PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the Level Glyph - cancels harmful buffs

Roc
04-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Sometimes those pesky bosses like to rain down fire on my poor vampire or cough up their nasty green goo all over my awesome outfit. These things I can handle but when I'm waiting to leave a level their attempts to kill me continue to drain my life.

I would appreciate it if when the leaving glyph appears on the ground:

1) Fire trails do not cause damage when you're trying to leave and there is fiery doom criss-crossing the exit while your precious elixir is fading away
2) Harmful buffs are canceled when you enter the glyph

I don't plan on letting my vamp meet a fiery or gooey end when the enemies are already dead :vD:

Deathpunch
04-28-2012, 01:56 PM
I know, right? I was killed by a zombie fart cloud trying to leave a level once. Boo.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

n00b13st
04-28-2012, 04:17 PM
I agree, exit glyph could cancel harmful debuffs - or they could auto-cancel when that enemy is dead, or when all enemies are dead.

Bilaxman
04-28-2012, 05:04 PM
I got my first death that way. I wasn't very happy lol.

Flippys
04-28-2012, 09:56 PM
You can leave any dungeon at any time. You do not need to use the glyph to exit a dungeon. Click on Menu then Maps. It will ask you for confirmation to leave. Don't worry, once back on the map screen, you will see the completed gold coin icon on top of that dungeon, ready to be turned in at your convenience, as long as the mission was accomplished.

Roc
04-28-2012, 10:08 PM
You can leave any dungeon at any time. You do not need to use the glyph to exit a dungeon. Click on Menu then Maps. It will ask you for confirmation to leave. Don't worry, once back on the map screen, you will see the completed gold coin icon on top of that dungeon, ready to be turned in at your convenience, as long as the mission was accomplished.

oooooooooooo I didn't know that! Thanks :) (I've been so paranoid about wasting energy I haven't tried that before!) But I still think it's reasonable to expect the glyph to not be affected by trails of fire. I feel like it breaks continuity when, should I wish to go the to the next level directly from the map I'm on, I have to step into flame trails.

Flippys
04-28-2012, 11:48 PM
I agree with what you're saying. And I do like the suggestions from the OP.

However, I have 30+ years of experience from D&D, which puts me into a slight dilema. Just because the spell caster is now dead, it does not effect his spells casted while alive. When he casted the spell 'Wall of Fire", it has rules to follow like range, damage, duration. Whether the caster leaves the room or dies, the duration was set when the spell was casted. The same applies to debuff spells casted upon players. The duration of that 'Curse' spell was set when it was cast.

Now what I would add to the OP, is when you step into the glyph and stand still and the leaving indicator bar appears and begins moving, is that the player becomes ethereal. And once a player has become ethereal, that Wall of Fire or Curse would no longer affect them. I'm suggesting this as there still could be monsters alive with the glyph present. And some people like to finish them off and sometimes that fight is standing over the glyph. Under the OP suggustion, this would give an unfair advantage to a player standing in the glyph that is fighting a monster.

With my add on, now a player who wishes to exit, can do so unharmed once the indicator starts, or the player who wishes to continue to fight, will do so with all spells in effect until the duration runs out.

Fyrce
04-29-2012, 12:10 AM
Well, they are witches and wizards and evil mumbo-jumbo types. Not sure there's such a thing as a safe glyph from those things. :P

Shuri
04-29-2012, 04:14 AM
This is how I always die. I think I'm "Safe" and I usually kill the boss with low HP anyway but having it still tick at me while I'm leaving and I get a "Respawn" Screen it annoys me I don't want to be popping 2 - 4 bloodpacks just to counter it when I can't feed off nothing because everything's dead! Either make it when the boss is dead the harmful buffs go away or when on the glyph itself you take no damage at all ._. ty fyrce ily for bringing this up.

Roc
04-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Now what I would add to the OP, is when you step into the glyph and stand still and the leaving indicator bar appears and begins moving, is that the player becomes ethereal. And once a player has become ethereal, that Wall of Fire or Curse would no longer affect them. I'm suggesting this as there still could be monsters alive with the glyph present. And some people like to finish them off and sometimes that fight is standing over the glyph. Under the OP suggustion, this would give an unfair advantage to a player standing in the glyph that is fighting a monster.

With my add on, now a player who wishes to exit, can do so unharmed once the indicator starts, or the player who wishes to continue to fight, will do so with all spells in effect until the duration runs out.

I definitely agree with this suggestion of ethereal-ness because I feel that some of those negative effects can take big chunks out of the health bar at a time (for instance, the fire buff one of the wolf bosses gives) and that while I'm waiting to leave I sometimes have to use a blood pack just to stay alive long enough to exit the level! (that is, if I don't exit back to the map then collect the reward).

I also forgot about the whole "glyph appearing before all the enemies are dead" thing as I'm so used to clearing in attempts to get more gems and kills~

Concerning having no protection from the mumbo-jumbo ;) , I like to think my vamp has lived long enough to have some mumbo-jumbo of my own, such as summoning a mystical glyph to take me home again haha.

bronislav84
04-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Agree.

You should be invincible and debuff-less after boss and/or all enemies die.