PDA

View Full Version : Don't do what I just did

Illegal
04-10-2021, 03:13 AM
So there I was, trying to sell my iridyas egg for 10m and this dude ( a rogue) accepted my price and invited me to his house. We traded and I saw 10m, I had a trouble confirming at first (maybe because of fps?) then I noticed the green light from his window blinked but I didn't mind it. I Kept on pushing the confirm button and that's when I saw my 10m turned into 1m hahahaha

don't do what I just did. Always, always double check. It's my fault for this to happen, I just thought that maybe I should share this just so it won't happen to anybody ;)

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk

Illegal
04-10-2021, 03:15 AM
If you would also like to report, send me a mail so I can reveal you the ign. As far as I know, it's not allowed to drop ign's here in threads.

picklewickles
04-10-2021, 03:16 AM
I mean the final confirm page isn't made for nothing....[emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Illegal
04-10-2021, 03:19 AM
I mean the final confirm page isn't made for nothing....[emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalkyeah, I guess it was out of habit that I did not mind it blinking.

firebelt & crystalkiller
04-10-2021, 04:13 AM
Also the "pressing confirm button 1 million times" thing shud be fixed.. It messes up morethan helps.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

XxretepxX
04-10-2021, 04:54 AM
Also the "pressing confirm button 1 million times" thing shud be fixed.. It messes up morethan helps.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using TapatalkYup has been there forever dont know why they dont fix

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Advocacies
04-10-2021, 04:56 AM
There should be a 5 seconds timer in the 2nd phase of confirming

Prabsimar Chhabra
04-10-2021, 05:16 AM
STS has added nice features to prevent this stuff. There is a popup when person changes items after confirming. Keep an eye out instead of rushing. [emoji3526]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greazemk
04-10-2021, 06:09 AM

Maybe to prevent from happening something like what happened to the op? That makes them to not fix this "pressing confirm button 1 million times"

+1. I agree for faster trading.

Prabsimar Chhabra
04-10-2021, 06:12 AM
Maybe to prevent from happening something like what happened to the op? That makes them to not fix this "pressing confirm button 1 million times"

+1. I agree for faster trading.This was already answered by futumsh. It has a cooldown to confirm after changing items so people suddenly dont confirm and trades happen without giving attention. Exactly what happened to the OP. And most of us are used to it now anyways.

Greazemk
04-10-2021, 06:22 AM
This was already answered by futumsh. It has a cooldown to confirm after changing items so people suddenly dont confirm and trades happen without giving attention. Exactly what happened to the OP. And most of us are used to it now anyways.

That is correct. But I think reducing the cooldown to confirm should be fine, but don't remove the cooldown entirely.

firebelt & crystalkiller
04-10-2021, 09:48 AM
Rather than cool down I'd say a long press in final confirm button works much better.
And always.. Settings editable by players will be good.. So they can do as they please.

Switchback
04-10-2021, 10:27 AM
Just slow down people, Trade window is fine...

Also i highly doubt you should be offering an ign of a player you had issues with, to have others report them lmao. Can't seriously think that's how things work... And lastly, your report is next to worthless since you used the in game trading window.

You scammed yourself unfortunately.

Illegal
04-10-2021, 11:04 AM
Just slow down people, Trade window is fine...

Also i highly doubt you should be offering an ign of a player you had issues with, to have others report them lmao. Can't seriously think that's how things work... And lastly, your report is next to worthless since you used the in game trading window.

You scammed yourself unfortunately.Yeah, I did said it was my fault and posted this so that others may be aware. I hope you we're informed too :)

Seedgaming
04-10-2021, 05:41 PM
Better not say you lag during trade they'll take that opportunity to scam. Just cancel trade if you are lag.

Sent from my Flare_J2_Max using Tapatalk

Fyrce
04-10-2021, 05:48 PM
I always wait before the Confirming the 2nd window. I always check that window, even reading aloud to myself to be sure everything is as it seems. If there is any problems with any windows, I take a long break from that person. If there is suspicion that person is being duplicitous, I ignore.

That being said, your mistake does not make that person's actions not a crime. Be sure to report him.

Illegal
04-11-2021, 01:59 AM
The 15m iridyas was the one stolen from me, Pls do report ;)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210411/794c8c0cd599aba5e6a24e9a87df2415.jpg

Spooked
04-12-2021, 06:43 AM
Do have to agree that the button not working sometimes only makes it worse, caught myself on several occasions accepting the trade without checking because i was mashing the confirm button like i was playing cooking clicker

It might be a bit overkill but 2 confirm windows and like someone mentioned a long press will help out alot

arcanefid
04-12-2021, 10:29 AM
Do have to agree that the button not working sometimes only makes it worse, caught myself on several occasions accepting the trade without checking because i was mashing the confirm button like i was playing cooking clicker

It might be a bit overkill but 2 confirm windows and like someone mentioned a long press will help out alot

It seems many people are not aware that there is a cooldown for the trade confirmation button, and they see it as the button "not working" and keep mashing it. Maybe STS should grey out the button when it's not ready? That way maybe it would make people think more about it. XD

Charles_Shadwick
04-12-2021, 02:09 PM
Old scam trick from 2011 lmao gg

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Illegal
04-12-2021, 08:11 PM
hahaha the iridyas he stole from me is still not sold on auction, thank god[emoji18]

Anehazaz
04-28-2021, 10:54 AM
hahaha the iridyas he stole from me is still not sold on auction, thank god[emoji18]

Zero respect to that guy and all the others who do the same pathetic tricks

Enyex.BAWX
05-04-2021, 01:58 PM
always quadruple check your trades