PDA

View Full Version : Apple Bluetooth Keyboard with iPad for PL chatting

setec
04-18-2010, 10:23 AM
As expected, I fired up the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard paired with my iPad and it makes chatting a lot easier in PL.

Now if only the WASD keys worked to move the char and there were keybindings for the spells. ;)

I don't plan on having this hooked up regularly but I could see it being useful to type in mid battle given that the current system is more difficult. I just wanted to see if it worked.

Splurd
04-18-2010, 10:39 AM
mmmm I never really had problem typing messages on the iphone keypad, quite used to it. Only problem is the fast paced action of the game means I get left behind if I converse too much.

setec
04-18-2010, 10:44 AM
I did it for a proof of concept really. The keyboard is supposed to work on the iPad in any application, so wanted to test it in PL. I'm sitting in Towne right now and it is easier to type on the bluetooth keyboard for long conversations. Anyway, I just wanted to put the information out there. Again, I don't see me doing this on a regular basis or if at all ever again. :)

SMELTN
04-18-2010, 11:16 AM
You know I think using the WASD keys along with keybindings 1-4 or something would be a pretty cool "extra"

Azrael
04-18-2010, 12:56 PM
I can't say i'm a supporter of the Ipad (in fact i hate the thing), but i do think the game should be equally playable on both systems.
For example the game can not filter for minimum or maximum level on the Iphone.
Once game mechanic improvements are made to PL, i think they will turn to game hardware improvements.... though thats just wishful thinking on my part, i could easily see Spacetime doing it the opposite way.

Justg
04-18-2010, 01:10 PM
The smaller-resolution version of the game will always be our higher priority. It was initially designed that way, and in my opinion plays just right on it.

The iPad rev was a late thing, and I love the way it plays and looks on the larger device too. It is my preferred method of play, but others of us prefer the phone.

We will of course make whatever improvements we can to both devices, but I don't think we would give priority to to the iPad.

Angry
04-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Didnt the game come out first on iPad?

Futumsh
04-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Yes, the ipad version came out first, but only because Apple was giving ipad launch app approvals priority over iphone app approvals at the time.

asommers
04-18-2010, 06:10 PM
As expected, I fired up the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard paired with my iPad and it makes chatting a lot easier in PL.

Now if only the WASD keys worked to move the char and there were keybindings for the spells. ;)

I don't plan on having this hooked up regularly but I could see it being useful to type in mid battle given that the current system is more difficult. I just wanted to see if it worked.

I don't have an iPad keyboard, but can you hit ENTER in the 3D view and see if that brings up the keyboard?

-ALS

setec
04-18-2010, 06:39 PM
I don't have an iPad keyboard, but can you hit ENTER in the 3D view and see if that brings up the keyboard?

-ALS

No, it does not. I have to hit the chat icon first to type. :(

asommers
04-18-2010, 10:10 PM
We'll eventually pick one up. Shouldn't be too hard to get support in for it (since we dev on PC anyway).

-ALS

Iceflip
02-22-2012, 06:06 PM
are dev's really replying on this thread!? or am I just seeing things? If y'all really are, props, and I have a new respect for the game.

It would be awesome if yall incorporated the wasd, for iPad play. (for bluetooth keyboards obviously).
Then being able to create keybinding for different attacks.

It would make plaing at a table much easier. Hopefully yall have the time for this!

Clarification, my keyboard is also my case, so I have to take the iPad out of the case to play.

DanielRH
02-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Im on my android and i use an apple keyboard and ye pushing enter does bring up the chat... and it would be soooo nice if WASD worked haha :)

RedRyder
02-22-2012, 07:00 PM
are dev's really replying on this thread!? or am I just seeing things? If y'all really are, props, and I have a new respect for the game.

Not 1, but 3 different devs! Not only that, but some of the top dogs too :p but this is nothing new. They've always been active with the community.

Darien Levon Perkins
05-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Are y'all making any progress at all with this? Because it is now 2013... And it still doesn't work

NECROREAPER
05-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Are y'all making any progress at all with this? Because it is now 2013... And it still doesn't work

It's always worked, I use the BT keyboard all the time, and thanks for reviving a THREE YEAR OLD THREAD :chargrined:

Caiahar
05-04-2013, 01:49 PM

Cool. Necro.