PDA

View Full Version : Server time

Blaquehaaart
04-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Can you add a server time.

You can even make a huge Gothic clock tower with cool hands...or even some clocks around the place with hands from slain victims.

Guild halls can have these clocks as well.

That way guild and team mates from different regions of the world can have a synchronized time to coordinate too.

Every mmo should have a server time.

bronislav84
04-29-2012, 04:32 PM
I think unofficially, since STS is in Austin Texas, server time is whatever their time is.

At least I *think* they're in Austin. I know I got the state right. Maybe? XD

Ivan Johnson
04-29-2012, 04:35 PM
I think unofficially, since STS is in Austin Texas, server time is whatever their time is.

At least I *think* they're in Austin. I know I got the state right. Maybe? XD
Yup, server time is spacetime (see what I did there?). Though a clock in the guildhall showing what time it is according to STS' timezone would be cool.

Blaquehaaart
04-29-2012, 05:52 PM
It doesn't matter what time zone it is sync'ed. There just needs to be an in-game clock. Something every one can sync too. Just so you scheduling things according. Example: we are pvping from 6pm - 9pm server time...and if there are in game clocks...like in the menus and in-game...it would add a standard time element to the game.

Yeah, you can say 9pm eastern time. However, if the people from the guild are from england, hawaii, south africa, the philipines, and california. It get's confusing because of the conversion...then you have to think about daylight savings time. Going by an in-game server time is straight forward and simple.

Ivan Johnson
04-29-2012, 05:54 PM
It doesn't matter what time zone it is sync'ed. There just needs to be an in-game clock. Something every one can sync too. Just so you scheduling things according. Example: we are pvping from 6pm - 9pm server time.

Yeah, you can say 9pm eastern time. However, if the people from the guild are from england, hawaii, south africa, the philipines, and california. It get's confusing because of the conversion...then you have to think about daylight savings time. Going by an in-game server time is straight forward and simple.
Of course, we're just saying it would make sense to make the default "server time" match up with STS since they do things according to their timezone.

Blaquehaaart
04-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Of course, we're just saying it would make sense to make the default "server time" match up with STS since they do things according to their timezone.

That's fine. There just needs to be an in-game time. I could care less what it actually is, and long as it correlates to a standard 24 hour clock.

Otukura
04-29-2012, 05:59 PM
That's fine. There just needs to be an in-game time. I could care less what it actually is, and long as it correlates to a standard 24 hour clock.

y u no leik days divided into 83 parts?

Deathpunch
04-29-2012, 11:30 PM
I like this idea.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D