PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends Item Design Contest - Create Humania Legendary Weapons!

Samhayne
04-30-2012, 12:53 PM
This contest has ended
Check out the winners here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?59360-Humania-Weapon-Design-Contest-Winners

This is your chance to be part of the Legend! The next expansion to Pocket Legends is coming – Humania! Design up to three different legendary weapons for the pacific islander themed Humania expansion and you could see your weapons realized in Pocket Legends and win awesome prizes!

Pocket Legends Item Design Contest - Create Humania Legendary Weapons!

The Heroes of Alterra have pushed the monsters threatening the Elf Queen’s domain out further and further from the mainland. Left with few strongholds, evil influences have crossed the water to take a foothold on the southern islands known collectively as Humania.

The Islands of Humania feature tranquil beaches, warm weather and palm trees typical of a real world Pacific Island setting. Here are a few screenshots to inspire you!

With this backdrop in mind, come up with a descriptive and visual weapon design for any (or all) of the three Pocket Legends classes. Keep in mind that these are Legendary weapons that will be some of the best rewards available in the Humania expansion.

Three Legendary Humanian Weapons:
There are three different categories of weapons that can be designed, encompassing the typical weapon types:

Strength: swords, hammers, etc.
Dexterity: bows, crossbows, talons, etc.
Intelligence: staves, wands, etc.

Design One, Two or All Three!
Create an original design for any of the above categories. A good submission will probably include both images and a written description. A submission should be appropriate for the category it is in – for example, please do not submit a design for a crossbow to the STR or INT categories. A crossbow would be a DEX weapon.

To enter, please post your design to the appropriate forum thread, between now and Tuesday, May 15th at 11:59 PM Central Time.

A good submission post will include:

Character Name:
Category: Which category is the weapon submission for? Str, Dex or Int? Please post to the correct thread.
Your Item’s Name:
Images of your design. What does the weapon look like?
Written description of the weapon. Tell us about it.

Prizes:
It is possible that one person could win all three grand prizes, since any one person can submit an entry for each category (Int weapon, Dex weapon and Str weapon).

Grand Prizes for each of the Three Weapon Categories

100 platinum per category
Item created in game
Name of character included in the item description
The name of the character must comply with the Terms of Service.
Legendary item granted to a character of their choice on their account

6 Runner Up Prizes

50 Platinum to the best 6 runner’s up from any of the categories.

Deadline for Submissions – Tuesday, May 15th at 11:59 PM
The cut off time will be taken from the timestamp of the forum post of your entry.

Only one entry per person per category.
If you want to change your submission you can go to your earlier submission and edit the post to change to your new submission.

Judging
Entries will be judged by the Spacetime Studios Development Team. Equal weight will be applied to judging your visual design and your written descriptive component, so please spend time on both. You can include details about possible weapon procs or effects in your description. We’ll do our best to recreate those effects in game should you win.

Remember – all designs and art MUST be your own – created and submitted by you!

Here are the links to the submission forum threads:

Dexterity: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56830-DEX-Submission-Thread-Design-Humanian-Legendary-Weapons-Contest-DEXTERITY
Intelligence: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56828-INT-Submission-Thread-Design-Humanian-Legendary-Weapons-Contest-INTELLIGENCE
Strength: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56829-STR-Submission-Thread-Design-Humanian-Legendary-Weapons-Contest-STRENGTH

Previous Contests
This isn't the first time that Spacetime Studios has invited their fans to step up to the creation table. Check out some of our previous Community Contests!

Fiery Weapons of Doom: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27181-Winners-of-the-Create-Fiery-Weapons-of-DOOM-Design-Contest
Design a Hat Contest: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5833-Submit-your-Design-Here-for-Design-a-Hat-Contest!
T-Shirt Design Contest: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?35188-Vote-Now-for-the-Community-Pick-of-the-Pocket-Legends-T-Shirt-Design-Contest
Art Competition: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3302-Announcing-Art-Competition-Finalists

Phoenixking
04-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Sam wasn't there also a contest for a sword for alien oasis 2? Just wanted to put that out there lol

Samhayne
04-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Sam wasn't there also a contest for a sword for alien oasis 2? Just wanted to put that out there lol

Yeah, the Art Competition. Justg did that one and alas, it looks like his winner announcement thread is gone :( I couldn't find the link for it to include it in the list. If someone else finds it, please post it. Thanks!

FluffNStuff
04-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Ahh, Tullen and his Khopesh of Anubis. Classic!

octavos
04-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Mission accepted...now ill create rocken weapons.

1st.
Piña Colada - One handed or 2 handed Hammer

2nd
Tropic Thunder Crossbow

3rd
Wond - Shaman's Coconut
Staff - A Beach-ball named "Albert"

FluffNStuff
04-30-2012, 01:53 PM
By the way, finalists:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3302-Announcing-Art-Competition-Finalists!

And The Announcing Winner (In old style announcements)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?149-Art-Competition-Winner-Announced

Carth
04-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Interesting. Might enter for all three if I find the time and inspiration.

Good luck everyone! :)

Samhayne
04-30-2012, 02:03 PM
By the way, finalists:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3302-Announcing-Art-Competition-Finalists!

And The Announcing Winner (In old style announcements)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?149-Art-Competition-Winner-Announced

Thanks Fluff!

I had found that announcement, but it wasn't very good with the old 'n busted image.

Lowlyspy
04-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Oh fun fun :)

I have a nice idea building for each class ;)

No new antennas? What's a design contest without antennas T__T

Chickenrunnn
04-30-2012, 02:17 PM
It sounds AWESOME :O

If I've the time, I'll try to be in even if I can't draw lol ^^..
Can we inspire from existing objet by using their photos and doing some montages? or we must do them A to Z ?

Moreover I wish to ask if the "granted legendary pink" is whatever the one we want? :O winners will be able to ask for Flip Staff or Gurgox Hammer 1hand? XD

Thanks for this contest STS :D

I hope there will be BEAUTIFUL entrees :D!

and.. Good Luckkkk alllllllllll !!

elianel
04-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Yessss

Windwaiker
04-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Cool contest, too bad I'll have to be over 18 years of age to enter :P

dugantale
04-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Ill start on it now :) may we use pencils?

MYNISTA
04-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Already submitted my strength weapon! :) Great contest! Thx!

Samhayne
04-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Ill start on it now :) may we use pencils?

Whatever works!

Roc
04-30-2012, 03:08 PM
It's drawin' time! ~ (or something like that lol)

Nick41324
04-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Congrats red!

Swimmingstar
04-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Congrats red!

No! Must...Win

Besides my main character's name fits the theme!

Lowlyspy
04-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Are we restricted to one entry per catagory or are we allowed multiple entries? Such as entering with a 1h wep for str then entering a 2h wep for str as well?

Roc
04-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Congrats red!

Why does everyone do that? Goodness :p There are many talented artists on here (not me, but others lol) ~

Samhayne
04-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Are we restricted to one entry per catagory or are we allowed multiple entries? Such as entering with a 1h wep for str then entering a 2h wep for str as well?

You can enter all 3 different categories - one entry per category.

Electrifying
04-30-2012, 03:35 PM
I would love to enter this contest.
However, I don't know how I would be able to design a weapon for this contest. Does anyone know an App or a Website where I can begin making my design?

LwMark
04-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Yay..i doubt il will win but sheesh i wish

Jugernugetx
04-30-2012, 03:40 PM
18+? :( oh well then ill look for other contests.
Good luck to all!:)

Jtpup74799
04-30-2012, 03:44 PM
I am inelegible to enter this contest but just wanted fo add that a human in fh told me that humans will teach us how to combine all three spec trees for weapons and gear.

Swimmingstar
04-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Can you edit entries after submitting?

Electrifying
04-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Is this contest 18+?

Suntv
04-30-2012, 03:56 PM
YES! I will enter with 3 weapons :rugby:

dtandel10
04-30-2012, 04:26 PM
when will it actually go live i wanna know the exact date so then i can plan out my hours of game time coz if its like 1 month then ill aim for 66 and if its like 1-2 weeks then not so i wanna know the date tht it will release on..

im taking about the humania launche 66-71 by the way

nmyxspaceship
04-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Awesome, I will definately enter this one! Feel free to throw an armor and shield together and enter mine:)http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?53566-Humania-Set-Contest!-1-000-000-Prize!

Wait 18+

8. It is a material provision of this Agreement that Submitter represents to SPACETIME that he or she is over the age of 18 and fully authorized and capable of entering into this Agreement and being legally bound thereby. But for Submitter making this foregoing representation to SPACETIME, SPACETIME would not enter into the Agreement with Submitter.

Say I was to do this--Have a parent study the Ageement, make sure I don't violate the terms, and have them agree to be held responsible for any violations? They love me, if I was(I would not) to violate terms they wouldn't mind a few years in prison.

Sigh joking.

maneatingtree
04-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Will there be antennae like for doom contest? Sam you said 6 runner ups. Does mean per contest or 2 per contest?

Noodleleg
04-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Wait it has to be a weapon? Darn... I'm better with armor and shields...

Noodleleg
04-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Wait if you have your parent's permission you can enter >.>? I'm sure I can do somewhat decently...

RedRyder
04-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Congrats red!

I don't think so lol. I've entered all of the design contests without even getting runner up.

Register
04-30-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm going to kick off my post-fest with an amazing entry for this wonderful contest! Inspiration has struck and I won't let it go!

Trust me, this entry is going to be much better than the one I did for the Fiery Weapon of Doom contest.

Artemis
04-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Just a reminder thingy for STS,

Dont look at how good the drawing is. Look at what they were trying to make out of it. Some really bad drawings look really good if you try to see what they saw. (:

Appleisaac
04-30-2012, 07:18 PM

Dont look at how good the drawing is. Look at what they were trying to make out of it. Some really bad drawings look really good if you try to see what they saw. (:
TAKE THAT MAX! ;) jk goodluck everyone!

Swimmingstar
04-30-2012, 07:19 PM

Agreed. I see a lot people spend a lot of time on their drawings and descriptions but they just aren't amazing artists. :(

Windwaiker
04-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Awesome, I will definately enter this one! Feel free to throw an armor and shield together and enter mine:)http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?53566-Humania-Set-Contest!-1-000-000-Prize!

Wait 18+

Say I was to do this--Have a parent study the Ageement, make sure I don't violate the terms, and have them agree to be held responsible for any violations? They love me, if I was(I would not) to violate terms they wouldn't mind a few years in prison.

Sigh joking.

Maybe we can enter for fun, but get no prizes? Just a glance from the devs lol! Or maybe an honorable mention!
eh, its not gonna happen...

razerfingers
04-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Challenge accepted...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Appleisaac
04-30-2012, 09:16 PM
...? So does anyone know why this contest is 18+?... I don't get it :P maybe it's the fact that my premature 14 year old brain can't handle it.

EDIT: where the heck does it say this? -_-

Rauekat
05-01-2012, 08:29 AM
How do u guys make your art? any computer program? Or do u just draw it or how?

Strelacjebac
05-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Just draw it :)

Elyseon
05-01-2012, 09:45 AM
I think red will win lol
Which is cool tho cuz then the item looks amazing :D

Samhayne
05-01-2012, 10:09 AM
...? So does anyone know why this contest is 18+?... I don't get it :P maybe it's the fact that my premature 14 year old brain can't handle it.

You have to be 18 or older to agree to the submission rules. If you're underage, your parent or legal guardian could submit it on your behalf, as long as they agree to the submission rules.

Ixillicus
05-01-2012, 11:08 AM
This is awesome. I thought it was cool there was a design contest for the re-hashed FH campaign but didn't realize that STS would let us design something for the new content! That' is totally awesome. I suck at art so I don't think I'll be able to compete. But I really think is neat.

Chickenrunnn
05-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Just a question :

How many types or weapon will there be?

FOr dex :
weapons : talon, dagger, bow, autobow
armor : 1 armor
shield : 1 shield

for str :
weapons : 1hand axe, 1hand sword, 2hands sword, 2hands mace, 2 hands hammer,

for int :
weapons : wand, staff

are there others types weapons aloud?

Windwaiker
05-01-2012, 05:09 PM

If you check out any of the three submission threads and read the Agreement, then the last part says you must be 18+. I think it's because there's a plat prize and how Spacetime is actually going to implement the designs into the game.

Although, I'm not sure about how to get my parents to submit entries on my behalf. Do they have to email Spacetime or something? O.o

Swords
05-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Reserved

Noodleleg
05-01-2012, 06:32 PM
To answer all your questions about the age requirement...

Hey Sam! So, I'm 4 years behind what the terms of service require for the humania weapon design contest. I'm really pumped up for it, but not sure if I'm allowed to enter. If I have my parents' permission etc. can I join?

Thanks,
Noodleleg

If you have your parents consent to the submission agreement, yes. The issue is that you must be 18 or older for the submission agreement to be legally binding. If your parents are ok with the agreement, that will work.

Thanks for answering, Sam! Sorry if I wasn't supposed to post this >.> I'll remove it if you need me to =p

Nick41324
05-01-2012, 07:02 PM
What about a banana O.O a talon banana (Dex)
a coconut bra for mage armor (Int)
a castaway vollyball (probably also Dex)

no idea.

Crabbz11
05-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Ickymuck...
Strength....
Native Tongue...

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj601/crabbz11/IMG_20120501_165534.jpg

Was used bye ancient Leaders to execute criminals....

Sword leaves sun ray's in its wake..

Appleisaac
05-01-2012, 09:02 PM
What about a banana O.O a talon banana (Dex)
a coconut bra for mage armor (Int)
a castaway vollyball (probably also Dex)

no idea.
dang... my int bear would look so awkward in a coconut bra...

Swimmingstar
05-01-2012, 10:06 PM
I don't want my mage to be wearing what is said above. :|

Imsebastiaanl
05-02-2012, 02:11 AM
Reserved ;)

onakmoto
05-02-2012, 03:43 AM
Hi can I ask about making your own leg. weapon is it possible if I can draw using pen? and then upload it using by scan? thanks a lot in advance

Luvaria
05-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi can I ask about making your own leg. weapon is it possible if I can draw using pen? and then upload it using by scan? thanks a lot in advance

Well, as Sam said... :)

[SIZE=2]Ill start on it now :) may we use pencils?

Whatever works!

Nick41324
05-02-2012, 10:37 AM
why it says mage :stupid:

way to crush my dreams... * cry's in corner*

Elyseon
05-02-2012, 10:47 AM
why it says mage :stupid:

way to crush my dreams... * cry's in corner*
I want my int bear to wear a coconut bra :D

hechisera
05-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Plzz someone help me how to post my entri i have no idea how !!!! I have a driod phone htc amaze i cant post.my pic :(

alex56
05-03-2012, 12:55 PM
This weapons are so cool i want wand :D good luck hope this post wins :o

Nick41324
05-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Plzz someone help me how to post my entri i have no idea how !!!! I have a driod phone htc amaze i cant post.my pic :(
what you can do is email the picture to yourself, go to a computer and save it to your desktop by right clicking on the picture from your email account.

MacMaxPowaa
05-03-2012, 02:40 PM
ty bro my wand have aura + smock black .

Appleisaac
05-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Hey guys, entries don't go here :) make sure your posting them in the dex, int, str spots on the contest page.

oxdream81
05-06-2012, 06:24 AM
coooooooool :)

LwMark
05-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Reserve

Rauekat
05-16-2012, 08:31 AM
The contest is over when will winners be announced?

Xionskull
05-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Yes I've been searching forums fer the answer ta dis, anyone know? I just kinda need a basic idea.

Windwolve
05-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Well, last year in the Fiery Doom contest, it took a couple of days.

NECROREAPER
05-16-2012, 04:54 PM
There have been probably over a hundred entires between the three contests, so it'll take a while for the devs to choose winners.

Just be patient guys

sandboxx
05-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Wow I posted my entries tonight thinking today was the last day to do it... I worked hard on my drawings too, I sketched drawing non-stop for the past week. I could post pictures of all my sketches. I have no idea why I thought today was the last day for the contest... I am actually extremely devastated that I mixed up the deadline

Urqui
05-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Been over for about a week actually lol

Deadline for Submissions – Tuesday, May 15th at 11:59 PM
The cut off time will be taken from the timestamp of the forum post of your entry.

Ixillicus
05-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Been over for about a week actually lol

He posted that on the 16th, asking when the winners would be announced. It has been a week but maybe they won't tell us until the items have been created?

Swords
05-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Still waiting...?

Sryyoulose
05-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Still waiting...?

Yup still waiting Mr. Quitter

Whirlzap
05-30-2012, 10:05 PM
I thought making something like a trident would be nice.

Windwolve
05-31-2012, 08:20 AM
Okay guys, there are 3 possible explanations for this:
1. It's a lot of work to evaluate all entries and choose the best one.
2. They are waiting for Humania's App Store approval/for the digital versions to be ready.
3. They completely forgot lol

Samhayne
05-31-2012, 09:49 AM
This contest has ended, please see the winners at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?59360-Humania-Weapon-Design-Contest-Winners!