PDA

View Full Version : Just an idea. In game karma system

dingermtb
04-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Was just thinking that a karma system would be really cool. They have this type of system with Ultima Online, for your name. Say, start at peasant, all the way up to lord, and your title shows with your name. Maybe earn karma points by doing certain quests, like the Dailys. Just like lvling up, only you receive different titles as you lvl. Also, though, you can lose karma points by dying or abandoning quests and such. This way, you're always fighting to keep the Lord status once you reach it. Just an idea :)

Sent from my AlienFusion-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Noodleleg
04-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Helping noobs is good karma ;)

dingermtb
04-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Helping noobs is good karma ;)

Very true. Maybe add an option, up to a certain level, where a noob can give karma points to someone who helps them. In fact, that just might encourage even more people to help noobs. I know when i first started, i was completely lost until a few kind souls pointed me in the right direction :)

Zamu
04-27-2012, 09:45 PM
What about those who has reached cap? We cant lvl or take anymore quests so wouldnt that make it hard for us? :P

dingermtb
04-27-2012, 10:11 PM
What about those who has reached cap? We cant lvl or take anymore quests so wouldnt that make it hard for us? :P

Actually, it would give more play value. Lord status would be top level, but, by dying and such, you would lose karma points. If you lose enough points, you would drop down a title. It would separate from the actual lvl system. You could be capped at 66, but not get lord status. Suggesting a separate quest system, like how the dailys are. It would enhance the game for those who are already capped and did all the quests. Something to play for other than farming and such ;)

fuzzylazer
04-28-2012, 02:59 AM
Was just thinking that a karma system would be really cool. They have this type of system with Ultima Online, for your name. Say, start at peasant, all the way up to lord, and your title shows with your name. Maybe earn karma points by doing certain quests, like the Dailys. Just like lvling up, only you receive different titles as you lvl. Also, though, you can lose karma points by dying or abandoning quests and such. This way, you're always fighting to keep the Lord status once you reach it. Just an idea :)

Please tell me the first title is "Noob". Most of my twinks has done a maximum of 3 quests. Most of them have done 0. :)

Zenidal
04-28-2012, 04:50 AM
I like the idea, but it may cause the same problem as the rep system on forums; people would only help noobs to get karma points.

Gluttony
04-28-2012, 06:27 AM
Who cares why others help the noobs (fame, glory, to help launch a political career), the end justifies the means. As long as players become more educated, I could care less why [insert ign here] did what they did. If the finished product is a new player who has outgrown a set of training wheels and can now hold their own, then I'm happy that any player took the time to support them (even if they had their own agenda).

dingermtb
04-28-2012, 07:14 AM
I just think a system like this would be good for all levels and all classes, from noobs, all the way up to capped players. Maybe even with Lord status you could enter an elite dungeon or a vanity store with low prices where you can get special vanity items like a cloak or something.

Also, your title would only show on your avatar pic (like your guild does), until you reach Lord status, then it would show on the screen.

grenadiers
04-28-2012, 07:28 AM
I like the idea!

Drizzid
04-30-2012, 06:01 PM
I like the idea, and as a fellow UOer I could think of quite a few more Ultima inspired additions that would make this game a lot more enjoyable. Maybe champion spawns?

Swimmingstar
04-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Time to put up a fortune.

"It is very good karma to practice random acts of kindness."

Works with the AOK program too.

dingermtb
04-30-2012, 06:38 PM
I like the idea, and as a fellow UOer I could think of quite a few more Ultima inspired additions that would make this game a lot more enjoyable. Maybe champion spawns?

Champion Spawns would be awesome. Power Scrolls for skill points and stats to take it above cap by a point or two.

Drizzid
04-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Just typed up a quick thread in the suggestions forum, hopefully they take a look and I'll add in some more info. Stat scrolls would be unreal.

BlueFox128
05-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Very true. Maybe add an option, up to a certain level, where a noob can give karma points to someone who helps them. In fact, that just might encourage even more people to help noobs. I know when i first started, i was completely lost until a few kind souls pointed me in the right direction :)

(Good Things about the idea) I totally agree with you. really, it do. i like the idea where noobs can give karma points to people who help them. sorta like on Graal classic. Maybe the Karma points could be used to buy certain vanity items. The karma items could only be bought with karma points.

(Bad Things about idea) But, if ya think about it, if that does happen, a bunch of pro players would be swarming forest haven just to get karma points. also, they'd probably keep killing noobs in Pvp matches until the noobs give them karma points.