PDA

View Full Version : Dark Legends Items Buffed! Farm Some Of The Best In The Game!

Samhayne
05-02-2012, 11:30 AM
With the patch going out to Dark Legends today, item rewards for 3D missions in are getting a big buff! You can farm some of the best items in the game by replaying missions!

Here is an example:

Old Item Stats:

New Item Stats:

Loot improves as you level up. You can replay old missions for a chance to gain new, more powerful gear! Go back to your campaign map and check out the More Loot button to see what you can get!

Xaphan Fox
05-02-2012, 12:02 PM
I love you. Brilliant change...

First...

Woof...

Zil
05-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Ah-oo-ahauea?

Xionskull
05-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Great!

StompArtist
05-02-2012, 12:19 PM
NO! Bad STS leave it as it was. :(

In my opinion this reduces the value of the gamble packs. Actually lootable items are so close stat wise that the plat investment is hardly worth the return. I don't see why people would try 10 times until winning on a gamble pack for such a small difference. Makes no sense to me.

Samhayne
05-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Question: Are these NEW items, i.e. I gotta go reloot, or are they adjustments to the original items, i.e. all items of that name get the new change.

I believe the are adjustments to existing items. Check your item stats!

octavos
05-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Sweet so the weapons ive collected should be nice :p
in one of my tips...in DL guides was not to sell anything...hope ppl took my advise lol.

bronislav84
05-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Saaaaweet. Thanks guys!

Maybe mow dropped items can compete with the Pack items. Maybe?

octavos
05-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Saaaaweet. Thanks guys!

plat will always be better, as it should...real money=better stuff.

bronislav84
05-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Saaaaweet. Thanks guys!

plat will always be better, as it should...real money=better stuff.Wrongo bud. Check out PL/SL. Remember that? Plat items should be at the max on par, not overly better.

StompArtist
05-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Wrongo bud. Check out PL/SL. Remember that? Plat items should be at the max on par, not overly better.

Yes that is why plat items are useless in PL/SL. I was under the impression that DL was a capitalist game.

bronislav84
05-02-2012, 12:48 PM
It is. Just shouldn't be THAT much better as they have been. Ya know?

StompArtist
05-02-2012, 12:49 PM

No I do not know.

bronislav84
05-02-2012, 12:52 PM

No I do not know.You weird, squirrel, you. :P

Patch note said they got buffed to be more in line with the pack items. I assume the two are close to equal now, but will believe it when I see it.

Fyrce
05-02-2012, 01:05 PM
I believe the are adjustments to existing items. Check your item stats!

Just did. I deleted my question :p

I believe damage number is now the same plat vs pink drop. It's the other stats that vary a little...?

Nassar
05-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Just did. I deleted my question :p

I believe damage number is now the same plat vs pink drop. It's the other stats that vary a little...?

No, plat still has better stats all around - including damage.

jenna
05-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Nice update! Love the deathmatch too.

Lady_Pebbles
05-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Like I was saying in the patch thread...

No level 21 items at all except for the plat items granted from the chance boxes. This gives players a huge advantage over those of us who can't splurg money on plat items. Way too expensive for chance items. Give us some equal ground with level 21 item drops on the map please.

Edit: Nevermind! Swede cleared this up for me in the patch thread. Thanks. :)

Cjon
05-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Baller change. Every time I want to hate STS, they go and fix it. Now we just need a nerf to crazy burst damage c:

StompArtist
05-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Baller change. Every time I want to hate STS, they go and fix it. Now we just need a nerf to crazy burst damage c:

Then we will be back to folks not spending on gamble packs and revenue going down. Great.

Cjon
05-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Then we will be back to folks not spending on gamble packs and revenue going down. Great.

Or they could make more plat items that don't create imbalance.

StompArtist
05-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Or they could make more plat items that don't create imbalance.

And why would one spend plat on a "chance" at getting an item not really better than what you get for free?

PablobobChan
05-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Suhweet! Thnx STS!

Samhayne
05-02-2012, 03:06 PM
And why would one spend plat on a "chance" at getting an item not really better than what you get for free?

Those "free" items are still pretty rare...

NYCFanMan
05-02-2012, 03:12 PM
New patch= Happy me!!

StompArtist
05-02-2012, 03:27 PM

From the vast quantity listed on the CS for cheap I would tend to disagree.

From what I am reading here the buff to non-premium pinks made everyone stronger except those who actually shelled out cash on premium gear.

I think I have voiced my opinion on the matter enough so will drop the subject.

Swimmingstar
05-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Awesome. Maybe raise premium weapon stats too?

Cjon
05-02-2012, 04:32 PM

Equipment that forces players to spend money in order to be on par with everybody else isn't the only thing they can sell with plat. Now the fact that its a chance shows nothing but greed from STS, but the recent change removes the necessity of this. But there are still plenty of ways they could make money.

1) Lower pink drop rates, to get impatient/lazy people to buy the weapon (not a lottery ticket, the weapon itself), instead of working for it.

2) They still have energy to sell.

3) Do way more with the vanity system.
3a. Make outfit dyes, and only have some (or none) of them available for gold (this game needs dyes anyways, so that way you can actually combine different sets without looking ridiculous).
3b. Add a weapon vanity slot, so you can have the stats you need, with the appearance you want (and at the same time, add non-dual-wielded weapons). And again, only have some (or no) vanity weapons available.
3c. Add a "glow" vanity slot, that can only be purchased with platinum. As in glow, I mean like the visual effect for things like firebrand, but for your entire avatar.

There are ways to make money without being labeled "greedy", such as with vanity. The great thing about vanity, is that you can offer no free-vanity options, and it doesn't create differences/imbalances between the players. Since its a f2p game, you can't expect everyone to buy plat, but those players are still valuable, and therefore their gameplay experience shouldn't be worsened just because someone doesn't know how to get creative (in a good way) with their micro-transactions.

Without the f2p-players, there is less people for the p2p-players to play with (decreasing fun); there is less word-of-mouth advertising; and its just helpful to have a "big" game. You shouldn't !%*# on the f2p players, then we'd be left with CTF and DM matches that take 30min to start, and nobody wants that.

Cjon
05-02-2012, 04:35 PM

Depends on the perspective. If you're talking about the "hardcore casuals" that plays 20min a week, then yes. But if you're talking about an average player that plays an average amount of time, then no. The drop rates are high enough to not justify throwing money at that cesspool of greed know as Item Packs.

Beanmachine
05-02-2012, 05:59 PM
I am pretty upset to find my premium plat pink weapon now does lower damage than one that drops from a dungeon and only costs 5k instead of 50 plat. :( I tried to email support but they say they don't refund past purchases based on new designs... but he also mentioned there would be more in game rewards for customers like me. I hope those who bought any amount of plat is what he's talking about.

Cjon
05-02-2012, 06:05 PM
I am pretty upset to find my premium plat pink weapon now does lower damage than one that drops from a dungeon and only costs 5k instead of 50 plat. :( I tried to email support but they say they don't refund past purchases based on new designs... but he also mentioned there would be more in game rewards for customers like me. I hope those who bought any amount of plat is what he's talking about.

You still have the outfit that's worth more than the price of the bundle. Just saying. Should they refund your plat when they increase the level cap too?

StompArtist
05-02-2012, 07:04 PM

Technically this is not a new design but a modification to existing design which makes those plat items literally have a lower value.

Krushal
05-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Man I dnt like this change at all look at these new wepons they r getting them free I I spent my real money on some firebrands. But all in all DL is still a good game and I won't stop playing but since you can make a change like that go look at.my thread in the DL suggestion fourms and consider my thought because firebrands are the kilowatt an is like to only have to buy them once

thanks

Beanmachine
05-02-2012, 10:06 PM
You still have the outfit that's worth more than the price of the bundle. Just saying. Should they refund your plat when they increase the level cap too?

That doesn't include the 40 plat I spend on plat packs, which are now worse and rarer to get a pink than from regular gear. Greens from plat packs are basically worthless now.

Shuri
05-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Not a bad change but this change now defeats the entire platinum boxes.. Was it really worth me getting firebrand now?
Since I can just go farm soul cleavers that have a better proc chance than brand I don't think it was worth it now :(
Either way I just hope you (STS) know that now with this change not everyone will be getting plat to open the boxes for the weapons, Gems maybe but the gems are rather iffy in my opinion they could be better.. Considering we're paying 15 or 25 plat for some of the best gems and weapons in-game you've just now defeated the purpose of that process with this update.

xstaticalpha
05-03-2012, 08:01 PM
So what i'm eeading here is that you players WANT to have a buy to win/participate game?

How exactly would that be fun anyways? You know what happens to games like that? They die. They get flamed and after a while the casuals (whom this game seems to target with this energy mechanic) quit cuz theres no way to keep up. Eventually the fail skill CSers quit because they always lose and then the pro CSers quit.

If you want this fail b2w/p I and i'm sure many others would be happy to leave.

^ that was directed at the complainers.

For sts I do hope you continue to make improvements as well as increase level cap and possibly add more skills, cya and thanks

Beanmachine
05-03-2012, 08:37 PM
So what i'm eeading here is that you players WANT to have a buy to win/participate game?

How exactly would that be fun anyways? You know what happens to games like that? They die. They get flamed and after a while the casuals (whom this game seems to target with this energy mechanic) quit cuz theres no way to keep up. Eventually the fail skill CSers quit because they always lose and then the pro CSers quit.

If you want this fail b2w/p I and i'm sure many others would be happy to leave.

^ that was directed at the complainers.

For sts I do hope you continue to make improvements as well as increase level cap and possibly add more skills, cya and thanks

I don't think you get it...

STS made us believe DL was going to be a Pay-2-Win sort of game, so after many people bought plat packs, they suddenly changed and back-stabbed all their customers. Personally if I could have a refund (and they can take the gear away) I would love this update. But no, they deceived us and now we aren't very happy.

razerfingers
05-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Lol

Sent front my HTC Evo 3D using tapatalk 2

Bebsi
05-04-2012, 05:14 AM
I have hoped that the patch would bring some improvements like making gold or vanities stashable.
Why can't I share my gold with my other toons on the same account?
That makes absolutely no sense. I just deleted my toon to start over and lost over 140k just because I can't stash it, grrrrrr

xstaticalpha
05-04-2012, 10:35 AM
I get it. You just want to buy a game labelled as FREE. Sts as far as I can see didnt have a big sign up saying it's the best weapon in the game and as far as I know the weapon STILL has the best stats.

No one's complaints here are valid and what exactly were you going to do when they rose the level cap and made common weps have the same stats? Complain to sts to raise the stats? No thats stupid.

No game should be free but pay to win or participate. It dies, sts doesnt want their BRAND NEW product dead which is damn well LOGICAL. If you want games like that there are a good bit of game companies I may refer you to.

WolfShaman
05-17-2012, 11:40 AM
As I mentioned in a previous thread, those players who choose to invest in their avatar should reap the benefits of said investment. Just as in console games, you purchase the DLC to have better armor, better weapons, better stats, etc. Same principle here. You buy the plat, thusly keeping SS solvent and profitable. In return as "proxy investors" you get the better loot and a stronger avatar.

Thanks for listening.