PDA

View Full Version : Guild ranks Feedback

HunterSLAYER
05-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Today I found out that we had a rogue member from another guild who joined my guild for the main purpose of kicking people once he attained the rank of officer.

Is there a chance Admins can limit the number of officers in a guild or set a promotion time limit whereby a member can only be promoted to Officer after a long time in the guild?

Perhaps An "Enforcer" rank which can only be given to the most "Senior" of members may be implemented?

Also, a cooldown period for members(I.e 7 days from last left guild date) would be great to prevent people from abusing ranks in the guild.

*Or add a report "guild rank abuser" button under report?

Rare
05-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Best thing to do is not promote until you can trust the person you are promoting.

HunterSLAYER
05-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Yeah I know but this person had been in the guild for quite some period of time, and was trusted by the gm to give him Officer rank so that means people may "put up an act" acting nicely to gain the gm's trust and then get promoted and start removing members once the Gm is offline as nobody can stop him.

Rare
05-02-2012, 03:45 PM
I understand what you are saying... unfortunately, though, if they were trusted, its hard to stop it.

It would be nice though if there were a position that could recruit but not kick.

HunterSLAYER
05-03-2012, 02:54 AM
Agreed.
Or a limit to the no. Of ppl that can be kicked by an officer a day for e.g. 5 max.

Corpser
05-03-2012, 02:59 AM
It would be nice though if there were a position that could recruit but not kick.

Recruiter status????

ArtStar
05-03-2012, 04:18 AM
SP is going with old Pwnie rules and not using the recruiter rank.

Rawrimafish
05-03-2012, 06:28 AM
in a new guild, i usually make trusted people and friends officer, and make others recruiters and have a few members

Flaorakrisa
05-03-2012, 08:00 PM
You can report the player who removes members without any reason... I believe STS always take action in these cases, up to a permanent ban. However, it is solely your responsibility to make a person an officer... And on top of that there is no need to have many officers, unless the GM is never online but in this case GM should not make a guild in the first place!

HunterSLAYER
05-04-2012, 05:09 AM
Thanks Flao :D

Econodeath
05-08-2012, 07:31 AM
great point flao!
Trust is an important thing and unfortunately people love to take advantage of others good nature.
These same problems have happened in PL and Sl and I am sure will continue.
That is one of the reasons it is important to have a good trusted structure in place. That is part of the job
of the GM. I must say that it isn't easy. I am proud to say that my guildmaster takes this very seriously and
puts alot of effort into his guilds. He also listens to his core group of officers and never lets anyone pressure him into
making his choices for him. I wish all the guildmasters out there luck and perhaps even will go as far as to say they should talk
with other GM's out there to aid in there success. Guilds don't seperate players. Only players do that. Important to remember.
Have fun and smile

HunterSLAYER
05-08-2012, 07:41 AM
My gm is awesome and super active its just that like i said some ppl are just immature and break people's trust by trying to mess up guilds.

Im hoping for a permanent ban for ppl who remove ppl merely for the sake of fun it just isnt right.

WolfShaman
05-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Another option to consider is the ability for the GMs to send private bulletins to other GMs of the problem player(s) who are making the choice to abuse their given powers. This hopefully would preclude any public flaming of the cancerous player(s). Most GMs, in my opinion, are mature players who understand their role as leaders and respect the Guild's integrity as such.
Unfortunately, the few cancerous gamers who make an active and willful decision to undermine the integrity of the/any game will always be present. If this private bulletin system is implemented then they are forced to create alliances with other cancers and are segregated to themselves, by themselves, without further disruption.

Thank you for listening.

Blaquehaaart
05-08-2012, 04:16 PM
This is an issue of a bad decision, not a flaw in the game.

Blaquehaaart
05-08-2012, 04:19 PM
This is an issue of a bad decision, not a flaw in the system.

Econodeath
05-09-2012, 07:20 AM
This is an issue of a bad decision, not a flaw in the system.

I absolutely agree with you Blaquehaaart.
I do know for a fact that the dev team does do their best to ensure that their games are very fun and try to make changes
that will help people with their issues. If enough people want something like a new title with limits for guildies than I believe
the devs will make one. I think that alot of good can come from this thread with that said.
Most of the info here will help a GM with a problem like this and I believe the forums are a great place to get that help.
Sometimes without the right information and resources what looks like a great decision can turn out to be a horrible one.
With that said I hope even more ideas will flow to help everyone.

Econodeath
05-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Another idea that can help you in the future would be starting an interview process for new members.
In our guild we always have 2 officers interview a new member prior to bringing them in. It helps us
get members that are on the same page as us. Some perhaps will not fit in with our guild or our beliefs
on gameplay, but better to try and find that out before a problem happens in my opinion. This was in place
prior to my joining ARG and while I was nervous going through my interview I believe it was and is a fantastic
idea!

Just another idea for the table.

Another one that might help is our officers do talk with one another about who should be promoted and why.
This is important for your core group to do in the future as it will help keep you informed of what others see and
not just yourself. Lets face it we all have lives outside of a game and we all have different view points which are
valuable.

Keep smiling :~}