PDA

View Full Version : New and a bit frustrated

jenna
04-28-2012, 08:02 PM
I downloaded Pocket Legends the other day after having so much fun playing Dark Legends and I'm finding doing quests in PL a bit frustrating due to the fact that the quests are basically located in the dungeons. I feel like I'm forced to group. I wandered off yesterday on the quest to light the tortures and someone else in the group asked, "where are you going?". To light the torches! Because if I don't light them now and we finish the level I get the pop-up box with the Return to Town option (or go to next level) that completely obscures the the environment (I'm on an Evo) and there doesn't seem to be a way to dismiss that and just go on and complete the tasks for that level.

Any advice? I'd like to enjoy this game, but right now i"m just a bit frustrated with it. Is it just not for me if I prefer to solo some stuff?

plmafiaboss
04-28-2012, 08:07 PM
In pocket legends doing quests isn't mandatory :p

No Rep Me!
04-28-2012, 08:07 PM
First off, WELCOME!
next,
Go with a group that understands what you want to do.
Solo,
Or host.
However most quests can be completed in a group.

Back
04-28-2012, 08:22 PM
You don't have to clear map everytime.. If your quest is complete then go to your "quest" tab. Completed quest will be highlighted with a green colour and just touch on "Tune-In" to go to quest giver and complete it.. You can do this anytime, anywhere..

Swampy
04-28-2012, 08:24 PM
I'd solo the campaigns a bit. Go at your own speed and kill everything!!

jenna
04-28-2012, 09:08 PM
My problem is that the quest isn't complete so I'd like to stay in that level and complete it. Doing the quests is what I like to do, but it seems like PL is more set up just to be fighting through the dungeons? I've never played an MMO before DL and that seems pretty different from the traditional type of MMO. I'm used to single player RPGs on console.

Edit: To solo, do I need to host with a password?

plmafiaboss
04-28-2012, 09:23 PM
My problem is that the quest isn't complete so I'd like to stay in that level and complete it. Doing the quests is what I like to do, but it seems like PL is more set up just to be fighting through the dungeons? I've never played an MMO before DL and that seems pretty different from the traditional type of MMO. I'm used to single player RPGs on console.

Edit: To solo, do I need to host with a password?if u don't want anyone to.join then yes

CodyBearr
04-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Hi there, if you want to do quests while leveling up go for it although most don't bother with quest unless the reward is an item

To host your own game and lock it, go to main menu, map, host game/new game, click the map and level you want then you can set a password under the picture of the level

Otukura
04-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Edit: To solo, do I need to host with a password?

or use "/boot <player name here> [Error 410: Game_Is_Biased_Against_You_Sorry]"

PL Playa
04-28-2012, 09:28 PM
If a game has opinions then it's the beginning of the end!!! :banana:

Appleisaac
04-28-2012, 11:09 PM
You can deffinatly complete that quest in a group :). From what I hear dl is very different from pl. In dl you need to Finnish quests in order to advance the gameplay;however, quests are just something to do if your bored in pl.

jenna
04-28-2012, 11:41 PM
Okay, thanks gang! Maybe I will try and not focus on the quests so much and just enjoy the combat.:) I'm sure they are all mostly fetch quests anyway, right? I can do the solo thing if I really want to get some done.

Fyrce
04-29-2012, 12:20 AM
You can complete the quest just by lighting the same torch over and over in different games. There are also two more torches in the next level, so you can also go on.

And of course, you can host your own game. As above, World Map, Host game, etc.

You can also join an almost finished game -- that level stays incomplete a lot because many people do not know to light the torches and give up on the million shadows they spawn. Maybe join a game with people at your level or lower, so they cannot kill the boss too fast and you can light the torches before the boss dies.

jenna
04-29-2012, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the tips, Fyrce!

I figured out what part of my problem was. I didn't understand that when you select "Go To" for a quest, the quest item might not be right in that level. It might be one or two levels away. Now that I have figured that out I will be a lot less frustrated lol. It was not clear at all that choosing "Next Level" would actually get me closer to completing my quest :)

Fyrce
04-29-2012, 06:59 AM
Glad you found us a little bit useful. I think that's the best part of these forums -- instant answers. You might consider reading through the history of PL as well, on these forums. You'll see lots of information on here.

Maybe start with the guides forum.

Appleisaac
04-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Yeah, :) there are a lot of great guides here. Before I found the forums, I was a bird dual speccing with str and int >_<

jenna
04-30-2012, 12:28 AM
Thanks, I'm definitely going to start reading the guides. You've all been a big help!

NECROREAPER
04-30-2012, 03:41 PM
If you need any more help be sure to ask, the forumers are very quick to respond and help.

If you need any help in game, don't hesitate to add my AoA, THEPUMPKING

Allisonk
07-03-2012, 06:13 AM
You can host a game and put in a password so nobody can enter but you :)

Allisonk
07-03-2012, 06:18 AM
Ahh I didn't read the comments, someone already put that, sorry. Lol :P

TrailBlazerz
07-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Firstly, you can Solo the level and go off on your own! (: or at the start of the forest haven level with the torches, you can hang back and re-light the torches over and over which still counts towards the quests!
Welcome to Pocket Legends!
Add me if you have any troubles and im always free to help out. [TrailBlazerz]