PDA

View Full Version : Joining games late

Rare
04-29-2012, 01:15 PM
I seem to recall during the first well our so of DL a dev or mod talked about how you could only join friends earlier in a map so as to not waste energy. In fact I think it was a response to a question i had. I'm on a mobile app so it's hard to search.

Is this still supposed to be the case?

Today i joined three different friends and just as i joined they killed the boss.

Did it change?

Roc
04-29-2012, 02:11 PM
I think when you join friends that condition goes out the window...at least, from what I've experienced :p

Fyrce
04-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Did they skip most of the map?

Mostly I join at the beginning of the map and I have not seen the boss kill thing unless someone skips most of the map and runs straight to the boss.

I have seen people go straight for the boss. Personally I farm and like kills, so I break everything (no skipping) to try for the ghosts that drop pinks, and kill everything (no skipping), but not everyone does this.

Rare
04-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Did they skip most of the map?

Mostly I join at the beginning of the map and I have not seen the boss kill thing unless someone skips most of the map and runs straight to the boss.

I have seen people go straight for the boss. Personally I farm and like kills, so I break everything (no skipping) to try for the ghosts that drop pinks, and kill everything (no skipping), but not everyone does this.

No, clear map save a few mobs here and there.

Roc, i would think so, but sometimes you can see friends on a map but not join them. I was told you could only join earlier in the map to preserve energy. For some reason it seems like you can join at the beginning and at the end.

Roc
04-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Roc, i would think so, but sometimes you can see friends on a map but not join them. I was told you could only join earlier in the map to preserve energy. For some reason it seems like you can join at the beginning and at the end.

I thought I read somewhere that when someone plays "solo" that means you can't join them unless they invite you aka a game only for friends, which means they could invite you late. Alternatively, if they are playing multiplayer then you can join without an invite as long as the instance has room, which also means they could be almost done when you join them...At least, that's how I understand it~

StompArtist
04-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Displaying a % complete would help. I joined Fluff yesterday and all was left was the boss.

Rare
04-29-2012, 08:11 PM
I'll try to find the post when i get home. Just wondering if they changed it when they added the solo game/invite feature.

Late
04-29-2012, 09:56 PM
:) all is saw was late and i thought it was me, didn't read the title ;)

Mrsberry
04-30-2012, 02:03 AM
I remeber reading this post.
The issue was when pressing multi player game somtimes game would already be done or close to done. They did fix this issue when joining a muti player game.

If your joining your friends unless its a solo game and not invited you can pretty much join at any time. So yes theres a chance game may be complete or close to it.

I think a percentage of how complete a map is would be a great way to solve this issue.

Rare
04-30-2012, 07:50 AM
Here it is:

Hey Aedenos,

We don't let you join a friend who is in a map that is almost finished, or has finished, for the very reason that Walkhardd was concerned about. We don't want you to waste your energy on a map that's almost done.

Instead, we let you send your friend a message. I'd suggest something like, "Hey buddy, what's up? What to run another map with me?" and go from there :D

From

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?54982-I-find-it-hard-to-run-with-my-friends&p=617071#post617071

asommers
04-30-2012, 03:42 PM
We're looking at what we can do here.

-ALS