PDA

View Full Version : classic rock ie pink floyd ac/dc gnr

Rnrking
08-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Who hear listens to Pink Floyd, AC/DC, or GNR or any other classic rock greats like the doors or motley crue. Just curious cuz im a huge classic rock listener its actually verging on a obsession lol. ROCK OUT \m/

Kurlz
08-14-2010, 12:58 AM
used to be all i listened to...when i was like 9...and im only 18...lol

Rnrking
08-14-2010, 02:16 AM
So what happend whyd u stop rocking?

Kurlz
08-14-2010, 07:15 PM
didnt stop...jus listen to more of a variety now. classic rock, screamo, lttle bit if emo, punk, metal, rap (indie, no sellout rap like lil wayne), alt rock, a lot of stuff...lol...still, all time favorite classic rock song, Metallica, Enter Sandman

Violentsaint
08-14-2010, 07:35 PM
THUNDERSTUCK YEAH YEAH YEAH THUNDERSTRUCK!!!! \,,/,

lol ac/dc showed the world that aussies can rock too!

im mostly into metal, bands like system of a down, disturbed, lamb of god, As i lay Dying, Children Of Bodem, mudvayne etc

thats why i bought metal earphones!!!

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/violentsaint321/14167dc7.jpg

Rnrking
08-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Haha i so wanted to get the earphones but they cost way to much.
RIP bon scott we all miss you.
So violentsaint u got a fav. song or is it THUNDERSTRUCK?
What concerts u guys been to? i really wanted to see kid rock and bon jovie & roger waters in chicago but sadly they cost way to much $$$!

FluffNStuff
08-15-2010, 12:38 AM
I saw Kid Rock in Detroit. A great show, and the best place to see him.

Rnrking
08-15-2010, 12:43 AM
omg i wish i could of saw him. What songs did he have in his set-list?

Potawto
08-15-2010, 12:53 AM
THUNDERSTUCK YEAH YEAH YEAH THUNDERSTRUCK!!!! \,,/,

lol ac/dc showed the world that aussies can rock too!

im mostly into metal, bands like system of a down, disturbed, lamb of god, As i lay Dying, Children Of Bodem, mudvayne etc

thats why i bought metal earphones!!!

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/violentsaint321/14167dc7.jpg

As I lay dying FTMFW!!!!

Violentsaint
08-15-2010, 02:47 AM
As I lay dying FTMFW!!!!

as i lay dyings my favourite band of all time, i had the albums 'an ocean between us' and 'the powerless rise' and i just downloaded their other 2 older albums today and their freakin epic

love the song 94 hours!! and i love the song parellels off their new album.

bands ive seen live are:

evanescence, parkway drive, alexisonfire, AFI, Trivium and going to see Bullet for my valentine in september ;)

Potawto
08-15-2010, 05:17 AM
Yeah I love metal, metalcore, etc. It's my favorite music, plus Ive also learned some of aild's songs on guitar like: the sound of truth(an all time fave), an ocean between us, and a couple older ones.

Rnrking
08-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Hmms sounds like im going to have to listen to this "as i lay dying" since ive nvr even heard of them. Potawto u play guitar u got any tips for us noob guitar players? I can play a few intros, paint it black, moneytalks, aqualung, iron man, ect.

Potawto
08-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Guitar tips:

learn your scales
learn your chords
NEVER look at your pick hand
Get a guitar suited to your liking
learn to read music and tabs
practice techniques: sweeping, tapping, tremolo picking, palmuting, etc.
PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!
Have fun 

Snakespeare
08-16-2010, 04:39 PM
In '74 I was with some friends in a van with no windows and only a drivers seat - we didn't have a seatbelt law then - and heard Dark Side of the Moon, just the first tracks, then I had to go. But I stopped at the record store on the way home and bought it with dishwashing money, and Meddle and Atom Heart Mother. I have been a Roger Waters fan since. I have all Floyd albums, all their individual solo albums, rare live stuff, even his classical opera.

My other fave band from that era is Tull, and again I have everything possible to find.

So if you're a Floydian, here's to you!

Rnrking
08-16-2010, 05:15 PM
TO SNAKESPEAR:Rlly wow ya i would really like to buy the "oh by the way" boxset with all the albums but i havent been able to round up the money yet eventually ill get it. But i have listend to most of pink floyds cd's:the wall,dark side,animals,wish you were here,the final cut. So i take it Snake uve been to pink floyd or roger waters concerts too.
TO POTAWTO:Would you be able to direct me to a website where i can find some scales and techniques. Right now im just trying to learn different songs as best as i can since i cant afford lessons. And ya i started the bad habbit of looking at your fret hand but not so much my picking hand. im trying to break that habbit slowly though.

Potawto
08-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Sorry man, I took lessons so I wouldn't know a good site, but I would google scales and exercises and arpeggios. Scales are excellent for learning speed as are arpeggios. There is a guitar tab toolkit app for only 9.99 and it has some scales in it that are good for practice. Hope I helped!

Rnrking
08-16-2010, 06:40 PM
I actually have a tab app but its not the guitar tab toolkit. But ya right now i think the thing that i need the most is just practice. one question though i find it rlly hard to play without looking at the guitar neck and my freting hand any ideas of how to break that bad habbit?

Snakespeare
08-16-2010, 06:40 PM
I never took lessons, but I never got to be awesome, either, just a regular player. I learned by jamming with friends. I ended up learning my parts. Now I play bass mostly because that's what I know, learning my part and jamming.

I like Floyd's weird early stuff. I got them when I was 17. Piper, Saucerful, etc. It was a blue day when Syd passed. I got his weird solo stuff, too. I obsess, I guess. :)

edit: p.s. close your eyes

Rnrking
08-16-2010, 08:46 PM
ya ive nvr been a big syd fan i do respect for what he did for the pink floyd i just like the later stuff better. im more into their almost rock opera stuff like the wall and dark side. u seen pink floyd in concert?

ya im slowly starting to get better at playing guitar its just going to take me awhile. by the way how long did it take u to get good like better than before u started?