not 13

Mitchturbo
04-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Wait wait wait lol. Age limits are only there so Parents can't say anything against sts right? It doesn't matter imo what age aperson is, Its how mature they are. I know plenty of young players who happen to be more mature than I lol XD I'm 26 ^_^,

Elyseon
04-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Wait wait wait lol. Age limits are only there so Parents can't say anything against sts right? It doesn't matter imo what age aperson is, Its how mature they are. I know plenty of young players who happen to be more mature than I lol XD I'm 26 ^_^,
No the 13+ rule is based on a law

Blaquehaaart
04-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Basic common sense etiquette rules:

1. Cybering is not the equivalent of swearing.
2. Swearing at someone perfusely while angry is not ok.
3. Just cuz you can swear in game doesn't mean you go running around in a game asking to cyber random players & swearing at them for no reason.

and my favorite..

4. The ignore button is your best friend. Use it.

XD

Wait, so I can cyber and swear at the spectaters?

Oh man, that's awesome. I'm gonna cyber everyone in public areas and swear at people as they pass by.

Mitchturbo
04-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Lmao! Now that would be just rude bro ;-) Manners are everything. Always say please after lmfao!

Lady_Pebbles
04-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Thats not what I meant but I agree with Mitch... Lmao.

ArtStar
04-28-2012, 07:34 PM
wop wop wop wop wop, is that a bad word? It gets filtered x]

Swimmingstar
05-03-2012, 03:23 PM
wop wop wop wop wop, is that a bad word? It gets filtered x]

dictionary.reference.com/browse/wop?s=t

Rawrimafish
05-03-2012, 04:26 PM
first

ur second :P

BG_zorro
07-01-2012, 11:02 PM
I would like to know, while this topic is mainly in discussion regarding what language is appropriate in the forums, what exactly are the rules/regulations regarding language in the games? I know cussing is allowed, there's filters in the chat, and certain words regarding homosexuality can cause one to be muted. But, what about in regards to people making jokes about rape? I certainly don't feel that is appropriate and I don't like that not only do people get away with it, but they also find nothing wrong with it. For me, personally, it ruins the gaming experience. I've run into this problem mostly on Dark Legends. I've both asked those making such jokes to stop, and I've already reported a player. I'm offended further when one then tells me to "go somewhere else if you don't like it. It's freedom of speech." Freedom of speech should not entitle one to blatantly disrespect and subsequently trigger individuals with such jokes. There needs to be a better mandate about what is allowed to be said. If words such as the q-word and the short end of "homosexual" can mute a person upon being typed, so should the word "rape", as well as the other homosexual slurs, such as the one beginning with f, which does not get muted and has also been said quite frequently in a joking, yet disrespectful, manner. This is not about me just being too PC or too sensitive. Even online, I would like to know I am relatively safe and can enjoy what I am involved in. Disrespectful/offensive language that can trigger/make one feel unsafe should not be tolerated. So, I hope that Spacetime/Dark Legends authorities will deal with this problem, and make sure that such language is not tolerated. In fact, I would strongly suggest it.

csb
07-02-2012, 08:04 PM
In PL, my ignore list is huge. In DL, I scroll up the chat window so it is not visible. I never see what anyone is saying. This is actually because the chat obscures the fanged head that allows blood feeding. But, closing the chat window has the benefit of not having to see the nonsense that people type.