PDA

View Full Version : Whats happeneddddd :(

RedRyder
08-14-2010, 09:52 AM
I come back to the game and forums just to see its been over run by noobs! I think theyre should be a seperate section for them to ask theyre questions and stuff. Oh and whatsup veterans, howve you all been?

Royce
08-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi RedRyder, welcome back. I have no problem with noobs in the forum since it's the best place to denoobify yourself. As for the game, it is a bit unfortunate that the Mynas generation seems to now dominate the level cap (numerically speaking), and you can't count on a level 45 anymore to have a clue about what they're doing or saying.

Chickdigcookies
08-14-2010, 10:03 AM
I come back to the game and forums just to see its been over run by noobs! I think theyre should be a seperate section for them to ask theyre questions and stuff. Oh and whatsup veterans, howve you all been?

forums are public...and the only way for "noobs" to get help.

maybe there should be a "separate section" to complain...?

Rebel
08-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Hey Ryder! It's goin good :) What have you been up to?

vulgarstrike
08-14-2010, 11:44 AM
noobs taste like chicken.

RedRyder
08-14-2010, 12:02 PM
forums are public...and the only way for "noobs" to get help.

maybe there should be a "separate section" to complain...?

Aw did i offend you? I have more credibilty than you so back up. And um, as i said a seperate section for questions would clear up traffic on the forums. Open your mind before you start bashing tough guy

Jstizar
08-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Aw did i offend you? I have more credibilty than you so back up. And um, as i said a seperate section for questions would clear up traffic on the forums. Open your mind before you start bashing tough guy

I don't think he was trying to be tough :P. I agree a separate forum would help..but I think everything would still be all sorts of noobish.

Chickdigcookies
08-14-2010, 12:26 PM
]
ha, trust me, im not offended. el oh el...no bashing,just use some common sense. creditability? arent you taking this to serious...?

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Lol @ vulgar.

Furrawn
08-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Hi, Red:)

I don't think isolating noobs would yield a good result. Royce is right that being with seasoned players helps to "denoobify" the newbies... I remember being a newbie here myself... You guys helped my characters grow up:)

I think, unfortunately, level 1 noobs can pay some players to run them thru Oasis AND they use experience pots. They grow up quickly to lvl 45 w/ no clue about teamwork or how to have to THINK to survive:(

Remember the wonderful swamps as lvl 35's? Teamwork & smarts was necessary. I miss those days :,\ sniff

I help newbies for free but I only take them to places appropriate for their level. I don't kill anyone for them. I guide, help, and protect. If they are jerks or want a free ride, I don't help.

Maybe as a community, we can come up w/ ideas to make this problem better- especially in-game? Part of me wants to say maybe we shouldn't be able to play a character in Oasis 1 or 2 til it's at least lvl 30. That way the devs could sell the campaigns in between. I think it's a shame that noobs often skip to AO1 & AO2.

bmc85uk
08-14-2010, 01:09 PM
I think without a shadow of a doubt that Mynas tombs is long overdue a good hard thwack with the nerf stick.

Like Royce said, just a couple of D'jinns would sort it out.

Iambirdman
08-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Welcome back! But I have a hard time remembering you lol
And the noobs you speak of, some of them are actually vets:)

markus
08-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Should have a good attitude towards new players! Broaden the player base and more money for them to expand upon the game more ppl to play with. You nvr know what noobs today will be the elite towmorrow!

Samhayne
08-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi, Red:)

I don't think isolating noobs would yield a good result. Royce is right that being with seasoned players helps to "denoobify" the newbies... I remember being a newbie here myself... You guys helped my characters grow up:)

I think, unfortunately, level 1 noobs can pay some players to run them thru Oasis AND they use experience pots. They grow up quickly to lvl 45 w/ no clue about teamwork or how to have to THINK to survive:(

Remember the wonderful swamps as lvl 35's? Teamwork & smarts was necessary. I miss those days :,\ sniff

I help newbies for free but I only take them to places appropriate for their level. I don't kill anyone for them. I guide, help, and protect. If they are jerks or want a free ride, I don't help.

Maybe as a community, we can come up w/ ideas to make this problem better- especially in-game? Part of me wants to say maybe we shouldn't be able to play a character in Oasis 1 or 2 til it's at least lvl 30. That way the devs could sell the campaigns in between. I think it's a shame that noobs often skip to AO1 & AO2.

Nice post, Furran :)

As for tha noobs, man gotta love 'em! /hugzanewbie

Potawto
08-14-2010, 02:33 PM
I played with a 45 who didn't know what farming was. Mynas generation=worst gen without a doubt

Iambirdman
08-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Nice post, Furran :)

As for tha noobs, man gotta love 'em! /hugzanewbie

L-laughing M-my A-(you know:)) O-of

Nouda
08-14-2010, 03:00 PM
I played with a 45 who didn't know what farming was. Mynas generation=worst gen without a doubt

or a lvl 45 who didnt know where to buy potions and how to get pinks

GaZz
08-16-2010, 03:32 AM
OP - Steady on, the game has only been out since April.

Dharken
08-16-2010, 03:46 AM
OP - Steady on, the game has only been out since April.

^ What GaZz said!
What's the "Mynas" generation by the way? Hard to believe you have different "generations" of players in a 3-month old game, lol.

But yeah, like Markus said above - it makes more sense to welcome the "noobs" (like myself) if you want PL to grow.... but luckily most people are very nice!

jonboy
08-16-2010, 03:59 AM
The Mynas generation is used to describe those players whose experience of the game consists of pretty much nothing but poweleveled AO2:3 aka Mynas runs.

Also can be referred to cap nubs, players at the lvl cap that are still nubs.

Royce is the originator of the meme.

Inching
08-16-2010, 04:31 AM
i miss the days with no potions and farming with groups of ppl working together just trying to get a bone armor or staff. Back then, you could join any game and it was fun not worrying that people were rushing to kill the boss for loot. Also, when new maps came out, people played together and took their time....

Back to present day.... if u search "Oasis" games, you only see level 3 games mostly where there are 4 noobs with one lvl 45. I start a game say lvl 4 and after I finish, the lvl 45 players are asking me if I can continue with them because they haven't unlocked any of the other maps and when they join, everyone leaves without clearing so they are forever stuck on the lvl 2 or 3 maps in which they were leveled in.... so so sad.

Dharken
08-16-2010, 08:36 AM
Seems like these players are missing out on playing and growing their character which is a big part of the fun. I am only level 18 but I'm enjoying it every time I play ....

Actually it's a shame this is possible in the game mechanics -- maybe in the future the devs will block certain areas until you reach a certain level, or prevent people 5+ levels higher from joining, or something ... Is this planned for a future update?

iMaximus
08-16-2010, 10:01 AM

seriously dude, grow up! People who think they're "better than others".....they're the noobiest ones!

FluffNStuff
08-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Seems like these players are missing out on playing and growing their character which is a big part of the fun. I am only level 18 but I'm enjoying it every time I play ....

Actually it's a shame this is possible in the game mechanics -- maybe in the future the devs will block certain areas until you reach a certain level, or prevent people 5+ levels higher from joining, or something ... Is this planned for a future update?

Couple issues with this. I have three characters I leveled the normal way, including 30-35 in the swamps, but sometimes I want to power a new character for twink fighting or to have a PVP speced character, so powerleveling them help. As for the 5+ levels higher, I sometimes join lower games and help players that are in their level appropriate area.

vulgarstrike
08-16-2010, 11:07 AM
I say make it unable to play higher dungeons until you have beaten the boss level of the previous level.

kavanah
08-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Again, I can only chuckle at the notion of "vets and noobs". While I personally have had a few bad experiences with unexperienced players getting to 45 and making farm runs very hard to do or even deal with, I just think it's silly to term people noobs on here yet. The game is hardly old enough and I see a lot of "I'm an oldie, you're a noobie" comments and attitudes floating about PL in-game and in the forums. Any veteran mainstream MMO player will quickly dismiss this kind of attitude and only find humor in the trivial time the game as been open to the public. To play the game for a month, leave for 3 months, come back and put on the "I'm an OG player" belt is pretty rediculous. In any other mainstream MMO people would call that a short vacation, not an OG player returning. I also find this attitude reflected in the original post. I'm not trying to flame or bash, I'm simply stating the truth, the forums are just as much if not more for new players to get information about the game than for the experienced players. If a new person makes a post that is way off based, all it takes is for someone who has been playing a bit longer to post and correct that.

I started playing PL a little over a month ago, and when I stayed on the forums reading and reading and reading. I learned quite a bit before I even started playing the game past lvl 13. It took me an ENTIRE MONTH to get 45 and to be decked out with all the best gear as well as having a decent amount of money. In that timeframe I learned ALOT about the game, even being able to aptly give input about the experienced game information. I may not be Royce, but I am not years behind him either. The reason I say this, is because anyone coined a "noob" now can be a "vet" in a month or less.

Rock on noobies, rock on vets, rock on devs, rock on whatever label you want to put on yourself.

Just my own two cents.

Cascade
08-16-2010, 12:20 PM
My response to some "noob" comments....There will always be noobs...they are just always gunna be there...

tjornan
08-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Keep in mind, at some point we were all noobs. lol i thought i could become a dev just by asking... lmao. i really hope that some noobs will attempt to actually become seasoned players. and welcome back red, hvent seen u in a while.
To kavanah, ooooh is someone jealous of us oldies?
The noob oldie idea will continue to live on. Like banned said, oldies pratically sculpted the game, seein how they gave the devs ome great ideas. but mostly the devs did the work. But the oldies helped. I think that noobs that KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND NOT BEING IDIOTS TALKING ABOUT STUFF THEY DONT KNOW should be treated the same as oldies. we all have those stupid ppl stories. but really, most noobs jump the gun, and immediately lvl at AO2 lvl 3. When i lvled renumoth, i actually spent time in the lost expedition. I saw some noobs that actually understood and apreciated the game. What really pisses me off is those noobs when u give items or money to, they say "any more?" Greedy idiots those guys are. But the other noobs arent that bad

flaimdude
08-16-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm such a vet, I'm not even level 45 yet.

kavanah
08-16-2010, 01:44 PM
To kavanah, ooooh is someone jealous of us oldies?

Hardly. Like I said, it's laughable by seasoned MMO players. I think anyone who plays within the first year of PL being released will be considered oldies.

I'll give you an example so you can compare how immature coining people who started playing in "April/May" as oldies.

Everquest was released in 1999. That's 11 years ago. That mean EQ was released probably a good 3 years after the majority of PL's playerbase was born.

People refer to "oldies" players as people who played throughout everquest classic era. Which was up until about 2002. Thats a 3 year degree in which someone was coined an oldie.

WoW was released at the end of 2004. That's almost 6 years ago. People are coined oldies who have played up to and EVEN after the first expansion was released in 2007. Guess what? Yup 3 years...

So PL was released in April and it's now July. 4 months... and you want to coin people who have been playing the first month or two as oldies? I'm not trying to mock anyone, and I hope no one thinks that is my motive behind posting this, it's just that I've seen this as a mentality and a powertrip that (most likely) young players have been trying to use. It's just so silly. It's like joining a basket ball team, playing for a month, and considering yourself a pro.

And as far as shaping the game, they had minor implications on that. Dev's will always do what they believe is best for the game, while they take the communities feedback, they are ultimately the ones deserving of the honor of what they have made PL into the past 4 months.

flaimdude
08-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Hardly. Like I said, it's laughable by seasoned MMO players. I think anyone who plays within the first year of PL being released will be considered oldies.

I'll give you an example so you can compare how immature coining people who started playing in "April/May" as oldies.

Everquest was released in 1999. That's 11 years ago. That mean EQ was released probably a good 3 years after the majority of PL's playerbase was born.

People refer to "oldies" players as people who played throughout everquest classic era. Which was up until about 2002. Thats a 3 year degree in which someone was coined an oldie.

WoW was released at the end of 2004. That's almost 6 years ago. People are coined oldies who have played up to and EVEN after the first expansion was released in 2007. Guess what? Yup 3 years...

So PL was released in April and it's now July. 4 months... and you want to coin people who have been playing the first month or two as oldies? I'm not trying to mock anyone, and I hope no one thinks that is my motive behind posting this, it's just that I've seen this as a mentality and a powertrip that (most likely) young players have been trying to use. It's just so silly. It's like joining a basket ball team, playing for a month, and considering yourself a pro.

And as far as shaping the game, they had minor implications on that. Dev's will always do what they believe is best for the game, while they take the communities feedback, they are ultimately the ones deserving of the honor of what they have made PL into the past 4 months.

Smart newb is smart. :)

kavanah
08-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Smart newb is smart. :)

Flaimdude is an oldie btw. =)