PDA

View Full Version : A game with only invited friends

Snakespeare
04-27-2012, 12:44 PM
So this morning a hint popped up in-game, and it answered a Frequently Asked Question. The answer was completely unexpected to me. It said that YOU CAN INVITE FRIENDS TO "Play Solo" GAMES. To me solo meant only one person in that session, but that's not what it means.

I just wanted to pass the hint on. I guess solo is a private instance and multiplayer is a public instance.

captaintuttle
04-27-2012, 12:48 PM
So this morning a hint popped up in-game, and it answered a Frequently Asked Question. The answer was completely unexpected to me. It said that YOU CAN INVITE FRIENDS TO "Play Solo" GAMES. To me solo meant only one person in that session, but that's not what it means.

I just wanted to pass the hint on. I guess solo is a private instance and multiplayer is a public instance.

I just did that math myself based on a post on how to earn gold quickly. Solo is private, where in PL/SL it is protected by password, in DL the game is invitation-only. The other player needs an invite to be allowed to join. It's a little slower than telling your mates "Who wants to run map x? I'll make... usual password" and you're done, since you do have to actually issue the invitations rather than just give out the password - but I think it's pretty cool. Good of you to point that out Snake, I'll bet others wondered about it too.

Elysony
04-27-2012, 01:28 PM
What he said ^ lol.