PDA

View Full Version : Respecing - Attribute Points

Spiritualist
08-14-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm thinking about respecing my attribute points and wanted to know your thoughts. This is me:

http://www.communityfansites.com/pocketlegends/images/spiritualist_nude01.PNG

I want to play as an INT mage, not doing PvP and generally playing as a supporting mage to archers and warriors, and I originally thought I would respect everything into INT but I'm sure I read somewhere that there is currently some type of limit of how much INT is actually useable, either by weapons or skills or something.

I believe that if I have around 150 INT, then I can use "all" INT equipements and weapons - is that correct? And other than having extra mana, is there a benefit for me having everything in INT? Or would I be better off putting some in DEX?

And can someone tell me exactly what benefit having some in DEX and/or STR would give, and what your recommendations are, or whether everything in INT is the best way to go.

Thanks

Royce
08-14-2010, 02:43 PM
You need 142 points in Int to wear the top level 45 gear. I would recommend putting the rest in Dex because you get much more for your skill points in Dex than you do in Int. There's a good summary of how attribute points affect your stats here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3807-Enchantress-stat-info-%2848142%29

There are 2 reasons to consider not putting everything else into Dex. There will at some point be a stat-driven skill update, at which points additional Int could very well prove useful. We don't know when it's coming, but if you aren't planning to respec again, it might make sense to plan ahead. Also if you are really trying to play a pure support mage, then maybe just raise dex about half as much and put the rest in Int, but I think in most situations almost everybody is better off with full secondary Dex. If you start to feel that there is something wrong with Int doing so much less for a mage than Dex does, share your thoughts here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5515-Fixing-the-Attribute-Imbalance-How-to-make-Int-and-Str-worthwhile-investments-D

Spiritualist
08-14-2010, 03:39 PM
As always, your comments are much appreciated.

I'll be honest, I don't fully understand your first post link and certainly I'll look at the second link and with some time to contemplate, I may comment.

I don't have any issues in respecing later on if needs, so I'm tending towards. Is this what you were talking about...

Str 1 / Dex 79 / Int 150 ?

Royce
08-14-2010, 03:51 PM
As always, your comments are much appreciated.

I'll be honest, I don't fully understand your first post link and certainly I'll look at the second link and with some time to contemplate, I may comment.

I don't have any issues in respecing later on if needs, so I'm tending towards. Is this what you were talking about...

Str 1 / Dex 79 / Int 150 ?

As for the data from that first thread I linked, here's how I summarized it in that other thread:
For an enchantress:
Dex raises Hit% 5 times as fast as Int does
Dex raises crit 3 times as fast as Int does
Dex raises DPS twice as fast as Int does
Dex provides Dodge and Armor which you can't get from Int
Basically what Int gives you is 0.5 mana per Int point, and 0.02 M/s per Int point.

As for your numbers, they're ok, but I'd even go Str 1/Dex 87/Int 142

Spiritualist
08-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks... I understand your summary.

Smartress
08-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Agree with Royce, but I will put even less into Int, to get 138 Int max, the rest into Dex.

A thoth helm with give you extra 8 Int, which allow to wear any other Lvl 45 items.

Royce
08-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Agree with Royce, but I will put even less into Int, to get 138 Int max, the rest into Dex.

A thoth helm with give you extra 8 Int, which allow to wear any other Lvl 45 items.

Yeah, that's the crafty way to do it ;)
It's just a little more complicated, and requires you to either have specific items or to plan to aquire them, so I usually don't even bother mentioning it since a few points aren't that consequential in the end.

Arkantos
09-24-2010, 11:05 AM

Yeah that's a really good way to do it.

Xviperr
10-06-2010, 03:28 AM
and with AO3 arrival, Lv50 equips needs 158int

Lapinsalaingr
10-08-2010, 05:47 AM
just realized the importance of Dex now. of course it doesn t matter that much if you plan to stay behind and use only spells to buff & attack, but when you are at the front line or alone, being able to hit someone with a staff or wand is kind of necessary.
by the way what are the hit and crit numbers exactly ?