PDA

View Full Version : Tie shouldn't exist

umarrahim
04-08-2021, 03:06 PM
It's not very hard to make a system where tie can't happen, or with very little chance for them to happen.

It's good to avoid as much drama as possible, this always happens, isnt it about time it's stopped?

Like if blue eggs this event gave between 1-3 points, purp between 11-13 points randomly. Tieing would be very hard. Not difficult to code either.

Just run with all you got, with all your spirit, keep the leaderboard competitive. It's more fun if you are rewarded when you play with all that you got.

You could argue that lb is about trust and whatnot. To me lb is about competition where everyone try their best and those who tried the hardest gets rewarded.

It's just my opinion tho.

Sincerely,
Avta

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Undershooting
04-08-2021, 03:26 PM
It’s not worth losing at the end knowing you were just a few points off, so I think instead of doing that, Sts should set like a minimum point required for top spots so the players have to achieve that or above in order to qualify and tie, rather than the players themselves choosing a tie point which is dangerous

Scll
04-08-2021, 03:53 PM
+1 to tie shouldn't be a thing. Honor lb is a great example of preventing ties. U either get 15, 16 or 17 for a win.

Ilove_Poopoo
04-08-2021, 04:16 PM
+1 for randomized points.

It doesn't make sense how a top10 reward can be won by 30 or so players. It significantly degrades the exclusivity of the rewards.

It doesn't make sense how those who tie at the 10th place, essentially doing the bare minimum are still rewarded equally.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Spooked
04-08-2021, 04:48 PM
Randomized points wouldnt make tieing impossible, just harder
They could remove ties entirely, but why? In the end its at your own risk as weve seen with the warriors today.
It does take a slight competitive essence away from the event, but then again to reach a viable tie point most people wouldve grinded for a full week already, for countless hours.
In the end its all based on trust, do you trust the other(s) enough with all the effort you put in?

Advocacies
04-08-2021, 06:32 PM
+1 agree to this it's a competition people should be competitive for that spot just like irl racing you couldn't just agree and lower your speed then tie lmao

XxretepxX
04-08-2021, 06:57 PM
It doesnt make sense if a top "10" reward is given to 20 30 40 ect people

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Mojos
04-08-2021, 07:31 PM
+1 add system timestamp

Tampia
04-08-2021, 08:38 PM
In my opinion, it’s still depends on the player. It’s an online game trust who you want to trust and dont trust who you don’t want to trust. Get fooled or not, it’s still your actions at the end of the day. In essence, rely on someone who you want to rely but make sure you rely on someone you trust 100% And if you succeed on doing that...then Congrats...in the end it’s. still. All. Your. Decisionssss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

towd
04-08-2021, 11:16 PM
Die should exist

Drae12
04-08-2021, 11:27 PM
Then there shouldn’t be ties at top players also....

Kennethchiua
04-08-2021, 11:42 PM
+1 tie shouldn't exist

Sent from my MRD-LX2 using Tapatalk

towd
04-08-2021, 11:47 PM
Tie exists and it wont change

umarrahim
04-08-2021, 11:48 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCan't do anything about top players, I can't think of anything atm to stop ties.

And besides, it's not that the top players are actually trying to tie, they have done all the APs. That's all.

They can brink PvE kills into the equation, but that would just create more drama and discourage newer players to compete.

Drae12
04-08-2021, 11:50 PM
Can't do anything about top players, I can't think of anything atm to stop ties.

And besides, it's not that the top players are actually trying to tie, they have done all the APs. That's all.

They can brink PvE kills into the equation, but that would just create more drama and discourage newer players to compete.

Its up to players if they are going to tie with other players during the leaderboard events lol. They got the option not to tie and to tie.. its just the matter of how competitive you are...

umarrahim
04-08-2021, 11:55 PM
Its up to players if they are going to tie with other players during the leaderboard events lol. They got the option not to tie and to tie.. its just the matter of how competitive you are...

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWill u ask ur friend to answer wrong in exams so u can tie for the first place with him?

No, you encourage your friend to try their best, and you try ur best.

People are forced to tie now even if they don't want to. They don't want to anger every player out there, and risk losing trading and running opportunities.

It's unethical to tie on purpose, if it's accidental, the no problem, but on purpose it's bad.

Imagine 2 football teams keep tying on finals, how would u feel as a viewer lol.

Drae12
04-09-2021, 12:15 AM
Will u ask ur friend to answer wrong in exams so u can tie for the first place with him?

People are forced to tie now even if they don't want to. They don't want to anger every player out there, and risk losing trading and running opportunities.

It's unethical to tie on purpose, if it's accidental, the no problem, but on purpose it's bad.

Imagine 2 football teams keep tying on finals, how would u feel as a viewer lol.

We’re talking about competitions on Arcane Legends. It’s far different in sports or exams.

My point is, it’s either you risk trying to tie, or do your best to keep up your points. Ties happens because some lb players doesn’t have golds anymore to keep up their points, or they just dont want to spend more golds because they already spent a lot of it.

If you dont trust the players on the tie, then dont tie up with them, go ahead of them. That’s simple as that.

Archugejackmen
04-09-2021, 12:24 AM
“Pls remove ties it infuriates me”
- Non LB player, who comes back only during events and who quits after the first day
Point in case, let the LB players tie. Devs have already affirmed that they aren’t going to remove ties, so quit whining.

Drae12
04-09-2021, 12:25 AM
“Pls remove ties it infuriates me”
- Non LB player, who comes back only during events and who quits after the first day
Point in case, let the LB players tie. Devs have already affirmed that they aren’t going to remove ties, so quit whining.

Ikr

Oawaoebi
04-09-2021, 05:57 AM

You are right we should remove the app tie at 39.980

KAPPA

Oawaoebi
04-09-2021, 06:05 AM
Will u ask ur friend to answer wrong in exams so u can tie for the first place with him?

Bro you just started comparing real life with an MMORPG. Its a bit ridiculous how you compare it, but I understood your point. It is a difficult problem. When they remove tie and 2 players work really hard and both get same points in goblin event f.e. one get rewarded better than the other that's unfair bc of shorter name or whatever the condition is. Saying tying is at your own risk is the easiest way to escape an answer. Giving random points will be based on luck and we all know some are way luckier than others. I think a possibility is when everyday u stay in lb of an event and your points are not changing you get removed 5-10 points. Yes that's randomly and based on luck but player will be forced to play till the last day.

umarrahim
04-09-2021, 06:08 AM
Bro you just started comparing real life with an MMORPG. Its a bit ridiculous how you compare it, but I understood your point. It is a difficult problem. When they remove tie and 2 players work really hard and both get same points in goblin event f.e. one get rewarded better than the other that's unfair bc of shorter name or whatever the condition is. Saying tying is at your own risk is the easiest way to escape an answer. Giving random points will be based on luck and we all know some are way luckier than others. I think a possibility is when everyday u stay in lb of an event and your points are not changing you get removed 5-10 points. Yes that's randomly and based on luck but player will be forced to play till the last day.Not really, random points won't make a big difference.

Like if some has 2m points, and other has 1.999, opening the next green egg will either give them 1 or 2 points, if it's 1 point then tie, if 2 points then no tie.

Ppl will still be opening a lot of eggs, some may open less, yes. But atleast it will be more competitive.

Drae12
04-09-2021, 06:22 AM
Not really, random points won't make a big difference.

Like if some has 2m points, and other has 1.999, opening the next green egg will either give them 1 or 2 points, if it's 1 point then tie, if 2 points then no tie.

Ppl will still be opening a lot of eggs, some may open less, yes. But atleast it will be more competitive.

It makes no sense. You are only pointing on the arlorian egg hunt. But what about on the future events?

For sure you will say, do the same on every boss, different points on a single boss. What if a certain players does always have luck on getting the highest possible points on a single boss? Do you think it is fair for those who is not always lucky enough to get the highest points? It doesn’t really makes sense at all....

This is the example of what you are saying.

Player 1 (killed the event boss, and got 2 points by killing it)

Player 2 (killed the event boss, and only got 1 point on killing it)

Event if it’s just only a 1 point difference, its still gonna make a huge difference if you are going to make a 3k+ runs on the event.

Remiem just close the thread please. We all know that’s not gonna happen...

Statsonly
04-09-2021, 06:30 AM
@ the person who post the thread. Do you own 3-5 different top 10 sets, items or titles? If not, you have 0 say in this conversation.

Ilove_Poopoo
04-09-2021, 06:35 AM
It makes no sense. You are only pointing on the arlorian egg hunt. But what about on the future events?

For sure you will say, do the same on every boss, different points on a single boss. What if a certain players does always have luck on getting the highest possible points on a single boss? Do you think it is fair for those who is not always lucky enough to get the highest points? It doesn’t really makes sense at all....

This is the example of what you are saying.

Player 1 (killed the event boss, and got 2 points by killing it)

Player 2 (killed the event boss, and only got 1 point on killing it)

Event if it’s just only a 1 point difference, its still gonna make a huge difference if you are going to make a 3k+ runs on the event.

Remiem just close the thread please. We all know that’s not gonna happen...

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDecimal points...

This is how timed lb works already, such that the counting parameters is upto the thousandths place precision. And guess what, tieing only happens once in a blue moon.

For instance, boss would either credit 50.001 - 50.005 points when killed.

That way regardless whether you were "luckier" than others or not, it wouldn't matter since the accumulated randomized points is too miniscule.

Drae12
04-09-2021, 06:36 AM
@ the person who post the thread. Do you own 3-5 different top 10 sets, items or titles? If not, you have 0 say in this conversation.

I want to say this, but I’m not sure if he was been playing the lb events and getting the gold rewards..... he is so affected on what happened in the warrior leaderboard lol. Or maybe he got a friend who was affected.

I got friends too who was on that tie, what I did is, i cheered them up. I told them not to do ties anymore, because it is too risky. I feel sad too for my friends.

Ilove_Poopoo
04-09-2021, 06:59 AM
In general, it is up to the developers to decide the competitiveness aspect for every leader board.

Leaderboards such as - Swamp Temple, Honor Pvp, Timed and EvG are examples of either utilizing the randomized points or time based system, and leads to more competition for independent runners. Rewards for these aforementioned leader boards are also more exclusive then others and holds more merit.

But for the major and popular events, developers allow ties. My theory is it is much more profitable, since several more players will now be running for the biggest rewards.

But, that is where the flaw is to me - It doesn't make sense how 20 players settling low at the 10th place, doing the bare minimum, and still rewarded equally at the end.

You lose it all when the tie is unsuccessful. But when it does become successful, it's like a big punch in the face to the rest of the top10 players who ran an uncomparable amount more then those who tied.

umarrahim
04-09-2021, 07:07 AM
I want to say this, but I’m not sure if he was been playing the lb events and getting the gold rewards..... he is so affected on what happened in the warrior leaderboard lol. Or maybe he got a friend who was affected.

I got friends too who was on that tie, what I did is, i cheered them up. I told them not to do ties anymore, because it is too risky. I feel sad too for my friends.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSame happened to my friend, he is ready to quit the game.

I don't run lb, I would have if I didn't lose access to my old account due to email and stuff.

I like watching lb just like how people like watching sports.

Now how would u feel if 2 badminton player insist on tying, and never score a point? Not only that, it was planned, blatantly obvious.

Will this unethical behaviour cause them to get banned from ever playing in pro-scene, or would it be encouraged by everyone? You tell me.

In no competitive environment ever tying exist, none. DOTA, CSGO, Valorant, LoL. It doesn't exist in any of the top competitive game.

I play LoL, and the amounts of point you lose or gain are always random between a range, for example between 15-20.

And you know what would happen if people actually tried to tie? The whole community would screw them over, I don't get why some ppl are encouraging it in here.

LOL has top 200 player that are rewarded generously, and ties only rarely happen. And if they happen, they happen by chance, not planned.

Spooked
04-09-2021, 07:15 AM
In general, it is up to the developers to decide the competitiveness aspect for every leader board.

Leaderboards such as - Swamp Temple, Honor Pvp, Timed and EvG are examples of either utilizing the randomized points or time based system, and leads to more competition for independent runners. Rewards for these aforementioned leader boards are also more exclusive then others and holds more merit.

But for the major and popular events, developers allow ties. My theory is it is much more profitable, since several more players will now be running for the biggest rewards.

But, that is where the flaw is to me - It doesn't make sense how 20 players settling low at the 10th place, doing the bare minimum, and still rewarded equally at the end.

You lose it all when the tie is unsuccessful. But when it does become successful, it's like a big punch in the face to the rest of the top10 players who ran an uncomparable amount more then those who tied.

"Settling low" "bare minimum" youve lost the plot.
If its so easy why doesnt half the playerbase tie at top10?
Every top tie in history is based on countless of hours grinding every day regardless, settling down the second week is to keep it healthy.
How many leaderboards have you gotten yourself?

umarrahim
04-09-2021, 07:16 AM

Sent from my SM-N975F using TapatalkIt would be more profitable if they didn't allow tie, it would be more competitive, rewards would be more exclusive, people would be paying a lot more.

Drae12
04-09-2021, 07:17 AM
Same happened to my friend, he is ready to quit the game.

I don't run lb, I would have if I didn't lose access to my old account due to email and stuff.

I like watching lb just like how people like watching sports.

Now how would u feel if 2 badminton player insist on tying, and never score a point? Not only that, it was planned, blatantly obvious.

Will this unethical behaviour cause them to get banned from ever playing in pro-scene, or would it be encouraged by everyone? You tell me.

In no competitive environment ever tying exist, none. DOTA, CSGO, Valorant, LoL. It doesn't exist in any of the top competitive game.

I play LoL, and the amounts of point you lose or gain are always random between a range, for example between 15-20.

And you know what would happen if people actually tried to tie? The whole community would screw them over, I don't get why some ppl are encouraging it in here.

LOL has top 200 player that are rewarded generously, and ties only rarely happen. And if they happen, they happen by chance, not planned.

You keep comparing Arcane Legends on different games, sports etc..

Arcane Legends is MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game).
Dota and LoL is MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena).

CSGO and VALORANT is an FPS (First-person shooter).

Titanium
04-09-2021, 07:20 AM
My feelings are mixed regarding this topic.

Rather create another tier above platinum which takes considerable time to farm than having a leaderboard where people are getting taken off cause other players are getting greedy.

There are cases where people farm 12-16hours per day for 2 weeks. I don't know how healthy it is for everyone to run lb this much and not go for a walk or spend time with their family cause they have to maintain their leaderboard position.

umarrahim
04-09-2021, 07:21 AM
You keep comparing Arcane Legends on different games, sports etc..

Arcane Legends is MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game).
Dota and LoL is MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena).

CSGO and VALORANT is an FPS (First-person shooter).

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhat the have in common is competition, and tieing doesn't exist in healthy competition.

Peace.

Ilove_Poopoo
04-09-2021, 07:37 AM
"Settling low" "bare minimum" youve lost the plot.
If its so easy why doesnt half the playerbase tie at top10?
Every top tie in history is based on countless of hours grinding every day regardless, settling down the second week is to keep it healthy.
How many leaderboards have you gotten yourself?
Relative to the rest of the Top10, yes settling low doing the bare minimum.

I don't have to be in the leaderboard to observe the marginal gap of the ties at Top10 compared to the rest from #9 to #1, I could quickly glance at the lb and figure this out at ease,

Drae12
04-09-2021, 07:45 AM
The real problem on the warrior leaderboard last event is that they asked/accepted more players to tie up with them.

Imma give a little history last halloween event, where we only chose the trustworthy players. What we did is, we came up on the idea which is we will move our points everyday (but we are already tied) so the players behind us (we know they can catch up, thats why we kept on moving our points) won’t catch us up or ask us to tie with him/her because we cant trust those players behind us. We are not selfish, its just that we’re playing safe for our spot in gold rewards...

My point is, there will be no problem on ties unless you only choose the trustworthy players you want to include on your tie...

These players on this screenshot, they can be trusted when it comes to tie...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210409/1563105e1b69ce8d826e78d4b23efd9e.png

Statsonly
04-09-2021, 07:54 AM
My question here, y always warriors? We. Have no issue with rogues and mages during meade march event, i personally set the mage tie with two friends for others to get prices and we had little communication until day 14 and it all worked out.

umarrahim
04-09-2021, 07:56 AM
The real problem on the warrior leaderboard last event is that they asked/accepted more players to tie up with them.

Imma give a little history last halloween event, where we only chose the trustworthy players. What we did is, we came up on the idea which is we will move our points everyday (but we are already tied) so the players behind us (we know they can catch up, thats why we kept on moving our points) won’t catch us up or ask us to tie with him/her because we cant trust those players behind us. We are not selfish, its just that we’re playing safe for our spot in gold rewards...

My point is, there will be no problem on ties unless you only choose the trustworthy players you want to include on your tie...

These players on this screenshot, they can be trusted when it comes to tie...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210409/1563105e1b69ce8d826e78d4b23efd9e.png

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhat's the need for tie?

People should be ranked based on their effort, simple.

Everyone try their best, and those who tried the hardest get rewards.

Mcmikeguapo
04-09-2021, 08:04 AM
What's the need for tie?

Not the ones who try harder gets the top10, during the race winter event, there were a lot of party users while most of lbs were running in random like me, could even bet I’m in top3 fastest players but couldn’t get for those party users, at least 4 of the 10 spots were “cheaters” and didn’t deserve that spot, do you know how frustrating is know that you’re better and you get out because #FairPlay? Other reason to tie... the top10 player was asking me for 200M to tie btw...

dualray
04-09-2021, 08:20 AM
Most ridiculous and funny thing is the leader board says top ten, yet there can be over twenty, thirty of people on so called 'top ten', lmao.

Simple solution will be just add a time to the leader board, whoever get to the point first take the spot, anyone later get to the same point put to the next spot, etc.

Want to move spot higher just simply do another run and get more points.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Drae12
04-09-2021, 08:27 AM
What's the need for tie?

Is this for real?? Bruh. Common sense -_-

I’ll tell you another scenario. Let’s say you’re on top 5... and 3 of your good friends who had helped you with other things is on top 6,7, and 8 and the point difference is not really that far from your points. What will you do? You’re not gonna help them to get the gold rewards? What will you feel? If your friends who exerted so much efforts trying hard to get the gold rewards is only getting the silver rewards, while you getting the gold rewards.

XxretepxX
04-09-2021, 08:29 AM

I’ll tell you another scenario. Let’s say you’re on top 5... and 3 of your good friends who had helped you with other things is on top 6,7, and 8 and the point difference is not really that far from your points. What will you do? You’re not gonna help them to get the gold rewards? What will you feel? If your friends who exerted so much efforts trying hard to get the gold rewards is only getting the silver rewards, while you getting the gold rewards.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMight as well call it "Top leaderboard for me and all my friends" instead of top 10 and give the lb reward to eveyone

QuaseT
04-09-2021, 08:35 AM
+1 for removing ties

Top 5 should be top 5. First one who reaches the exact pointscount stays on top if its a tie.

umarrahim
04-09-2021, 08:39 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI tell my friends to try their best, and I try my best.

If my friends average score in class is slightly lower than mine, I won't score bad in finals so we can all get 1st place lol.

Those who try the hardest deserve more reward, period.

Statsonly
04-09-2021, 08:40 AM
Might as well call it "Top leaderboard for me and all my friends" instead of top 10 and give the lb reward to eveyone

Well that's the nature of the game, its competitive but also a fair play. I had no plans to tie in meade lb but i ran with other people for 7-9 days, would be unethical to deny them a tie with me

Statsonly
04-09-2021, 08:43 AM
+1 for removing ties

Top 5 should be top 5. First one who reaches the exact pointscount stays on top if its a tie.

How about a limit to top 5/10? To only allow 10 people to tie, so there's 20 rewards minimum

umarrahim
04-09-2021, 08:43 AM
Well that's the nature of the game, its competitive but also a fair play. I had no plans to tie in meade lb but i ran with other people for 7-9 days, would be unethical to deny them a tie with meIt's unethical for ask for ties, not deny ties, lol.

Lets say you are in a boxing match, you are better than the other person cuz u worked harder. Now what would u do if the other person asked for ties?

It's simple, those who work harder should be rewarded more.

Drae12
04-09-2021, 08:46 AM
I tell my friends to try their best, and I try my best.

If my friends average score in class is slightly lower than mine, I won't score bad in finals so we can all get 1st place lol.

Those who try the hardest deserve more reward, period.

What if they haven’t got enough kits anymore, or enough time to farm energy essence. Wont you consider it?

You keep comparing the game over the real life xD you’re hilarious. Hina ng comprehension.

Statsonly
04-09-2021, 08:48 AM
It's unethical for ask for ties, not deny ties, lol.

Lets say you are in a boxing match, you are better than the other person cuz u worked harder. Now what would u do if the other person asked for ties?

As the people before me said, don't compare al to anything else. Speaking about one topic specifically. Would u deny a person a tie who ran with u for 11 days no questions asked?

umarrahim
04-09-2021, 08:57 AM
What if they haven’t got enough kits anymore, or enough time to farm energy essence. Wont you consider it?

You keep comparing the game over the real life xD you’re hilarious. Hina ng comprehension.

Tieing shouldn't possible to begin with, so this situation doesn't arise.

umarrahim
04-09-2021, 09:01 AM
As the people before me said, don't compare al to anything else. Speaking about one topic specifically. Would u deny a person a tie who ran with u for 11 days no questions asked?That's why I said points should be slightly random, even by decimal places.

It's not about denying ties, it should not even be possible to even tie.

I wouldn't deny the tie, that would be rude of me. If tieing didn't exist, then it would be all good.

Drae12
04-09-2021, 09:13 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210409/1036806c2062d2b5dffdb448361644f7.jpg

Tampia
04-09-2021, 09:21 AM
Overall....it’s still the players decision [emoji6] you want to be in Leaderboard then be there....it’s no one’s fault if you tie with someone when you know you’re risking your hardwork and effort in the first place. A tie is not planned by the game[emoji6] it’s planned by you and other players

This thread is hilarious......it’s like telling Sts not to have the same Stats players to players because it’s “unfair”🥲

Tampia
04-09-2021, 09:34 AM
Tieing shouldn't possible to begin with, so this situation doesn't arise.

People that want to go LB trying to have an easy life and relying their hardwork on someone shouldn’t exist so this situation doesn’t arise lol. Players are easy to fool in this game someone broke a tie it’s a shame But it’s not like they scammed you or stole something from you[emoji1787] it’s your fault in the beginning for trusting someone you don’t even know in an online game[emoji3061]

Planned on having a tie or no...you’re still at risk cuz a person’s mind could always changed with a snap of a finger....and you knew you were at risk even before you guys planned on having a tie lol.

It’s like jumping off of a building and telling the person below to catch you with barehands AND you still jumped[emoji1787]

umarrahim
04-09-2021, 10:18 AM
Overall....it’s still the players decision [emoji6] you want to be in Leaderboard then be there....it’s no one’s fault if you tie with someone when you know you’re risking your hardwork and effort in the first place. A tie is not planned by the game[emoji6] it’s planned by you and other players

This thread is hilarious......it’s like telling Sts not to have the same Stats players to players because it’s “unfair”🥲

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI don't think u get the point? Why is there a need for a tie to begin with?

In no other competitive game I have seen this. It's leaderboard, where people compete with all they got.

If person A doesn't wanna put effort, you think he should ask everyone else to just go for a tie?

Just like someone suggested, they can add decimal places to points which are random between 0.05-0.08, and decimal points stay hidden.

Then tieing wouldn't be possible.

Again, this is not about trust or no trust. Top 25 spots should be for only top 25 players lol.

Kennethchiua
04-09-2021, 11:37 AM
It is not about Trust and not to. If they decided to manipulate and duplicate the rewards, they will. I agree that its only for 25 players per classes. That's the reason why these lb event are one of the others reason why they are willing to compete aside from rewards, than duplicating it. Also the lb vanities will become more limited and such a good thing to wear.

Sent from my vivo 1811 using Tapatalk

Tampia
04-09-2021, 11:54 AM
I don't think u get the point? Why is there a need for a tie to begin with?

In no other competitive game I have seen this. It's leaderboard, where people compete with all they got.

If person A doesn't wanna put effort, you think he should ask everyone else to just go for a tie?

Just like someone suggested, they can add decimal places to points which are random between 0.05-0.08, and decimal points stay hidden.

Then tieing wouldn't be possible.

Again, this is not about trust or no trust. Top 25 spots should be for only top 25 players lol.

Yeah like what you said, “why is there a need for a tie to begin with?” Do you even get what you said? A tie is set by a player...the system doesn’t care if you tie or not that’s why the Lb points are unlimited. Why would you tie with someone if you know you’re at risk. Tf common sense.

Drae12
04-09-2021, 12:28 PM
Yeah like what you said, “why is there a need for a tie to begin with?” Do you even get what you said? A tie is set by a player...the system doesn’t care if you tie or not that’s why the Lb points are unlimited. Why would you tie with someone if you know you’re at risk. Tf common sense.

I tried hard to explain it for this guy lol. He still can’t understand it. If i were you, im just gonna stop explaining.... What you’ll only hear from this guy is comparing Arcane Legend’s Competition into school, sports and other games.

Repent
04-09-2021, 02:10 PM
Lol, if you are choosing to tie then you are also at choosing to place your trust in someone else to uphold their end. Tbh I have learned in games especially mmorpg games you can't trust just anyone. It sucks that people can't be trusted but that just happens sorry if it happened to you in a lb event. But honestly idc maybe instead of trying to tie just work as hard as you can and secure a top spot that can't be taken away by some people who go back on their words. This is an old and pointless argument just stop wasting time complaining about these things YOU are the one at fault for trusting someone else's words nobody else.
-Atoned/exfil

Spooked
04-09-2021, 02:18 PM
It's unethical for ask for ties, not deny ties, lol.

You keep comparing things that have no relation to the subject whatsoever its baffling

Ckash
04-09-2021, 05:52 PM
Top rewards should be for the top players and a set limit at that.

Switchback
04-09-2021, 06:11 PM
What about people that just run lb for the awards and never consider going for a tie. Now their stuff isnt as rare ect because u got 20 people getting it instead of 10. Thats the worst part about it, and ties should not be allowed.

BaronB
04-09-2021, 07:16 PM
ahhh oh dear >.<

Everyones been posting this and that but at the end of it all there is only really 2 truths here.

1. In reality there isn't anything wrong with the leaderboards.

2. Only issue here really is yourselves.

(before people get annoyed or salty reading that please read on a bit more)

The reason for the 2 truths above is this, let's say I actually one day choose to get focused, committed, and push through with sheer will and get to 1st position during an event leaderboard. Then I get a pm/housemail from someone who happens to also manage to do exactly the same saying...

"hello bud, we've both tied for 1st position so how about we stop running so we both get 1st"

Now the leaderboard isn't broken because it's representing the effort(of course be it running or paying w/e) that was needed just to get up there. If someone else besides myself has done exactly the same whos to deny them their efforts just because it was a day or two late ?

Why even the top player leaderboards as mentioned already here are fine as it shows everyone who simply made the effort to gain all the apps.

So leaderboards are fine, on to the 2nd truth...

That message I received about tieing for 1st position... I could choose to accept and stop running so we both run, or I take it upon myself to run that much more to make sure I do finish 1st.

Now if I did accept, just like the person messaging me... what guarantees is there that neither of us won't run more? maybe I got the pm to stop me running so I could be overtaken? maybe it is a genuine person?

It all boils down to a gamble.

You could win a friend for the next run or you might lose your leaderboard position that you worked so hard for.

No one is obligated to have to tie with anyone, could call it simply a nice thing to do but at the end of the day but it doesn't mean your not a nice person just because you choose to not tie and want to bear the fruits of your own labor.

So if a gamble didn't work out, bite the bullet, accept your losses and make it be a lesson learned.

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me

So stop wasting your energy on the bad and put it to use on the good ^.^

1 <3

Drae12
04-09-2021, 08:08 PM
ahhh oh dear >.<

Everyones been posting this and that but at the end of it all there is only really 2 truths here.

1. In reality there isn't anything wrong with the leaderboards.

2. Only issue here really is yourselves.

(before people get annoyed or salty reading that please read on a bit more)

The reason for the 2 truths above is this, let's say I actually one day choose to get focused, committed, and push through with sheer will and get to 1st position during an event leaderboard. Then I get a pm/housemail from someone who happens to also manage to do exactly the same saying...

"hello bud, we've both tied for 1st position so how about we stop running so we both get 1st"

Now the leaderboard isn't broken because it's representing the effort(of course be it running or paying w/e) that was needed just to get up there. If someone else besides myself has done exactly the same whos to deny them their efforts just because it was a day or two late ?

Why even the top player leaderboards as mentioned already here are fine as it shows everyone who simply made the effort to gain all the apps.

So leaderboards are fine, on to the 2nd truth...

That message I received about tieing for 1st position... I could choose to accept and stop running so we both run, or I take it upon myself to run that much more to make sure I do finish 1st.

Now if I did accept, just like the person messaging me... what guarantees is there that neither of us won't run more? maybe I got the pm to stop me running so I could be overtaken? maybe it is a genuine person?

It all boils down to a gamble.

You could win a friend for the next run or you might lose your leaderboard position that you worked so hard for.

No one is obligated to have to tie with anyone, could call it simply a nice thing to do but at the end of the day but it doesn't mean your not a nice person just because you choose to not tie and want to bear the fruits of your own labor.

So if a gamble didn't work out, bite the bullet, accept your losses and make it be a lesson learned.

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me

So stop wasting your energy on the bad and put it to use on the good ^.^

1 <3

Very well said Boss B!

Kennethchiua
04-09-2021, 09:24 PM
Its not just that. This is an issue needed to fix. The excitement for the leaderboards is one what we need to admit that through time it is fading.

BaronB
04-09-2021, 09:52 PM
Its not just that. This is an issue needed to fix. The excitement for the leaderboards is one what we need to admit that through time it is fading.

The only "issue that needed fixing" is next time someone pms you saying "oh do you want to tie" just say no.

The only legit argument would be to have "first come first serve" for event leaderboards however what if someone gets a head start because I live in a timezone where getting online start of an event would be at like 2-5am for me?

Not fair. so that's the issue with that so no good.

There is plenty of excitement for leaderboards, if not then no one would bother reading this thread.

Drae12
04-09-2021, 11:43 PM

It has been like that since the beginning. There’s nothing to fix lol🥱

Repent
04-09-2021, 11:52 PM
I find it amusing that most people posting on this thread don't run lb events, yes there are some but I don't see the lb players complaining. Why complain if you aren't competing grow up a little ;)
-Atoned

Svvords
04-10-2021, 03:13 AM
this crusade of eliminating ties keeps popping up post event, if you’re too keen on a “no ties” stand, just make sure to be there every event with your “no ties” pals and crash their party. If you’re not running for LB, the nice thing to do is quit whining and let the LB peeps decide what they wanna do. If sts allows ties, it follows that tieing is not “unethical”. If other games does not allow ties, you cant use that as a standard and impose the same on AL. AL is NOT the other games.

Drae12
04-10-2021, 07:13 AM
this crusade of eliminating ties keeps popping up post event, if you’re too keen on a “no ties” stand, just make sure to be there every event with your “no ties” pals and crash their party. If you’re not running for LB, the nice thing to do is quit whining and let the LB peeps decide what they wanna do. If sts allows ties, it follows that tieing is not “unethical”. If other games does not allow ties, you cant use that as a standard and impose the same on AL. AL is NOT the other games.

Very well said papi! I hope the thread maker finally understand the point that AL is AL, dont compare it to real life situations or in any other games...

umarrahim
04-10-2021, 08:14 AM
The only "issue that needed fixing" is next time someone pms you saying "oh do you want to tie" just say no.

The only legit argument would be to have "first come first serve" for event leaderboards however what if someone gets a head start because I live in a timezone where getting online start of an event would be at like 2-5am for me?

Not fair. so that's the issue with that so no good.

There is plenty of excitement for leaderboards, if not then no one would bother reading this thread.It has been mentioned to add hidden random decimal places to points.

They would be so small that it won't affect your points much.

If someone has 200.0008 points, and the person below him has 200.0007 points, the person above would be ahead in ranking. Only 200 would be shown, but they won't be tied.

If the person below gets more points, he would jump ahead. There's no way they can tie.

Spooked
04-10-2021, 09:09 AM

Fading for who exactly? I already know of 8 others that i met last week who are contesting the next lb top10.
Not sure who youre aiming at here, leaderboards are becoming harder and more contested especially over the last few events.

Spooked
04-10-2021, 09:11 AM
It has been mentioned to add hidden random decimal places to points.

They would be so small that it won't affect your points much.

If someone has 200.0008 points, and the person below him has 200.0007 points, the person above would be ahead in ranking. Only 200 would be shown, but they won't be tied.

If the person below gets more points, he would jump ahead. There's no way they can tie.

It would still show on the leaderboard who is in the top10 thus making it possible for the people who want to tie to keep opening until theyre all tied, will take longer, even days, but wont stop anyone-

Tampia
04-10-2021, 09:25 AM
It would still show on the leaderboard who is in the top10 thus making it possible for the people who want to tie to keep opening until theyre all tied, will take longer, even days, but wont stop anyone-

Well said. I Tried explaining to that guy but he never understood

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ilove_Poopoo
04-10-2021, 10:00 AM
It would still show on the leaderboard who is in the top10 thus making it possible for the people who want to tie to keep opening until theyre all tied, will take longer, even days, but wont stop anyone-How exactly could you tell.

That is as absurd as deliberately tieing with someone in timed lb or in swamp temple, except harder since the precision is upto the ten thousandths place, hidden from the players and every egg/boss provides randomized points.

Undershooting
04-10-2021, 10:14 AM
This only reason this tie broke is, warriors points were well below the standards of top 10 which way too many warriors were on the same points, if you look at mages and rogues, it was slightly higher which made it harder for lots of people to reach to that point.

umarrahim
04-10-2021, 10:16 AM
This only reason this tie broke is, warriors points were well below the standards of top 10 which way too many warriors were on the same points, if you look at mages and rogues, it was slightly higher which made it harder for lots of people to reach to that point.It's not about trust or no trust or points.

There's no need for ties, top 50 spots should only be for top 50 players. No ties

Its not that hard to implement either.

They just need to add hidden random decimal places to the points.

For example:

Green Eggs give points between 1.0005-1.0009 randomly.

The decimal places aren't shown to players, but they make an impact of rankings.

This way players can't tie.

Alghost
04-10-2021, 10:20 AM
Ties shouldn’t be allowed in a competitive event. Top 10 is top 10, not top 40-30. Just because STS allows it doesn’t make it right. Lol if top 10 rewards go to 30-40 players, then what is the point of top 25-50 rewards??? If this is the case STS should just remove too 25-50 rewards, they’re useless if everyone just ties.

BaronB
04-10-2021, 11:12 AM
Here is another example for all those posting "ties shouldn't exist"

As mentioned its not a good comparison to compare AL to things like sports because those are directly player vs player events

Also they would be competing in the same time zones... When have you ever heard of the Olympics being held in multiple countries or people from different countries not actually running along side each other on the same track?

If you want to compare the AL leaderboards to anything its best comparison would be say another game as similar as possible. The largest and best comparison that comes to mind would be "World of Warcraft".

World of Warcraft doesn't even have a leaderboard for PVE related activities in the game. The only leaderboard they seem to have is for Player vs Player Arenas.

So if anything having a leaderboard for PvE is an added bonus given to us in this game, and to save having to make sure everyone has to be playing same time, its enabled so person A from 1 side of the world can get to #1 just the same as person B whos on the other side of the world.

The reason these posts have come up before (rarely) and also why its being talked about again now is because as most are aware a "agreed upon" tie by several warriors was broken by 1 person.

You don't need to add decimal points to scores to try to make it random.

Just need to farm more points than the person next to you or if you happen to be running with a friend you've made who lives other side of the world then you can also do it together. Which if I'm not mistaken is half the point of this game... being social.

This is essentially a thread about being upset a tie was broken.

As I've already said, bite the bullet and let it be a lesson learned.

Next event make sure you secure your position on that leaderboard without holding back!

Simple.

So let's just be grateful the opportunity/option is there to be able to achieve a leaderboard on events with friends IF WE CHOOSE TO. If you choose to do it alone that's great too either way you'll be winning but don't try to get the freedom of choice we have taken away because we're feeling salty over being tricked.

1 <3

edit :

Just to make it more clear WoW is the best comparison, besides the PVP leaderboards they have, do they also have a PvE leaderboard yes... which is for the overall top players... exactly like we have here in AL... and have a look at it yourselves and see if there's any ties or not...

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pve-stats/best-players

umarrahim
04-10-2021, 11:19 AM
Here is another example for all those posting "ties shouldn't exist"

As mentioned its not a good comparison to compare AL to things like sports because those are directly player vs player events

Also they would be competing in the same time zones... When have you ever heard of the Olympics being held in multiple countries or people from different countries not actually running along side each other on the same track?

If you want to compare the AL leaderboards to anything its best comparison would be say another game as similar as possible. The largest and best comparison that comes to mind would be "World of Warcraft".

World of Warcraft doesn't even have a leaderboard for PVE related activities in the game. The only leaderboard they seem to have is for Player vs Player Arenas.

So if anything having a leaderboard for PvE is an added bonus given to us in this game, and to save having to make sure everyone has to be playing same time, its enabled so person A from 1 side of the world can get to #1 just the same as person B whos on the other side of the world.

The reason these posts have come up before (rarely) and also why its being talked about again now is because as most are aware a "agreed upon" tie by several warriors was broken by 1 person.

You don't need to add decimal points to scores to try to make it random.

Just need to farm more points than the person next to you or if you happen to be running with a friend you've made who lives other side of the world then you can also do it together. Which if I'm not mistaken is half the point of this game... being social.

This is essentially a thread about being upset a tie was broken.

As I've already said, bite the bullet and let it be a lesson learned.

Next event make sure you secure your position on that leaderboard without holding back!

Simple.

So let's just be grateful the opportunity/option is there to be able to achieve a leaderboard on events with friends IF WE CHOOSE TO. If you choose to do it alone that's great too either way you'll be winning but don't try to get the freedom of choice we have taken away because we're feeling salty over being tricked.

1 <3

edit :

Just to make it more clear WoW is the best comparison, besides the PVP leaderboards they have, do they also have a PvE leaderboard yes... which is for the overall top players... exactly like we have here in AL... and have a look at it yourselves and see if there's any ties or not...

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pve-stats/best-playersIt's plain and simple Baron.

Top 25 spots should be for 25 people, not 50 people.

Cheers.

BaronB
04-10-2021, 12:03 PM
It's plain and simple Baron.

Top 25 spots should be for 25 people, not 50 people.

Cheers.

Yeah and if you got X amount of points to get to 25th...

Next day when you go to sleep and some else wakes up and gets exactly the same amount of points to be 25th...

You can either choose to run so you over take them so you finish 25th an they finish 26th, or you stop running or come to a agreement and you might both finish 25th or he/she will over take you and youll be 26th instead.

Plain and simple isnt it ?

*sips tea*

Alghost
04-10-2021, 12:12 PM
Ties shouldn’t be allowed in a competitive event. Top 10 is top 10, not top 40-30. Just because STS allows it doesn’t make it right. Lol if top 10 rewards go to 30-40 players, then what is the point of top 25-50 rewards??? If this is the case STS should just remove too 25-50 rewards, they’re useless if everyone just ties.

Next day when you go to sleep and some else wakes up and gets exactly the same amount of points to be 25th...

You can either choose to run so you over take them so you finish 25th an they finish 26th, or you stop running or come to a agreement and you might both finish 25th or he/she will over take you and youll be 26th instead.

*sips tea*

*Slaps face* pay attention.

Drae12
04-10-2021, 12:15 PM
It's not about trust or no trust or points.

There's no need for ties, top 50 spots should only be for top 50 players. No ties

Its not that hard to implement either.

They just need to add hidden random decimal places to the points.

For example:

Green Eggs give points between 1.0005-1.0009 randomly.

The decimal places aren't shown to players, but they make an impact of rankings.

This way players can't tie.

You’re not even running for top 10[emoji28][emoji23]

I haven’t seen a war who had been affected of the broken tie last event complaining about removing the tie on the future events[emoji28]

If players doesnt wanna accept ties, or to be on tie, then they can just keep on doing the event to keep up their points. It’s simple as that. There’s really no need to remove the tie.

Greazemk
04-10-2021, 12:35 PM
Funny that most of the time people who make these similar threads are not LB runners.

I don't see your point on why you people keep on insisting things like this even though you will not be affected in the first place.
This is so dumb. If this is your friend's problem why carry it on yours, it doesn't benefit you in any way you are just putting shame on yourself. :soap:

Ilove_Poopoo
04-10-2021, 12:57 PM
People fail to understand the substance of this thread. The reason ties must be removed is to suppress the act of deliberate ties.

For every event you would see several players join hands at 10th place. That also means duplicated rewards.

We are held at mercy from those who tie to decide the exclusiveness of the supposedly advertised "Top10 rewards".

Likewise, it persuades most of the Top9-1 to stop as well, why? Because it nullifies the point of running any further once you acknowledge several players at 10th place will stop running all together. Essentially lessens competition.

Switchback
04-10-2021, 01:05 PM
Funny that most of the time people who make these similar threads are not LB runners.

I don't see your point on why you people keep on insisting things like this even though you will not be affected in the first place.
This is so dumb. If this is your friend's problem why carry it on yours, it doesn't benefit you in any way you are just putting shame on yourself. :soap:

I have ran multiple leaderboards and don't think devaluing players lb rewards because a bunch of people wanna walk the line of exploiting the system is the way to handle this. Why should i run top ten if it isnt even accurate? Rarity drives the lb, and its getting spit on. I don't run anymore, its pointless when 2x the people are getting what's suppose to be exclusive.

It became "how many people can tie" over " who puts the most work in".

Tldr: dont run leaderboard if you want to have something special, because the rewards are losing their meaning and have been for a long time.

Spooked
04-10-2021, 02:00 PM
How exactly could you tell.

That is as absurd as deliberately tieing with someone in timed lb or in swamp temple, except harder since the precision is upto the ten thousandths place, hidden from the players and every egg/boss provides randomized points.

How could i tell? I take a peek on the leaderboard after every open until i tied.
Leaderboard shows the spots people are in, dont think this is any new news for you?

Wether we have hidden values or not, the leaderboard will still show who has more points than the other and wether someone is tied. Hidden values or not

This is not rocket science people

Spooked
04-10-2021, 02:04 PM
I have ran multiple leaderboards and don't think devaluing players lb rewards because a bunch of people wanna walk the line of exploiting the system is the way to handle this. Why should i run top ten if it isnt even accurate? Rarity drives the lb, and its getting spit on. I don't run anymore, its pointless when 2x the people are getting what's suppose to be exclusive.

It became "how many people can tie" over " who puts the most work in".

Tldr: dont run leaderboard if you want to have something special, because the rewards are losing their meaning and have been for a long time.

Kind of funny how you state leaderboard rewards are losing their meaning and specialty as time goes on, even as though they become rarer overtime.

Either way, 25 people with a top10 vanity is still 25 people with a vanity thousands of others playing the same class dont have and will never get.
That still qualifies as “special and exclusive” to me.

To add to that, implying its not special and exclusive is a bit selfish.
Even if a lb vanity i have has 200 other owners, its still special to ME
I myself dont run and tie on lb because i want other people to drool over my “special and exclusive” vanity, i run and tie because i like the vanity myself.
If you only run lb so you can show off how special and exclusive you are, kinda sad.

XxretepxX
04-10-2021, 05:17 PM
If you only run lb so you can show off how special and exclusive you are, kinda sad.

Lol^^^

Switchback
04-10-2021, 05:43 PM
Kind of funny how you state leaderboard rewards are losing their meaning and specialty as time goes on, even as though they become rarer overtime.

Either way, 25 people with a top10 vanity is still 25 people with a vanity thousands of others playing the same class dont have and will never get.
That still qualifies as “special and exclusive” to me.

To add to that, implying its not special and exclusive is a bit selfish.
Even if a lb vanity i have has 200 other owners, its still special to ME
I myself dont run and tie on lb because i want other people to drool over my “special and exclusive” vanity, i run and tie because i like the vanity myself.

please explain how something gets rarer when more are added to the game. To the children calling it kinda sad that people want exclusive and rare items, you do understand that's the only reason this game is still available. If Lb spots were more heavily exploited, ties wouldn't be a thing. Regardless, i think the main goal right now is keeping the lights on so none of this matters anyays.

Verbie
04-10-2021, 06:03 PM
Just so you guys know, ties were eliminated for a brief period about two years ago.

Complaints of the removal probably brought them back.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Spooked
04-10-2021, 06:10 PM
please explain how something gets rarer when more are added to the game. To the children calling it kinda sad that people want exclusive and rare items, you do understand that's the only reason this game is still available. If Lb spots were more heavily exploited, ties wouldn't be a thing. Regardless, i think the main goal right now is keeping the lights on so none of this matters anyays.

Dont think ive said that?
The vanity pieces become rarer overtime, as owners stop playing or disappear for other reasons.
I said this to imply saying lb rewards are becoming more meaningless as time goes on is quite a far stretch.

Again, not saying its sad to want exclusive items, but if youre only running leaderboard so you can show it off to others how exclusive you are, yes thats kinda sad you rely on attention in a game so much.
And i stand by that point not only for leaderboard rewards, but in general aswell, dont feel like i have to go on a rant explaining why i think of it this way.

Honestly doubting if youve read what i said at all

THE GOLDEN KING
04-10-2021, 06:54 PM
Instead of everyone blindly swinging around their pitch forks and lighting themselves on fire with their own torches for something that shouldn’t even matter... since ties have been a thing since the beginning of this game...

STS should put all their effort and time and go full throttle on expansion since this expansion (1 year and half+ in the making) will decide what path STS takes for their game. Since this expansion is said to be the best one yet and leave any previous expansion in the dust. We should all stop fighting EACHOTHER and join forces to fight the real enemy! The one underwater enemy that is .... .....! And defeat said enemy with the power of not just teamwork but that of friendship!

In simpler terms... Let STS focus expansion, agree to disagree on ties and prepare for level 81 expansion.

Redjellydonut
04-10-2021, 07:43 PM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] so many people passionate about tie. 90% of these people doesnt event run top 10 lbs [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Keep the tie. At your own risk. [emoji2371] If u dont like it and u dont run top 10s then i would suggest you try it once first.

towd
04-10-2021, 07:48 PM
Guys who complain about the tie are so freakin dumb blame the person who broke the tie not the freaking game stupid

Drae12
04-10-2021, 08:37 PM
Dont think ive said that?
The vanity pieces become rarer overtime, as owners stop playing or disappear for other reasons.
I said this to imply saying lb rewards are becoming more meaningless as time goes on is quite a far stretch.

Again, not saying its sad to want exclusive items, but if youre only running leaderboard so you can show it off to others how exclusive you are, yes thats kinda sad you rely on attention in a game so much.
And i stand by that point not only for leaderboard rewards, but in general aswell, dont feel like i have to go on a rant explaining why i think of it this way.

Honestly doubting if youve read what i said at all

Plus the extra 5-10 lb vanities isnt that much to become “none rare”.

Drae12
04-10-2021, 08:39 PM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] so many people passionate about tie. 90% of these people doesnt event run top 10 lbs [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Keep the tie. At your own risk. [emoji2371] If u dont like it and u dont run top 10s then i would suggest you try it once first.

Hahahaha true they got so much complains than the lb runners wth[emoji28][emoji23]

umarrahim
04-11-2021, 01:09 AM
Guys who complain about the tie are so freakin dumb blame the person who broke the tie not the freaking game stupid

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIt's not about breaking ties, it's about ties not existing.

Top 25 rewards for 25 players, not 50 players.

Whoever tries the hardest gets em, simple.

Pac
04-11-2021, 01:11 AM
Lol

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

umarrahim
04-11-2021, 01:11 AM

*sips tea*Well, whoever ends up higher spent more time playing. Meaning he deserved the reward more.

Cheers.

Kennethchiua
04-11-2021, 03:03 AM
This is the thing that I wanna suggest. Tieing is okay with the fixed leader boards competitions like: top players, runners, top pvp. In terms of Ocassional Leader board Events, I suggest not to tie at all even if they have same exact points at all so that they will still compete to each other as whom deserved top positions. Example,
Top 1 and 2 got the same points (exactly the same) but one is randomly put as the top 1 and top 2. What they will do after? Compete until who's deserving for the 1st. Therefore, competitions will be more intense than ever and also have a limited lb rewards than manipulating it with others. Yes! Trust no one but you did know they can do it! They can do manipulation as you witnessed it in other events. They tend to do tieing to duplicate lb rewards with their friends or guildies aren't they? Have fun with the game also be one of the people who choose which is better. Peace guys! :)

Sent from my MRD-LX2 using Tapatalk

QuaseT
04-11-2021, 05:39 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAn actual decent top 10 reward, for 10 players, not 20 and I would go for event lb aswell. But its just not attractive anymore if you see lbs lately.

RedeZy
04-11-2021, 06:22 AM
Ive run many top 10 lbs, including this years easter. I can honestly say right now that going into every event there will be a tie. There was ties in the 2014 and 2016 events as well, im sorry but this thread is useless so many of these threads have been made but sts wont remove ties, it just wont happen. If it bothers you so much then dont run lb its that simple this is rhe way the game works and has worked for a while it wont change anytime soon or at all. Like many have said most of the players here dont even run lb, as other lb runners like myself have mentioned in this chat they dont care about ties they run for themselves because they desire the rewards. It doesnt honestly bother me that 20 or 25 players will get a top 10 reward and im pretty sure it doesnt bother many lb players here because i can guarantee that if it was only 10 players and no tie was allowed then majority of the players wouldnt even be on the lb. A tie is a personal choice.

Spooked
04-11-2021, 07:16 AM
An actual decent top 10 reward, for 10 players, not 20 and I would go for event lb aswell. But its just not attractive anymore if you see lbs lately.

Not sure how to interpret this.
If you mean ties make lbs unattractive, its the complete opposite, and if you mean lbs are more unattractive lately because the rewards havent really been up there with the greats, i do agree with that even though its still all personal preference

BaronB
04-11-2021, 11:58 AM
It is a fair point to make about having the leaderboard prizes more "enticing"

As great of personal achievement, it is getting on to a leaderboard, it is also important to have the ability to "flaunt" your achievement along with or recoup some of the losses made from running.

End of the that that's what entices us to want to spend and run...
And that's what also helps put the gold in sts coffers which pays the bills to keep the game running...
Its own little ecosystem so to speak.

Cant be removing "ties" as its more of a morals/ethics/opinion judgement and not really a system flaw

Cant be removing prizes as defeats the whole purpose of wanting to run in the first place

Seems what the real issue is then that the leaderboard is lacking some "appeal" itself, sure there are people that will run as for some it isn't so much about the prizes but finishing top that counts but wanting to warrant investing the time into from making a fortune or after a vanity that is ever so more exclusive is also valid as those same people also help contribute to "Pay the bills".

It seems at the moment the leaderboards for events are separated by

top 5
top 25
top 50

that's also for each class...

Maybe would be better then to have it as

Top 3
Top 10
Top 25
Top 50

With there being an extra bracket then the prizes could also be filtered down more so if there is exclusive vanity for the top 3 it becomes a lot more exclusive along with harder to obtain, can still have the odd ties but think an idea like this seems a more logical approach then the old pitch forks and torches method that's been witnessed so far

1 <3

Edit :

I'm not actually all that familiar with event leaderboards but the quickest one I found was the Halloween 2020 event and use that as the example above

QuaseT
04-11-2021, 03:23 PM
Not sure how to interpret this.
If you mean ties make lbs unattractive, its the complete opposite, and if you mean lbs are more unattractive lately because the rewards havent really been up there with the greats, i do agree with that even though its still all personal preferenceI just mentioned that some people like myself dont run because there are no good-looking and exclusive rewards in lb. If there was a good set for 10 or less people Id run for it. While I understand that some prefer ties to spend less time and gold for the same prizes, I dont. I run lb for the competition, thats the fun part to me. I want to get my top 10 set for making it to top 10. And that means if I end up 11th I didnt try hard enough. Thats part of the reason why I stopped doing event lbs in 2016. I accept if you disagree. Would be weird if all agreed on this topic yet some tie and some dont.

Statsonly
04-11-2021, 03:59 PM
Sooo many passionate people here lmao, NON LB RUNNERS. Should be a minimum of 3 top 10 sets, banners and titles to enter this thread. The thread would've never gotten pass 35 comments (i can show mine)...

Verbie
04-11-2021, 04:33 PM
Ive run many top 10 lbs, including this years easter. I can honestly say right now that going into every event there will be a tie. There was ties in the 2014 and 2016 events as well, im sorry but this thread is useless so many of these threads have been made but sts wont remove ties, it just wont happen. If it bothers you so much then dont run lb its that simple this is rhe way the game works and has worked for a while it wont change anytime soon or at all. Like many have said most of the players here dont even run lb, as other lb runners like myself have mentioned in this chat they dont care about ties they run for themselves because they desire the rewards. It doesnt honestly bother me that 20 or 25 players will get a top 10 reward and im pretty sure it doesnt bother many lb players here because i can guarantee that if it was only 10 players and no tie was allowed then majority of the players wouldnt even be on the lb. A tie is a personal choice.They were removed once before. I cant remember the thread when they came back.

Statsonly
04-11-2021, 04:39 PM
They were removed once before. I cant remember the thread when they came back.

This was around 2019. I remember cause i ran goblin lb and a few others that year. It didn't last very long. I assume sts lost a lot of activity, knowing the main top 10-20 on lb are plat buyers or hardcore farmers

Svvords
04-12-2021, 01:33 AM
ill just leave these here....

Spooked
04-12-2021, 06:40 AM
This is gonna be my last post on this topic - as far as i plan to-
I just want to ask, since we have established the majority of the people with the torches and pitchforks are non-lb runners or have gotten some obscure leaderboard somewhere down the line and proclaim themselfs as experts and representatives of the community.

How and in what way are ties hurting you?

Gonna leave that question here for everyone who is concerned to think about.

Undershooting
04-12-2021, 07:54 AM
This is gonna be my last post on this topic - as far as i plan to-
I just want to ask, since we have established the majority of the people with the torches and pitchforks are non-lb runners or have gotten some obscure leaderboard somewhere down the line and proclaim themselfs as experts and representatives of the community.

How and in what way are ties hurting you?

Gonna leave that question here for everyone who is concerned to think about.

Maybe those ppl enjoy watching at the leaderboard every once in a while XD so for their enjoyment, tie shouldn’t exist

Illegaly
04-12-2021, 08:33 AM
It's all about the competition, if you don't want to tie, just simply don't.. It's obvious you're gonna do it with people you trust. Ties were always there and it's not the first time they get broken by a certain person. Suggesting that sts should somehow remove it.. seems so ridiculous to me. -1

zeferoth
04-12-2021, 11:25 AM
Pts were to low to tie to begin with

XxretepxX
04-12-2021, 02:27 PM
It's all about the competition, if you don't want to tie, just simply don't.. It's obvious you're gonna do it with people you trust. Ties were always there and it's not the first time they get broken by a certain person. Suggesting that sts should somehow remove it.. seems so ridiculous to me. -1How is it a competition if a group of people just tie?

IExposedYou
04-12-2021, 02:39 PM
How is it a competition if a group of people just tie?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tie_(draw):
“A draw or tie occurs in a competitive sport when the results are identical or inconclusive. Ties or draws are possible in SOME, but not all, sports and GAMES.”

jiraiya sensei
04-12-2021, 02:43 PM
yeyeyeye
yeye

umarrahim
04-12-2021, 04:52 PM
“A draw or tie occurs in a competitive sport when the results are identical or inconclusive. Ties or draws are possible in SOME, but not all, sports and GAMES.”Tries are okay if they happen by chance, not planned. That's immoral

alexkousherian1
04-12-2021, 05:27 PM
Leaderboard is a leaderboard for a season, and tieing will always exist. If you set a minimum requirement for top 10, the leaderboard will just die out. You have to acknowledge people will betray at the very last second. Welcome to leaderboard.

Sent from my SM-A705MN using Tapatalk

XxretepxX
04-12-2021, 05:33 PM
“A draw or tie occurs in a competitive sport when the results are identical or inconclusive. Ties or draws are possible in SOME, but not all, sports and GAMES.”Oh yeah in competitive sports people plan out to tie and score the same ammount of points what a nice comparison u made there

dualray
04-12-2021, 06:18 PM
Technically speaking, if no one run for the leaderboard or everyone only ran once getting same point, we are gonna be all top 1, right? Lmao

Undershooting
04-12-2021, 07:07 PM
Technically speaking, if no one run for the leaderboard or everyone only ran once getting same point, we are gonna be all top 1, right? Lmao

I doubt it since you can see ppl are already breaking their ties, forget trusting the whole arlor to not move at all XD

umarrahim
04-12-2021, 10:00 PM
Leaderboard is a leaderboard for a season, and tieing will always exist. If you set a minimum requirement for top 10, the leaderboard will just die out. You have to acknowledge people will betray at the very last second. Welcome to leaderboard.

Sent from my SM-A705MN using TapatalkNo minimum requirement, just make it so 2 people can't have the same score.

Just add a few hidden random decimal places to the points each boss/ egg grants.

alexkousherian1
04-12-2021, 10:31 PM
No minimum requirement, just make it so 2 people can't have the same score.

Just add a few hidden random decimal places to the points each boss/ egg grants.

Sent from my GM1913 using TapatalkThatll just defeat the purpose of lb

umarrahim
04-12-2021, 11:49 PM
Thatll just defeat the purpose of lb

Sent from my SM-A705MN using TapatalkPurpose of lb is to reward the best 50 players, or am I mistaken?

alexkousherian1
04-13-2021, 12:03 AM
Purpose of lb is to reward the best 50 players, or am I mistaken?

Sent from my GM1913 using TapatalkI dont think quite understand how that works. They're not gonna change the way lb works ever. It's for the top players and players who achieved a certain amount of points or for those who want to tie at a same rank to both recieve the same item(s). I've had problems with lb myself and I never complained about it because I didnt do the best I could.

Drae12
04-13-2021, 04:18 AM
Maybe those ppl enjoy watching at the leaderboard every once in a while XD so for their enjoyment, tie shouldn’t exist

My man under :P i miss running with you bro!

Drae12
04-13-2021, 04:23 AM
How is it a competition if a group of people just tie?

Wth? Is this even a question to ask? Those players on tie is also competing too lol, they’re competing not to get taken their spots by other players below them.. bruh do you even have a common sense?[emoji28][emoji23] everyone on the leaderboard is competing on a competition wtf.

Drae12
04-13-2021, 04:31 AM
You guys will understand the ties when you ended up on top 6 or top 11[emoji28][emoji23]giving all the best you could but still didnt get the gold rewards coz the top 5 or 10 is richer than you🥱. We even know a guy who wants to pay each of us on tie but we still didn’t let him join our tie[emoji28] look where he is now hahaha he already quitted the game, depressed. Giving all he got, spending 300m+ farmed essences 12 hrs a day on the last week of the event and still ended up on the silver rewards[emoji23][emoji23] it sucks to be on top 6 or top 11, it will make you quit[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

QuaseT
04-13-2021, 04:57 AM
You guys will understand the ties when you ended up on top 6 or top 11[emoji28][emoji23]giving all the best you could but still didnt get the gold rewards coz the top 5 or 10 is richer than you🥱. We even know a guy who wants to pay each of us on tie but we still didn’t let him join our tie[emoji28] look where he is now hahaha he already quitted the game, depressed. Giving all he got, spending 300m+ farmed essences 12 hrs a day on the last week of the event and still ended up on the silver rewards[emoji23][emoji23] it sucks to be on top 6 or top 11, it will make you quit[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIf you run 12h a day, spend hundreds of millions and still dont make it you clearly have not much experience in running leaderboards. You know from experience how much it costs for those lbs. If you know what you are doing you either run and make it or you dont run. However, making ties available for people like this seems unfair for those who actually are the top 10. Ties for players that teamwork and want to share a place is understandable. Keeping a tie to let weaker players have a slice of the cake seems nice on the surface but contradicts with the idea of a competitive leaderboard. Imo.

alexkousherian1
04-13-2021, 01:48 PM
If you run 12h a day, spend hundreds of millions and still dont make it you clearly have not much experience in running leaderboards. You know from experience how much it costs for those lbs. If you know what you are doing you either run and make it or you dont run. However, making ties available for people like this seems unfair for those who actually are the top 10. Ties for players that teamwork and want to share a place is understandable. Keeping a tie to let weaker players have a slice of the cake seems nice on the surface but contradicts with the idea of a competitive leaderboard. Imo.You need to understand when making ties, always be cautions of snakes. Whatever leaderboard you fell from shouldn't indicate sts changing ties. Welcome to reality.

alexkousherian1
04-13-2021, 01:52 PM
If you run 12h a day, spend hundreds of millions and still dont make it you clearly have not much experience in running leaderboards. You know from experience how much it costs for those lbs. If you know what you are doing you either run and make it or you dont run. However, making ties available for people like this seems unfair for those who actually are the top 10. Ties for players that teamwork and want to share a place is understandable. Keeping a tie to let weaker players have a slice of the cake seems nice on the surface but contradicts with the idea of a competitive leaderboard. Imo.You want ties removed, what about the people who are tied at top lb and hc? That's basically the same thing as any lb if you put it into perspective.

Greazemk
04-13-2021, 02:25 PM
I just don't get it how is it going to lessen the competitiveness in running LB because of tying? They ran hundreds of hours to get that spot and hopefully to tie with other runners too if it lessens the competitiveness of it they don't have to sleep less than 8 hours to keep their spot and spend millions of gold.

And you are so selfish honestly, you, wanting less people to own those rewards is just straight up selfish. In what world that will make those rewards "NOT SO RARE" if thousands of players only 10-20 players owns it. :cold:

XxretepxX
04-13-2021, 02:33 PM
Wth? Is this even a question to ask? Those players on tie is also competing too lol, they’re competing not to get taken their spots by other players below them.. bruh do you even have a common sense?[emoji28][emoji23] everyone on the leaderboard is competing on a competition wtf.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOh yeah lets drop 200m on energy and tie. Sounds like a nice competition very difficult

Greazemk
04-13-2021, 02:37 PM
Oh yeah lets drop 200m on energy and tie. Sounds like a nice competition very difficult

Maybe you forgot they have to use that 200m worth of energies :tan:

XxretepxX
04-13-2021, 02:41 PM
Maybe you forgot they have to use that 200m worth of energies :tan:Oh yeah i almost forgot how difficult it is to run the same map over and over i can never get through the event portal to begin with

Greazemk
04-13-2021, 02:45 PM
Oh yeah i almost forgot how difficult it is to run the same map over and over i can never get through the event portal to begin with

Oh yeah I almost forgot that there are LB runners too that refuse to tie that might take my spot.

Ilove_Poopoo
04-13-2021, 02:53 PM
You need to understand when making ties, always be cautions of snakes. Whatever leaderboard you fell from shouldn't indicate sts changing ties. Welcome to reality.

Sent from my SM-A705MN using TapatalkEntirely besides the point.

Sharing can be seen as something good. However, in context of leaderboards, you are expected to excel and further strive, that is what a leaderboard should consist. And not intentionally underperform and rely on other people just because you can save time and money, and still rewarded equally.

Leaderboards have no credibility when it can be easily manipulated to have predetermined winners from the start.

XxretepxX
04-13-2021, 03:04 PM
Oh yeah I almost forgot that there are LB runners too that refuse to tie that might take my spot.Tying because youre too lazy to keep running or cant afford to spend more gold?

Ilove_Poopoo
04-13-2021, 03:17 PM
I just don't get it how is it going to lessen the competitiveness in running LB because of tying? They ran hundreds of hours to get that spot and hopefully to tie with other runners too if it lessens the competitiveness of it they don't have to sleep less than 8 hours to keep their spot and spend millions of gold.

And you are so selfish honestly, you, wanting less people to own those rewards is just straight up selfish. In what world that will make those rewards "NOT SO RARE" if thousands of players only 10-20 players owns it. :cold:It is pointless for the top9 onwards to further progress - when all they see are several players who have already planned to stop altogether at 10th place. Hence lessening the competition.

Give credit where credit is due. Do you really think that those who intentionally underperformed are deserving of the rewards?

Drae12
04-13-2021, 03:21 PM
Oh yeah lets drop 200m on energy and tie. Sounds like a nice competition very difficult

Why would I tie with you if i can make more points than you?🥱 Do i even know you to make a tie with you?[emoji23]

Scll
04-13-2021, 03:26 PM
Why would I tie with you if i can make more points than you?�� Do i even know you to make a tie with you?[emoji23]

U sound super ridiculous after hiding scamming my guild mates, now acting all innocent in forums after paying the loans months after ignoring the players you've used. Pls be less cringey atleast. Dont think u got away wit paying them back months after. Rumours abt u weren't fake in the first place, should've listened to them.

Ps. "Why would I tie if I can make more pts then u" well mr u do it by taking loans from dozens of players u gain trust off then run away. :)

XxretepxX
04-13-2021, 04:05 PM
Why would I tie with you if i can make more points than you?🥱 Do i even know you to make a tie with you?[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDo i know you? Just from your posts here i can tell none of the gold you have is yours and youre so offended that someone broke a tie when there isnt even supposed to be ties in the first place. Someone ruined the tie and now people like you are getting tilted that they did acting like they were forced to keep their word

Cinco
04-13-2021, 04:24 PM
Ties exist. I think ties should continue to exist.
Appreciate the feedback that didn’t devolve.

Closing.