PDA

View Full Version : I think we should take the energy mechanic positively.

Sparco
04-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Before you disagree with me, please read this first, well most of us dislike the energy mechanic, but for me i take it positively, because i will also have time for other activities such as resting, working out, and eating, instead of just waiting, arguing, and complaining. Give yourself a favor and take a timeout, you don't wanna stay inside all day, go outside and have fun (your not a vampire anyways):p, then just go inside when your ready to play, you feeling me?

Blaquehaaart
04-28-2012, 01:13 AM
I like it...I can lvl without playing the game.

ninjaduck
04-28-2012, 01:29 AM
Thank you for this post. Its probably one of the only positive views on the energy mechanic since it was announced

RedRyder
04-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Believe it or not, I do have a life outside of gaming. I have no issue with waiting on a mission while I live my life.

darrylriessen
04-28-2012, 06:07 AM
Before you disagree with me, please read this first, well most of us dislike the energy mechanic, but for me i take it positively, because i will also have time for other activities such as resting, working out, and eating, instead of just waiting, arguing, and complaining. Give yourself a favor and take a timeout, you don't wanna stay inside all day, go outside and have fun (your not a vampire anyways):p, then just go inside when your ready to play, you feeling me?

yea, or you could use your energy in DL.
and then go back to SL or PL and lvl up there. ;)

Noobified
04-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Funny how the game is intended for mature audiences and yet they have to justify the energy system as a means to maintain self control and discipline in order to avoid over-gaming.

Blaquehaaart
04-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Funny how the game is intended for mature audiences and yet they have to justify the energy system as a means to maintain self control and discipline in order to avoid over-gaming.

Has STS explicitly said this, or did you just make this up?

Takezaki
04-28-2012, 01:51 PM
You get used to it. I still believe the energy cap should grow accordingly with your level though.

There are many things that are wrong with this game, but the positive outweighs the negative.

Still, I'm level 20 right now, and there's no excitement, there's nothing really that ''rare'' to find, and when you do get a legendary pink, you get 20k after hours of undercutting on the auction house. You do the same 1 minute mission over and over. If you don't like PvP, the PvE content is basically non-existant.

I'm looking forward to the next patches and hope they bring us something exciting, cause as much as I like the concept, I don't see myself playing this game for months on end.

In MMORPGs, I like being RICH, I like farming for rare stuff, I like the excitement of knowing that I could find a treasure that everyone would be looking after. Right now there is no such thing. Platinium items are far better than in-game pinks and like I said, when you do find one there are already 10 others on the auction house selling for peanuts. I also don't like the fixed stats, I think items should have variable stats and that would bring a lot of depth to the economy.

There's so many items they could and should add... Drops like : dyes for clothing, rare vanities like in SL..The best way the devs can make people BUY MORE PLATINIUM is by making them excited to farm for rare stuff..

My two cents.

Blaquehaaart
04-28-2012, 02:13 PM
This game is definitely more suited for pvp. The pve content in this game is non-exsistant.

Slant
04-28-2012, 03:48 PM
yes very positively... .dont know where STS got some of the design decisions in the new games, its spot on, they should continue doing what they are doing
there are no gurus here, this is all new territory, which is why they should be careful because they are deciding the trends here... and we have every right to be critical but it should not come from a fund of unrealistic PC MMO expectations

rinzler
04-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Really great positive post, the reasons you listed are certainly valid! :)

Late
04-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Everyone needs rest, doesn't matter if your a vampire

Noobified
04-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Has STS explicitly said this, or did you just make this up?

No, but several people here seem to feel this way. Energy system or not, mature people don't need a system in place in a game to enable them to have a life outside of gaming. Come on now!

Blaquehaaart
04-28-2012, 06:38 PM
No, but several people here seem to feel this way. Energy system or not, mature people don't need a system in place in a game to enable them to have a life outside of gaming. Come on now!

The energy system isn't to maintain discipline. Its to regulate power lvling. Otherwise it would get dominated quickly by hard core gamers, like every other mmo. It's a system of balance.

There's pocket legends and star legends to grind away at. This game is more casual.

Frankly, I like the energy system because I don't have to live in a video game to lvl and/or grind gold. I just log in dump my energy, then play a CTF game (although they seem to be really long now), if I on my game I may play another.

However, I'm also not a pve'er, in which case, yeah, energy definitely sucks for that crowd.

StompArtist
04-28-2012, 06:49 PM
I like the energy idea but think it should raise a little bit with level because there is little you can do with 25 energy on the last map if you are doing afk missions... 30-35 with allow 3 missions instead of 2 like on the other maps...

ArtStar
04-28-2012, 07:31 PM
I have said it over and over, I don't mind the energy system.
It actually makes me wanna take my time and pace myself more.