PDA

View Full Version : Arcane weapon suggestion for devs for new Expansion. (Proc and design)

bedyns1
04-09-2021, 08:25 AM
It is rumoured that new expansion will be sea expansion. I would love to see devs implement this weapon into the game.

Class: mage

Weapon type: staff

Name: Trident of the sea king

Proc:
Most people think that mage is support class, so I designed weapon that would work very well in team environment and also in solo environment.
First part of the proc:
All party members in certain radius will get buff called second chance
Second chance:
This buff will last 5 seconds. Buff will make you immune to cc and 20% lifesteal(stacking).
Second part of the proc:
After 5 second user will send tsunami wave that deals amount of damage equal to all damage dealt by all party members that was dealt under the effect of second chance.

Upvote so devs can see this.

Kolpertis_333
04-09-2021, 08:38 AM
I dont understand why People call mage a support class. Its a mage, it does aoe, and has 2 skills that help party members, ulti and heal, heal is not used in pve and ulti is not used in pvp, also in pve if mage gets his procs in same time, he can shred a boss in a few seconds. So how is it exactly a support class? Using that logic than every class is support class, rogue can buff allies damage and armor (bomb) and war can also buff with that weird horn skill used in honor.

There is no support class in Al, stop insulting us mages all the time :(

Poslano sa mog VOG-L29 koristeći Tapatalk

AlfineMahesa
04-09-2021, 08:50 AM
Lifesteal from mage proc? No

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

Nekojiro
04-09-2021, 10:00 AM
big no, the second chance proc is too overpower we know alrdy that warrior ulti plus weapon combos proc is too overpower even not making any sense..

Employing
04-09-2021, 10:08 AM
I dont understand why People call mage a support class. Its a mage, it does aoe, and has 2 skills that help party members, ulti and heal, heal is not used in pve and ulti is not used in pvp, also in pve if mage gets his procs in same time, he can shred a boss in a few seconds. So how is it exactly a support class? Using that logic than every class is support class, rogue can buff allies damage and armor (bomb) and war can also buff with that weird horn skill used in honor.

There is no support class in Al, stop insulting us mages all the time :(

pretty much he/she wasn't insulting but hey bedyns just made a thread with a completely different topic.

anyway i love your idea overall, especially when you talked about lifesteal: it's innovative and cool at the same time.. it's basically something you would expect from a mage but the question is. will it work properly? like how efficient may it be? i think it will really depend on the new mobs etc.. if they will be deadly, the lifesteal proc is a reasonable way to avoid dying. I personally like it but looking forward to other ppl thoughts as well :)

Naaabmage
04-09-2021, 10:21 AM
It is rumoured that new expansion will be sea expansion. I would love to see devs implement this weapon into the game.

Class: mage

Weapon type: staff

Name: Trident of the sea king

Proc:
Most people think that mage is support class, so I designed weapon that would work very well in team environment and also in solo environment.
First part of the proc:
All party members in certain radius will get buff called second chance
Second chance:
This buff will last 5 seconds. Buff will make you immune to cc and 20% lifesteal(stacking).
Second part of the proc:
After 5 second user will send tsunami wave that deals amount of damage equal to all damage dealt by all party members that was dealt under the effect of second chance.

Upvote so devs can see this.

Most people think mages are support??? Who??? Ppl that play with undergeared mages? Lmao can run evg with 3 mages np melt the boss fast runs....can run 4 mages in dm also fast runs....please stop saying mages are support

bedyns1
04-09-2021, 10:25 AM
pretty much he/she wasn't insulting but hey bedyns just made a thread with a completely different topic.

anyway i love your idea overall, especially when you talked about lifesteal: it's innovative and cool at the same time.. it's basically something you would expect from a mage but the question is. will it work properly? like how efficient may it be? i think it will really depend on the new mobs etc.. if they will be deadly, the lifesteal proc is a reasonable way to avoid dying. I personally like it but looking forward to other ppl thoughts as well :)

Thanks for constructive feedback. :cool:

Kolpertis_333
04-09-2021, 12:05 PM

anyway i love your idea overall, especially when you talked about lifesteal: it's innovative and cool at the same time.. it's basically something you would expect from a mage but the question is. will it work properly? like how efficient may it be? i think it will really depend on the new mobs etc.. if they will be deadly, the lifesteal proc is a reasonable way to avoid dying. I personally like it but looking forward to other ppl thoughts as well :)You quoted the wrong person bud other dude was talking about lifesteal

Tuhguhbuhbuh
04-09-2021, 07:29 PM
If it's a underwater expansion, then mage should proc a giant cod and slap the boss across the face with it and steal 20% of its health. Now that's what I call a life steal.

Switchback
04-10-2021, 01:13 PM
I dont see them adding offensive procs again, it will be ebon 2.0

Spooked
04-10-2021, 02:12 PM
I meannnn.. mage used to be a support class so its not that crazy and astronomically confusing that some people might still refer to them as such.
I remember the days where people would ask “mana pls” from mages because pots were quite the expensive commodity.

No reason to get all up in your feelings about it though

Stephencobear
04-10-2021, 08:13 PM
I meannnn.. mage used to be a support class so its not that crazy and astronomically confusing that some people might still refer to them as such.
I remember the days where people would ask “mana pls” from mages because pots were quite the expensive commodity.

No reason to get all up in your feelings about it though

You appreciate nuance so:
We can maybe agree on the words “used to be”, that ain’t now.
All classes can heal so the only dif is mana regen.
Mana was negligible important in the past (values are class differential), but there’s no way it’s as important now

I’m saying it IS crazy to expect a great mage to be a support class, rather than a control/kill class.
Procs rule everything around me

Talking pve ofc

Muhammet43
04-11-2021, 06:50 AM
Staff proc:Create water pools on the ground. Pools affected enemies super curse. Super curse does heavy damage enemies if they attack