PDA

View Full Version : Hats cost too much.

KingFu
08-13-2010, 03:24 PM
I for one won't be buying anymore hats. The coolest looking headphones are 20 plat? Come on devs, I'm sorry but 20 plat for headphones IMO is ridiculous! That is 4 bucks, for the gold and red headphones. 10 plat isn't a whole lot better either. I don't mean to hate on all this, the hats look cool and IMO they are a nice added bonus, but I think it would be nicer if they were more affordable. Thanks.

King Kamehameha
08-13-2010, 03:32 PM
I would get a sombrero or something if it was 1 plat as it only give 1 tiny armour I agree too overpriced so if you could maybe at least bring the black sombrero down to 1 plat lol I would get it

Furrawn
08-13-2010, 03:34 PM
I agree that 20P is too rich for my blood... But it might be okay for others.
I understand high prices- they are vanity items... But I'd prefer that they begin at 1P and maybe go up to 8P for the coolest ones.

They need to make money to keep making worlds for us to play. This way, the campaigns don't have to cost a million dollars... But, I agree w you Mystic that 20P is too much for me personally...

UNLESS it's for a pet. I'll happily pay 20P for a rad rare pet:D
Or a light pink Mage cloak w ruffles :D

KingFu
08-13-2010, 03:43 PM
My problem with it is, they aren't exclusive to my knowledge, they aren't rare, they only require a level 1, and people will only wear them for looks. I purchased a sombrero not knowing the price, I thought it was the usual 1 or 2 plat, so I just bought it an wasted a ton of plat. I think it's kinda ridiculous, I think it would be better for the low level ones being 1 plat, the higher level ones being 2 plat, and the custom ones be about 3-5 plat max, 20 is INSANE.

Rarefew
08-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Nuff said
/10char

Snakespeare
08-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Maybe it's $4.00 USD if you buy in 5 plat increments of $1 each, but why would you do that?

75 plat for $10 equals 13 cents per plat. That makes headphones about $2.66 USD. I spend more on coffee and a scone at Starbucks every morning.

Stick with a sombrero. 3 plat = about 40 cents if you buy your plat $10 at a time. Even if it were 50 cents, I would gladly pay it just to have fun. I got my 40 cents worth already just by standing around towne singing "The Hat I Got For Christmas is Too Big". I put it on at least five times while farming pinks and it always got a chuckle. Easily worth 40 cents, any day!

Spiritualist
08-13-2010, 05:22 PM
I agree, I just don't see the point in these hats at these prices. I certainly won't get one.

Chickdigcookies
08-13-2010, 05:35 PM
vanity has a price...

i live in mexico so the mexican itunes eels me 75 plat for 100 pesos...thats almost

75 plat for 7 dollars...

Snakespeare
08-13-2010, 05:42 PM
The point, Spiritualist, is that there isn't a point. Some things are just for fun. If it's not fun for one person, that doesn't mean it isn't fun. If one person thinks the fun is too expensive, then that's their choice. But, in fact, they want to have fun for free. Well, there is a ton of free fun in this game. But this particular fun costs 50 cents. woot woot

Furrawn
08-13-2010, 07:20 PM
My problem with it is, they aren't exclusive to my knowledge, they aren't rare, they only require a level 1, and people will only wear them for looks. I purchased a sombrero not knowing the price, I thought it was the usual 1 or 2 plat, so I just bought it an wasted a ton of plat. I think it's kinda ridiculous, I think it would be better for the low level ones being 1 plat, the higher level ones being 2 plat, and the custom ones be about 3-5 plat max, 20 is INSANE.

But, Mystic, the point isn't that the hats are RARE.
The point is that they are FUN. Of course they are level 1 so everyone can have fun & party:D

It's a vanity item. Just like a vanity plate- it costs extra because it looks way cool.
20P for one hat is too much for me, personally, but others may be fine with it. I did spend 10P on headphones:) The pricing is fine no matter what because none of us NEED these items. We just WANT them:D

I've spent like 40P on six hats in the past 24 hrs. I'm ok with that. I just can't spend 40P every day (I drink my coffee at home & save my $2.66 lol).

I'm just thrilled we HAVE all these great hats to buy if we want to!
They are so much fun!!!!

Violentsaint
08-13-2010, 07:37 PM
vanity has a price...

i live in mexico so the mexican itunes eels me 75 plat for 100 pesos...thats almost

75 plat for 7 dollars...

you think thats bad? 75 plat in australia costs $13.... so if you get a $20 itunes card and buy 75 plat for $13 and 30 plat for $6 you only end up geting 105 plat for $19... sure you have $1 left but you cant buy any more plat because 5 plat costs $1.19...

i guess its a good thing the hats are so expensive, if they were cheap everyone would buy them, i kinda like the idea that if im willing to fork out 20 plat on earphones that i probly wont see some1 else with earphones the same colour as mine.

Royce
08-13-2010, 07:42 PM
vanity has a price...

75 plat for 7 dollars...

That's actually a good deal, I pay $10 for 75 plat.

Dizko
08-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Good arguements from both sides.

I love the hats and stuff, but yea, paying the same amount for headphones as you would for a campaign - silly.

setec
08-13-2010, 07:56 PM
I just don't see why I would pay Plat (AKA: Real money) for a hat that has lower stats than helmets found in game. Even the Helmet: Magic Hats are low stats. I know the Devs probably don't want to get into an area where those that pay real money get the good gear quickly without having to farm/quest for them and I agree with that. But, paying Plat for Level 1 items is crazy.

Dizko
08-13-2010, 07:58 PM
I agree and disagree with you setec.

The fact that the hats take the place of your armour is not good, considering the stats are crap. But also, I do not believe that these vanity items should provide any stats.

What we need is (as has been suggested) a separate slot for a vanity costume which goes over our gear without influencing our stats.

Warchanter
08-13-2010, 08:04 PM
too much .... didnt get one ....

Violentsaint
08-13-2010, 08:24 PM
I agree and disagree with you setec.

The fact that the hats take the place of your armour is not good, considering the stats are crap. But also, I do not believe that these vanity items should provide any stats.

What we need is (as has been suggested) a separate slot for a vanity costume which goes over our gear without influencing our stats.

this is an exelent idea. i died three times in a ao2 run because i was wearing my metal head earphones with 1 armor lol XD

in the last 3 days ive bought...

firey plate of legend -2 plat (my Phoenix guild robes lol)
Purple sombrero hat - 8 plat (cos it looks pimp!)
Metal Head earphones- 20 plat (because ive been hardcore since highschool) ;)

lol i burned through 30 plat pretty quick lol

seperate hat slot please!!!

vulgarstrike
08-13-2010, 08:29 PM
I am not worried about the price, as long as there is a seperate hat slot.

with a separate hat slot, I'd gladly pay that 20P, but now, I won't buy at all.

Warchanter
08-13-2010, 08:44 PM
first hats whats next giant shades lol or blindfolds bandannas

Rarefew
08-13-2010, 08:57 PM
The devs made this hat in the first place for towne roaming and the show off your legend contest

Yardsalez
08-13-2010, 08:59 PM
20 plat is way too much for a hat. In replace you could get respecs inventory or stash slots and much more

mAdvillain
08-13-2010, 09:02 PM
you guys can beat around the bush all you want about the price
the fact of the matter is is that myself, the Topic Creator, and alot of people all say DANG when we saw how much the hats/headphones are

KingFu
08-13-2010, 09:03 PM
you guys can beat around the bush all you want about the price
the fact of the matter is is that myself, the Topic Creator, and alot of people all say DANG when we saw how much the hats/headphones are

Topic Creator?

j46g629h
08-13-2010, 09:05 PM
they know someone is going to get one even more than one
that's why it costs that much,

I wanted to say is to be able to equip this funny hat you have to unequip your pink helm,
how could it be customisation!!
you wear it only when you stay in town, what's the point!!

Chickdigcookies
08-13-2010, 09:36 PM
you think thats bad? 75 plat in australia costs $13.... so if you get a $20 itunes card and buy 75 plat for $13 and 30 plat for $6 you only end up geting 105 plat for $19... sure you have $1 left but you cant buy any more plat because 5 plat costs $1.19...

i guess its a good thing the hats are so expensive, if they were cheap everyone would buy them, i kinda like the idea that if im willing to fork out 20 plat on earphones that i probly wont see some1 else with earphones the same colour as mine.

no i dont think its bad, i actually pay less then all of you...

KingFu
08-13-2010, 09:38 PM
no i dont think its bad, i actually pay less then all of you...

Don't chinese pay less? lol

Chickdigcookies
08-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Don't chinese pay less? lol

i wouldn't know...

Furrawn
08-13-2010, 10:00 PM
this is an exelent idea. i died three times in a ao2 run because i was wearing my metal head earphones with 1 armor lol XD

in the last 3 days ive bought...

firey plate of legend -2 plat (my Phoenix guild robes lol)
Purple sombrero hat - 8 plat (cos it looks pimp!)
Metal Head earphones- 20 plat (because ive been hardcore since highschool) ;)

lol i burned through 30 plat pretty quick lol

seperate hat slot please!!!

Lmao-

I was in AO2 fighting Botox or Rolex (my names for them:) and I almost died. In my head I was like, "What happened to me? Oh. Purple Headphones. Lol"

Putting them over our real helms would be great!!!
Awesome idea!

asommers
08-14-2010, 12:24 AM
1.3.1 will add the concept of equipped item loadouts where you can swap up to 4 sets of equipped gear. This way, you can swap between battle gear, evening wear, laundry day outfit, etc.

-ALS

Iambirdman
08-14-2010, 12:32 AM
1.3.1 will add the concept of equipped item loadouts where you can swap up to 4 sets of equipped gear. This way, you can swap between battle gear, evening wear, laundry day outfit, etc.

-ALS

Sweet Joseph and Mary !! Thank you!!!!

Chickdigcookies
08-14-2010, 02:33 AM

-ALS

im still to get my laudry outfit, seems 76 plat wont do it...

jonboy
08-14-2010, 03:51 AM
Very nice asommers, much appreciated.

King Kamehameha
08-14-2010, 03:52 AM
What about a Santa gear at christmas lol Archer Christmas Santa Claws and his little elf XD

Furrawn
08-14-2010, 03:57 AM

-ALS

Doing a happy dance! Thank you Thank you!
Hmmm- evening wear? Laundry outfit? Sequins & sweatpants? When will these outfits be available to buy? Lol

Thanks, devs!!! Yay!!! Brilliant switch idea!!!

King- great Santa idea!!!

King Kamehameha
08-14-2010, 04:30 AM
Guess who santas little elf costume is for lol

Potawto
08-14-2010, 05:34 AM
Birthday suit perhaps? :P

Violentsaint
08-14-2010, 08:20 AM
need seperate hat slot now, i cant wear my heavy metal earphones in ao2 without geting owned....

Chickdigcookies
08-14-2010, 10:07 AM
need seperate hat slot now, i cant wear my heavy metal earphones in ao2 without geting owned....

mummies are hard D:

Royce
08-14-2010, 10:12 AM

I agree it would be great to have some way to wear the vanity gear and get the stats of your regular gear at the same time. Here's the problem with just adding a hat slot. Hats are just the first customization option, which means we are probably going to see vanity clothes, and maybe handheld items (in weapon and shield slots) before long. So if they add new slots for all this stuff, the inventory would become a huge mess. Then again maybe it's worth it, but I don't know. Just my thoughts...

mummies are hard D:
No it's cause VS is Str/Int :P

Furrawn
08-14-2010, 11:00 AM
If there are menu tabs under INVENTORY?
[GEAR] [CUSTOMIZATION]
Each of the tabs under inventory would carry its particular items.
Vanity stuff would always go to the customization tab.
If an item in-game was a drop and a vanity item, it would automatically get placed into customization which they could create a specific tab menu for:
[HATS] [EVENING] [LAUNDRY] [PETS] [ETC]
So, it should be easy to switch back & forth?

Or am I not understanding the layout?

FluffNStuff
08-14-2010, 12:01 PM

-ALS

Hot swapping gear, assuming you can have gear in multiple sets, will be deadly in pvp. Did that talon just become a dagger ...

Furrawn
08-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Hot swapping gear, assuming you can have gear in multiple sets, will be deadly in pvp. Did that talon just become a dagger ...

Even in campaigns it could be totally awesome!
This game just keeps coming with delights & new things:D
Love it Love it:)

Banned
08-14-2010, 01:25 PM

Dude...

NINJA.

Inching
08-15-2010, 10:57 PM
I also wont be buying one... not even about the cost but just that everone and their cat has one... HOWEVER if they made limited hats like only 50 abailable or something for certain colors THEN thats a different story because that offers some sort of VALUE.

But agree with Mystic, if its just open to the public then I wouldnt get one.....

If the Devs for example just made a wand for ME ONLY, I would pay up for that of course while kleeping up the stats on it....

Scarcity value "yo"......!!!!

yes I used "yo" again,,,,... Im a thief

PvP
08-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Alright, I'm sorry to go against the flow of this thread, but here's my view on it. EVERY game out there has items you can buy and stand out in. Even RuneScape, the amazing FTP browser game (amazing might be stretching it xD) has a members option. I understand you pay for the maps, but come on lets not be picky, especially when its a completely OPTIONAL upgrade. I mean, it doesn't get any more optional. Its a customizable HAT. Nobody is going to go up to you and say OMG I WANT UR HAT CUZ ITS RARE AND UBER COOL AND STUFF...Well, the vast majority anyway. So my point is, this game needs this, something that is expensive, rare, and special. I'm very glad they added this for the prices they did, because it not only helps the game, but gives those extra dollar players the kind of item they want. Obviously, this isn't for every player, which is like I said - completely optional. It doesn't provide benefits or anything, so I don't think its something that should be vouched for a lower price, such as lets say... map packs or something.