PDA

View Full Version : Lairs and raiding

Snakespeare
05-01-2012, 02:54 PM
credit to morfic who mentioned it in chat...

The idea is that we could raid each other's lairs and steal some bloodpacks or gold. And if someone spends energy they can defend their lair and possibly take bloodpacks, gold and even energy from the attacker.

This seems in keeping with many other energy-based games.

In such a mechanic you get to protect (stash) a certain amount based on how much you've developed your stash.

Also, it would be cool to get a personal lair, far smaller than a guildhall, upgradeable to include a stash or possibly a CS terminal. It would also be cool to buy vanity furnishings for the lair, and to have up to two visitors. And if you could initiate a PvP within your own lair, or an adversary's lair, that would be stellar!

I know these ideas have been talked about regarding SL and PL but those games are "friendlier". DL is set in a harsh dog-eat-dog universe, so these ideas I think are in keeping with that milieu.

Takezaki
05-01-2012, 03:12 PM
I, personally, don't like the idea.

morfic
05-01-2012, 03:29 PM
I, personally, don't like the idea.

Possibly elaborate? What are the downsides to this idea (in your opinion)? It's good to discuss the pro's and con's of any idea.

From my perspective, this does nothing but give us more endgame content, and more ways to interact with other players. More content = good.

Snakespeare
05-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Maybe it would be something people could opt into or out of?

StompArtist
05-01-2012, 04:04 PM
That is an awesome idea. Should be able to do it guild vs guild. Those guild halls would stay "full". :D

bronislav84
05-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Same as Morf's idea, same response. If implemented like Mafia Wars I want an opt out button for the raiding because this is exactly the reason I quit that game.

Not a bad idea, just want an opt out.