PDA

View Full Version : The Isle of Humania is Overrun!

Samhayne
04-27-2012, 12:07 PM
The next expansion to Pocket Legends is coming – Humania!

The Heroes of Alterra have pushed the monsters threatening the Elf Queen’s domain out further and further from the mainland. Left with few strongholds, evil influences have crossed the water to take a foothold on the southern islands known collectively as Humania.

The Humania expansion will raise the level cap for characters to 70 (71 for the elite). Over the coming weeks we will reveal more details about the Humania content, including a look at game play mechanics, skills, new systems, monsters, items and bosses!

We will provide as much notice as possible when Humania will go live, so those who are chasing the elite level cap will be able to best plan their way to obtain the current level 66 cap vanity as possible.

Next week we will kick off a Humania pre-launch community contest! Tune in on Monday, April 30th for contest details!

DerSchuetze
04-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Great

elianel
04-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Nice

Roc
04-27-2012, 02:18 PM
evil influences have crossed the water to take a foothold on the southern islands known collectively as Humania.

My mage knows how to walk on water! Awesome :biggrin:

Coltona
04-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Does this mean the beginning of the actual oyster sets?!

WoundedEagle
04-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Cool.

And:

Over the coming weeks

:/

ExperimentNebulaCore
04-27-2012, 02:25 PM
:D next week! i wonder what the enemies look like :0

Skeletonlord
04-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Looks and sounds awesome! Love the looks of the campaign at this stage, it would be cool if you post a gameplay video, that will probably come in the coming weeks.

Psiorian
04-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Skills? New skills? Or new skill caps?

Swampy
04-27-2012, 02:31 PM
So excited!!

WoundedEagle
04-27-2012, 02:31 PM
I see the new AO days.

Fuzzyslips
04-27-2012, 02:33 PM
My goodness....I can't wait!!

deviousdemon
04-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Cool.

And:

Over the coming weeks

:/

^ this

:(

.... weeks....

Roberto077
04-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Skills you say?

Everyone'sFavMage
04-27-2012, 02:52 PM
:O!

Buddyf97
04-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Awesome scenery! Bright colors for once! And about skills, will you incorporate new skills or make 7 the maximum number of skill points?

lilgangster
04-27-2012, 03:09 PM
About the contest will it be a twitter contest? Wanna make sure Cuz i always miss those :p

TheSnowman
04-27-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm hoping there are new skills that would freshen things up a lot combat wise.

Swimmingstar
04-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Awesome!

Samhayne
04-27-2012, 03:26 PM
About the contest will it be a twitter contest? Wanna make sure Cuz i always miss those :p

It will be a forum based contest.

Chickenrunnn
04-27-2012, 03:27 PM
^ this
:(
.... weeks....

................. years ............................
:vshock::vshock::vshock:

I'll be dead when it is out ._. Chickens don't have a long life :angel:

Jugernugetx
04-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Can't wait;)

dingermtb
04-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Woot! Can't wait! Gonna start stacking elixers this weekend. Gotta get the 66 level cap. At 63 1/2 right now :)

Sent from my AlienFusion-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Elyseon
04-27-2012, 03:45 PM
:D
Yes! Cant Wait!

dudetus
04-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Over the coming weeks we will reveal more details about the Humania content, including a look at game play mechanics, skills, new systems, monsters, items and bosses!

How am I the first one to bring this up?

New gameplay mechanics and systems?

Wow

I hope there will not be that energy system..

EDIT: *Drools for Skill Trees and more attributes*

Ixillicus
04-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Woot. I am excited. I wanna know about these changes and new systems!

Moogerfooger
04-27-2012, 04:33 PM
I see the new AO days.

Doubtful.

Moogerfooger
04-27-2012, 04:35 PM

Skill trees would be a small step in revitalizing a semi-stale game; hopefully the gawdawful Energy system will be nowhere in sight. Would be tough to retroactively fit in (thankfully).

Willwacku
04-27-2012, 04:50 PM
New skills..o_O

Zamu
04-27-2012, 05:17 PM
I KNEW IT WOULD BE ON THAT LITTLE SOUTH-EAST ISLAND IN THE WORLD MAP! :D

Great work devs, cant wait for this! :)

KingFu
04-27-2012, 05:30 PM
My wishes:

1) Waterfall. As you probaby know.

2) The water moves

Oh, and 3) No energy system.

Legendslayers
04-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Looks great! I can't wait any longer

Bilaxman
04-27-2012, 06:10 PM
My wishes:

1) Waterfall. As you probaby know.

A waterfall would be cool! :)

Swimmingstar
04-27-2012, 06:19 PM
The next expansion to Pocket Legends is coming – Humania!

The Heroes of Alterra have pushed the monsters threatening the Elf Queen’s domain out further and further from the mainland. Left with few strongholds, evil influences have crossed the water to take a foothold on the southern islands known collectively as Humania.

The Humania expansion will raise the level cap for characters to 70 (71 for the elite). Over the coming weeks we will reveal more details about the Humania content, including a look at game play mechanics, skills, new systems, monsters, items and bosses!

We will provide as much notice as possible when Humania will go live, so those who are chasing the elite level cap will be able to best plan their way to obtain the current level 66 cap vanity as possible.

Next week we will kick off a Humania pre-launch community contest! Tune in on Monday, April 30th for contest details!

It will be a forum based contest.

New skills, mechanics, game play, more, and a forum based contest?! YES!

LordEspe
04-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Sounds awesome!Looks great! So many things to look forward to ( mystical's waterfall for one)!! As an iOS user I am getting pretty good at controlling my anxiety and not getting too excited!! :€

P.S. thx STS for making PL, it's ruined my life (in a good way)! :)

Luvaria
04-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Finally some creativity xD
Nice tiki statues =O ima wear my golem mask to worship them >:3

Thegreenduck
04-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Great! Nice work guys, cant w8

Aveea
04-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Intriguing!

Jcyee
04-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Awesome! Cant wait!

Late
04-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Just wondering, who's the Mage?

Phoenixking
04-27-2012, 08:15 PM
How am I the first one to bring this up?

New gameplay mechanics and systems?

Wow

I was talking to my friend about that, I'm pretty sure everyone noticed it. They just didn't want to bring it up

Mothwing
04-27-2012, 10:28 PM

excited.

fuzzylazer
04-28-2012, 03:12 AM
I hope I will survive with my 65 wearing custom set there. :p

XghostzX
04-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Can't wait, this looks great!

Jtpup74799
04-28-2012, 07:57 AM
Will it be for all levels or just 65-71

25thninja
04-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Awesome! Humania!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::ban ana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banan a::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::ban ana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banan a::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana:
:vshock::vshock::vshock:

But... It's....
So... Long...
:(:(:(

Dragonrider023
04-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Wow

Sryyoulose
04-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Guys... WEEKS! NOT MONTHS YES YES YES WHOOOOT!
Was I the only one who noticed that?

dtandel10
04-29-2012, 08:13 AM
hey developers because im only 59 right now and not many people helping me can u guys give 4x xp and 4x damage elxeir for a week. i wanna reach 66 and as u said "it will take a while for it to go live" that means it'll take about another 2-3 weeks right so fro that time can u guys like give 4x elixers wich will help me and others reach the goal of 66 plzz i wanna get 66 vanity. :)

Capitapy
04-29-2012, 09:17 AM
hey developers because im only 59 right now and not many people helping me can u guys give 4x xp and 4x damage elxeir for a week. i wanna reach 66 and as u said "it will take a while for it to go live" that means it'll take about another 2-3 weeks right so fro that time can u guys like give 4x elixers wich will help me and others reach the goal of 66 plzz i wanna get 66 vanity. :)
Oh yes, it would be so honest for the people who pay for 4x thrasher....

dudetus
04-29-2012, 01:36 PM

Oh man. This is like extreme begging.

Jcyee
04-29-2012, 02:42 PM

im not sure begging could get any worse. lets be realistic here... the devs have done only DOUBLE xp and DOUBLE damage for one weekend each. i doubt they would even consider doing 4x anything, let alone for a full week. just think about it

Livemau
04-29-2012, 03:40 PM
I was here and I posted am I special?

Jtpup74799
04-29-2012, 04:11 PM
The Humania expansion will raise the level cap for characters to 70 (71 for the elite).
Sam, you forgot something!

The Humania expansion will raise the level cap for characters to 70, 71 for the elite, level 72 for all characters named Samhayne.
Now that's more like it.

dtandel10
04-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Oh yes, it would be so honest for the people who pay for 4x thrasher....

i dont mind if they dont do 4x as longs as they delay the launch. hope it launches at june the 10th or something ( my bday :) ) and may 31st if they do 2x xp thing for weekends :) wanna reach 66 so bad

dtandel10
04-29-2012, 04:24 PM
i want it to launch after may that will give time for 58+ to get to 66. plus some of the exams will finish in school so a little more game time when the humania comes out. hope u make the right launching dates developers :) make a wise choice lol

saool
04-29-2012, 04:41 PM
OMG finally!!!

Edit: if the new system is an "energy" system, I will officially QUIT ALL STS games and pay $30/month or whatever for another MMO. I've already spent $70 for both PL and DL. So I'm hoping it's not that that they will change.

Runinvasion
04-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Chickenrunnn

LwMark
04-29-2012, 09:33 PM
If its energy based i will quit to.but i dont think sts would do that to pl..its to far ahead..all i see changin is maybe a mailbox for pms or some other cool stuff

Jtpup74799
04-29-2012, 10:32 PM
I was here and I posted am I special?yes, very special

Wolverinei
04-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Thank you, I want to see some light weapons, armory, helms, shields, and skills. To much dark in this game, please lighten up a little.

Capitapy
04-30-2012, 02:09 AM
agree with previous post, if its will be energy based changes, than its horrible...

Chickenrunnn
04-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Guys... WEEKS! NOT MONTHS YES YES YES WHOOOOT!
Was I the only one who noticed that?

It could be 12 weeks --"

Chickenrunnn
04-30-2012, 10:41 AM
i want bubble sparkles :D

and why not fishes in the town water, to fish with croc poles, and it would give gold :) it would bring some more fun! :)

Rauekat
04-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Has contest been started yet? Sam said there was a contest today for humania.

ExperimentNebulaCore
04-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Mabey humania will have mini games :3. Like surff board raceing. Hah.

Walkhardd
04-30-2012, 12:38 PM
i want it to launch after may that will give time for 58+ to get to 66. plus some of the exams will finish in school so a little more game time when the humania comes out. hope u make the right launching dates developers :) make a wise choice lol

Fang s been out for more than enough time to get 66. Remember, it's the elite cap.

dtandel10
04-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Fang s been out for more than enough time to get 66. Remember, it's the elite cap.

actually i dont mind now hope humania comes out this friday becoz its bank holiday on monday so i will have 3 days of school so yea enough time to test out humnia. first i wanted to reach 66 so bad but now coz i already have 66 mt fang armour for bird ill just tranfer it to my mage im playing wiv mage so yea release humania as soon as posible :D

Swimmingstar
04-30-2012, 06:13 PM

I'm almost there, but now I can never find decent runs and I kinda sold my gear.

Mothwing
04-30-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm almost there, but now I can never find decent runs and I kinda sold my gear.

Kind of? ;)

Luvaria
04-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Has contest been started yet? Sam said there was a contest today for humania.

This is your chance to be part of the Legend! The next expansion to Pocket Legends is coming – Humania! Design up to three different legendary weapons for the pacific islander themed Humania expansion and you could see your weapons realized in Pocket Legends and win awesome prizes!

Pocket Legends Item Design Contest - Create Humania Legendary Weapons!

The Islands of Humania feature tranquil beaches, warm weather and palm trees typical of a real world Pacific Island setting. Here are a few screenshots to inspire you!

With this backdrop in mind, come up with a descriptive and visual weapon design for any (or all) of the three Pocket Legends classes. Keep in mind that these are Legendary weapons that will be some of the best rewards available in the Humania expansion.

Three Legendary Humanian Weapons:
There are three different categories of weapons that can be designed, encompassing the typical weapon types:

Strength: swords, hammers, etc.
Dexterity: bows, crossbows, talons, etc.
Intelligence: staves, wands, etc.

Design One, Two or All Three!
Create an original design for any of the above categories. A good submission will probably include both images and a written description. A submission should be appropriate for the category it is in – for example, please do not submit a design for a crossbow to the STR or INT categories. A crossbow would be a DEX weapon.

To enter, please post your design to the appropriate forum thread, between now and Tuesday, May 15th at 11:59 PM Central Time.

A good submission post will include:

Character Name:
Category: Which category is the weapon submission for? Str, Dex or Int? Please post to the correct thread.
Your Item’s Name:
Images of your design. What does the weapon look like?
Written description of the weapon. Tell us about it.

Prizes:
It is possible that one person could win all three grand prizes, since any one person can submit an entry for each category (Int weapon, Dex weapon and Str weapon).

Grand Prizes for each of the Three Weapon Categories

100 platinum per category
Item created in game
Name of character included in the item description
The name of the character must comply with the Terms of Service.
Legendary item granted to a character of their choice on their account

6 Runner Up Prizes

50 Platinum to the best 6 runner’s up from any of the categories.

Deadline for Submissions – Tuesday, May 15th at 11:59 PM
The cut off time will be taken from the timestamp of the forum post of your entry.

Only one entry per person per category.
If you want to change your submission you can go to your earlier submission and edit the post to change to your new submission.

Judging
Entries will be judged by the Spacetime Studios Development Team. Equal weight will be applied to judging your visual design and your written descriptive component, so please spend time on both. You can include details about possible weapon procs or effects in your description. We’ll do our best to recreate those effects in game should you win.

Remember – all designs and art MUST be your own – created and submitted by you!

Here are the links to the submission forum threads:

Dexterity: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56830-DEX-Submission-Thread-Design-Humanian-Legendary-Weapons-Contest-DEXTERITY
Intelligence: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56828-INT-Submission-Thread-Design-Humanian-Legendary-Weapons-Contest-INTELLIGENCE
Strength: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56829-STR-Submission-Thread-Design-Humanian-Legendary-Weapons-Contest-STRENGTH

Previous Contests
This isn't the first time that Spacetime Studios has invited their fans to step up to the creation table. Check out some of our previous Community Contests!

Fiery Weapons of Doom: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27181-Winners-of-the-Create-Fiery-Weapons-of-DOOM-Design-Contest
Design a Hat Contest: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5833-Submit-your-Design-Here-for-Design-a-Hat-Contest!
T-Shirt Design Contest: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?35188-Vote-Now-for-the-Community-Pick-of-the-Pocket-Legends-T-Shirt-Design-Contest
Art Competition: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3302-Announcing-Art-Competition-Finalists

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56824-Pocket-Legends-Item-Design-Contest-Create-Humania-Legendary-Weapons!&highlight=Humania+weapons
Main Info
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56830-DEX-Submission-Thread-Design-Humanian-Legendary-Weapons-Contest-DEXTERITY
Dex Contest
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56828-INT-Submission-Thread-Design-Humanian-Legendary-Weapons-Contest-INTELLIGENCE
Int Contest
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56829-STR-Submission-Thread-Design-Humanian-Legendary-Weapons-Contest-STRENGTH
Str Contest

Silverpegasus
05-01-2012, 04:57 AM
Humania is my dream came true! Havent checked forums for a few days and yesterday on my flight home, i was just thinking of wont it be nice if there is a new island... And holy s... Theres one on PL... Best brilliant idea! Cant wait for this to come out! New unexplored island... Here come the flock of tourists!!!

Swords
05-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Im just wondering what the lvl cap item from fallen prince is...

Sinestro
05-03-2012, 12:33 AM
yees!!! Im stoked! just need the 66 vanity tho get elite b4 its too late just wish i knew when and how many sick days to use to play agghhhh

Luvaria
05-03-2012, 02:17 AM
actually i dont mind now hope humania comes out this friday becoz its bank holiday on monday so i will have 3 days of school so yea enough time to test out humnia. first i wanted to reach 66 so bad but now coz i already have 66 mt fang armour for bird ill just tranfer it to my mage im playing wiv mage so yea release humania as soon as posible :D

You can't transfer Elite Vanities: You can get up to 6 on one character (liquidating and buying back after getting more from Prince), so then you could have 6 chars with Elite sets and only have to reach the cap on one char. Sorry :(

Im just wondering what the lvl cap item from fallen prince is...

Should be a pet, thats all we're missing :) Unless STS adds vanity weapon and makes us look all the same... Bad enough already :P

kikstatbird
05-03-2012, 11:14 AM
charactere name : kikstat

for str : L70 EXOTIK TROPICAL HAMMER
for int: L70 EXOTIK WAND PALM TOTEM
for dex: L70 EXOTIK ARC OF EQUATORIAL CEREMONY

Suntv
05-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Can someone tell me what an "Energy" system is?

Swimmingstar
05-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Can someone tell me what an "Energy" system is?

Play DL or look at the forums and you'll know.

@Mothwing I bought gear again but after getting to 66 and trying to stay at 33,333 pve kills, I'm selling again. Maybe even one or both of the sets before that.

Gigglez
05-07-2012, 07:34 PM
If you go to an energy based ststem like DL i will quit... I hate the energy ststem in DL and 24 hour timers for side quests wtf?? Really ??? Plz dont ruin PL plzplzplzplzplz

Xettacross
05-08-2012, 11:57 AM
I just have one question...
Humania pvp maps?

Gracias
Pvp twinks: skeletongrin
Skeletonrage

Htiek
05-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Love to see energy system come to PL.

Really like this kind system. XD

Popular
05-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Loveee itgtt

Bebsi
05-09-2012, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=Luvaria;637388]You can't transfer Elite Vanities: You can get up to 6 on one character (liquidating and buying back after getting more from Prince), so then you could have 6 chars with Elite sets and only have to reach the cap on one char. Sorry :(

Just like u said...
Elite vanities r not tradable --> also not stashable, so how would u share them with ur other chars then?

Dark Avenger
06-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Any update on when this is coming out. If i remember correctly when fang came out it was a weeks notice...i dont want to start my bear or mage from 65 till i know i have enough time or not...

nazgulking
06-03-2012, 03:10 AM
love to see energy system come to pl.

Really like this kind system. Xd

heresy!

kaiserbear
06-03-2012, 03:15 AM
i cant wait of humania

Snipehard
06-07-2012, 11:21 AM
I hope they will make the uncommon/common items useful again once more like the ones in Sewer map. :distress:

Elixirgod
06-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Can't wait for the Humania launch!