PDA

View Full Version : Bugs with the Android forum app

bronislav84
04-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Didn't know where else to post this, so decided on here.

Ok so basically, the app Data gets incredibly large over time the more it's used. The app seems to be caching almost all images into the Data instead of the Cache. To reclaim device space you need to clear the Data, which also clears your login info.

Second thing. Pressing Back all the way attempts to log you out. Then you have to login again on the next session. It doesn't save login info. The only way to stay loged in between sessions is to Force Close the app manually, then you don't need to enter login info again the next time it's used.

Third thing. My Task Killer is unable to close it for me. The app stays in memory until Force Closed manually in app management.

It doesn't show all smileys properly unless we choose to open just that one post.

Many images get shrunk to a very very small image unless we choose to open just that one post.

Finally, the unnamed posts that MrGoober reported are still there sometimes.

Oh, not a bug, but I wish we could multi-quote and find out the address of the thread we're posting in in case we need to copy and paste it later. Oh and speaking of address, last I checked pasting a link using the app doesn't automatically put url tags on it. And I think somebody took out the smiley menu from the app?

Samhayne
05-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Hey Bronislav,

Thanks for the list. The Spacetime Community Apps are re-branded vBulletin apps. We don't maintain them ourselves. The are ok for a free option. We also support the Tapatalk app (that you have to purchase to use, but it works nicely). If you want the better performance in an app, I'd suggest checking Tapatalk out. We will also soon be supporting the Forum Runner application http://www.forumrunner.com/ in the near future.

I'll pass your feedback along to vBulletin.

bronislav84
05-02-2012, 11:41 AM
So you guys just get a new build from them and upload it? Cause last I checked it does list STS as the app author on Play.

Thanks Sam! Hope they fix it up and add the features I'm requesting.

None of the forums I use except this one support Tapatalk so it's not worth the money for me. Checked out forumrunner and none of the forums I use support it either, so not worth the money for me either. Forumrunner isn't even on Play but another market. I would wanna use these on more than one forum.