PDA

View Full Version : Idea- Reset stats button? Pve/Pvp

xbabybugszx
04-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Hello,

I was thinking today and thought of this idea. What if there was a reset stats button that can reset your Pvp/Pve stats back to 0. Why? So you can start over. I know this might not work out with People that work very hard to get to a high level with low kills and no deaths. Heck, ive seen Fnbird with 0/0 Kills and deaths on Pve. Very impressive, but this could benefit people in Pvp. Lets say you are a nooby and are getting the hang of Pvp, but you will get rushed for beng new.. and sadly after being rushed many times, you will end up with a negative kill/death stats. So why not reset? To start over and try again, instead of trying to catch up with all the deaths. Maybe you just want kills and no deaths, and if you do get a couple of deaths.. RESET!

Im thinking that the Reset will benefit Pvp, not so much Pve.
It would cost around 2-5plat.
Also- im not sure if i was the first to think of this idea! So please dont flame if there is another thread already about this.

Thanx!
-babybugszxx (Swagg bear')

Phoenixking
04-30-2012, 10:10 AM
I like this idea, I'm an intbird and People say I suck and go straight to my kdr, they don't know that before I was an idiot in pvp, and i pvped when rush wasnt a pvp term :o lol

KingFu
04-30-2012, 10:14 AM
I have to disagree. People earn their ratios, if someone really is that bothered by their ratio, they have the option to hide them, or start their character over. Whether you leveled an alt to 66 with 0 KD, or have the most kills in PvE and PvP, you earned that ratio first time around on that character, so why should others have an easier time trying to achieve it? Not to mention, with all the elixirs at end game, anyone could reset and go for PvE KD board without a death, yet they didn't have to go through from level 1 so they didn't really earn it in my opinion.

I just don't see a huge use out of it.

xbabybugszx
04-30-2012, 12:53 PM
I have to disagree. People earn their ratios, if someone really is that bothered by their ratio, they have the option to hide them, or start their character over. Whether you leveled an alt to 66 with 0 KD, or have the most kills in PvE and PvP, you earned that ratio first time around on that character, so why should others have an easier time trying to achieve it? Not to mention, with all the elixirs at end game, anyone could reset and go for PvE KD board without a death, yet they didn't have to go through from level 1 so they didn't really earn it in my opinion.

I just don't see a huge use out of it.

Well its optional, and reseting benefits Pvp. Also it would make Pve alot more challanging. In a rush to get on leaderboards. this will benefit us in-game and STS with the plat idea. Not to mention people buying more elixers (if they want) to get in leaders boards for best ratio.

Swampy
04-30-2012, 06:25 PM
I don't like the idea. How would it make pve any more challenging? People will just be resetting their stats all the time to look "good" and it would become lame. Basically cheating IMO

If you don't like your stats just hide them.

Drizzid
04-30-2012, 07:00 PM
I agree with swampy. There is already the ability to hide your k/d, and you can always remake your character if you want to try again. This seems like the easy way out.

MightyMicah
04-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Personally I don't see the difference between hiding and resetting. I think I like the original idea.

I know it is true that you earn your kdr, but as stated in the thread, what if you start out as a noob? Or even aren't a noob but start off really bad and want a reset. I mean what's the difference between a reset and deleting a character and remaking it. If I could have done that I would still have my main character.

Also if you reset simply because you suck and you continuously reset to "look good;" You will never look good. This isn't even really an issue. If you suck, you suck. Done and done. If you used to suck and got better, than this is a great opportunity. I'm just having trouble seeing the cons here.

All in my opinion of course
~MM

Swampy
05-01-2012, 06:03 AM
Personally I don't see the difference between hiding and resetting. I think I like the original idea.

I know it is true that you earn your kdr, but as stated in the thread, what if you start out as a noob? Or even aren't a noob but start off really bad and want a reset. I mean what's the difference between a reset and deleting a character and remaking it. If I could have done that I would still have my main character.

Also if you reset simply because you suck and you continuously reset to "look good;" You will never look good. This isn't even really an issue. If you suck, you suck. Done and done. If you used to suck and got better, than this is a great opportunity. I'm just having trouble seeing the cons here.

All in my opinion of course
~MM
If there's no difference between resetting and creating a new character there's no need to reset stats. If someone's going to "continue to suck" there's no reason or resetting stats.