PDA

View Full Version : Have you Played the new King-of-the-Ring PvP Deathmatch?

Samhayne
05-03-2012, 09:08 AM

What do you think?

Deatharcherr
05-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Want double exp in dl,sl and pl xD(in dl 2x exp for quests):D

Range
05-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Played new DM map for some hours yesterday. I really enjoy it Samhayme :)
+1

Staryknight
05-03-2012, 09:45 AM
The new DM is a lot of fun. I've been having a great time. Can't wait to get home so I can play some more. But can something please be done about the notifications? With 10 players in a small area it's just a blood bath with constant killing. While this makes for some fun game play there is no way the notification system can keep up.

I played a few games in a row last night and then went to do some farming and had to watch 3 entire games worth of x has killed y messages flash up on my screen after I left the arena. If you play multiple games you basically have to log out and back in when you finish if you want to see anything on your screen.

The fix for this seems pretty simple, just turn those notifications off. They aren't needed. I can follow game play just fine with the chatbox and could do even better without these huge notifications clogging up my screen. I'm only talking about the x has killed y notifications. Everything thing else should stay and would actually be quite useful if they weren't 10 minutes out of date before I see them.

I really hope that STS will consider this because I've been having so much fun in PvP and this small change could make it that better. Thanks!

Range
05-03-2012, 10:38 AM
The new DM is a lot of fun. I've been having a great time. Can't wait to get home so I can play some more. But can something please be done about the notifications? With 10 players in a small area it's just a blood bath with constant killing. While this makes for some fun game play there is no way the notification system can keep up.

I played a few games in a row last night and then went to do some farming and had to watch 3 entire games worth of x has killed y messages flash up on my screen after I left the arena. If you play multiple games you basically have to log out and back in when you finish if you want to see anything on your screen.

The fix for this seems pretty simple, just turn those notifications off. They aren't needed. I can follow game play just fine with the chatbox and could do even better without these huge notifications clogging up my screen. I'm only talking about the x has killed y notifications. Everything thing else should stay and would actually be quite useful if they weren't 10 minutes out of date before I see them.

I really hope that STS will consider this because I've been having so much fun in PvP and this small change could make it that better. Thanks!

I agree 100%

asommers
05-03-2012, 11:38 AM
I've dropped the system message, but left the chat log entry. This will be out in the next content update.

-ALS

Justg
05-03-2012, 11:40 AM
I've dropped the system message, but left the chat log entry. This will be out in the next content update.

-ALS

I <3 asommers :)

Range
05-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Wow nice! How are u guys sooo cool??

I :love_heart: sts

Azibas
05-03-2012, 02:10 PM
These are just a couple comments about the pvp and maybe general game play. I notice that the blessing can remove dehabilitating effects but it has a 60 second cool down but when you go against vermin swarm it has a 10 second cool down, curse has a 40 second cool down. It would be good if the blessing could either protect from dehabilitating effects or decrease the cool down time to match the attacking skills cool down or even something even more radical such as being able to map the number of points of a skill to your screen. For example if you have 2 points on blessing you can either map it to your skill buttons as one level 2 charge or two level 1 charges. Im pretty much a noob to pvp, but i do hope that there not just one master build that dominates.

Cahaun
05-03-2012, 02:19 PM
I love it. Just needs an auto-balance because I keep getting outnumbered 5 vs. 2-3 constantly

Blaquehaaart
05-03-2012, 02:30 PM
I actually have more fun being out numbered.

I'd actually prefer a handicapping system...like mini crowns that scale with how out numbered you are.

Vlad DuCantes
05-03-2012, 02:47 PM
I actually have more fun being out numbered.

I'd actually prefer a handicapping system...like mini crowns that scale with how out numbered you are.

aye, its more of a challenge!

Apostel
05-03-2012, 03:51 PM
My opinion about the new map is positive, just one suggestion:

Reduce the radius of the area in the middle where it starts counting to get crowned buy the half. I can easily hide behind one of the 4 stones and wait till timer crownes me. Its like an area - exploit.

Second suggestion is to change the avatar-page so that the current FULL KDR (PvE+CTF+DM) is visible for third persons. Actually you can Vorwahl full kdr but others can see only PvE+CTF. This can be fixed by further Updates easily I guess.

So far, good boredomkiller.

-Darkapostel / Divinevirgin

Swede
05-03-2012, 04:34 PM
My opinion about the new map is positive, just one suggestion:

Reduce the radius of the area in the middle where it starts counting to get crowned buy the half. I can easily hide behind one of the 4 stones and wait till timer crownes me. Its like an area - exploit.

More like an intended tactic than an exploit :)

Second suggestion is to change the avatar-page so that the current FULL KDR (PvE+CTF+DM) is visible for third persons. Actually you can Vorwahl full kdr but others can see only PvE+CTF. This can be fixed by further Updates easily I guess.

This should be fixed now.

Lady_Pebbles
05-03-2012, 05:07 PM
I absolutely love it but wish there was a way to reduce people from farming kills. Perhaps have the -option- of each team member have 5 kills before a winning team is determined? Also add some floor spikes/traps to make it more deadly! Rawr. xD

Overall great job but for the love of PvP please fix the /team bug for both PvP games. It doesn't go through at all for me so I result in the mating calls of the birdies... KAKAAAAAW! = help damn it. Lmao....

Staryknight
05-03-2012, 06:37 PM
I <3 asommers :)

I <3 him too. Thanks for the quick update! That was exactly what we needed. Much easier to follow everything now.

Cahaun
05-03-2012, 06:56 PM
How about a trap that sets the center ring on fire ;)

Blaquehaaart
05-04-2012, 12:38 AM
The DM is amazing when you have a good team. If you have people that block for the first person that gets on the ring, you assist the king, and your king is really aggressive you will pwn. You can definitely play strategically.

Man I only wish this game had a healing tree then it would be off the chain!!!

Hullukko
05-04-2012, 01:47 AM
The fighting is fun. The room is rather nice. I really like the locations of health and speed boosters.

The only major gripe that I have is about the team formation and joining games. Without the join lists from previous games we're now forced to do the walk through the sanctuary street just to join/rejoin a fight. What's worse, I seldom manage to rejoin a fight I was earlier in. Oddly I find myself in a new instance even though I find it very hard to believe that the prior game suddenly got full after having spent a minute or two waiting without a single player to join the game. Could there be a bug of some sort here?
(equally it's odd that I'm sitting in an instance for example with 2 vs 2 situation for a few minutes and not a single player join in, then I leave, join a new game and there people come and go frequently, could be coincident but thought I'd mention)

I spent many many minutes again yesterday waiting in the smaller team (2 vs 5 and 1 vs 5) just to get the match started. Sometimes the smaller team had a cached player entry there (joined but left) so that the match actually started as 2 vs 5 and even 1 vs 5. I fail to understand why it needs to work like that... I tried waiting in the spawn room for us to at least get the three and some admirable hero decided that it's cool to rush in there while I was waiting as the single player against the 5. Waiting as dead is also dumb because one can't chat and the other team cannot differentiate that from a lagged out player.

Given that you don't want hosted games and/or game joining through game lists, I don't understand why you don't take the same attitude towards team formation. It's now a half done job. On one hand, you don't give us the tools to do the rejoining/switch-teams to balance the teams ourselves, and on the other you don't do the auto balancing there either.

If the teams are 4 vs 2 waiting for the game to start, please explain why a player is allowed to make it 5 vs 2 and the waiting continues... on an on because many new players then joining the game leave rather than join a team to make it 5 vs 3.

Personally I'm not that worried about being underhanded here in DM because typically the bigger teams is crowded with newer players and one can deal with that as only kills are counted. I just don't like the waiting and all the fuss (and time) needed to even get to a 3 vs 5 fight.

Hullukko
05-04-2012, 03:06 AM
Also I must wonder if the game instance fork bug from SL is present here, too.

In SL it's quite common that after a team reckoning room session (*), when people hit the new game button the game instance forks and few players end up in a separate instance. Well, in SL it's not a problem as one can easily join using the game list, but I certainly hope that bug ain't present here. I'm starting to think that it is.

Devs, please ack this here or I'll repost to bugs.

(*) Also I distinctly remember that happening in SL pve, too.

Blaquehaaart
05-04-2012, 03:42 AM
I actually prefer to be on the out number team. Being in a full team against 1 is so boring and everyone is just competing to kill that one guy. It's just kinda dumb. On the other hand, when 5 guys are attacking you it's kinda fun and challenging to try to kill people. I play 5 on one and did pretty well for a while until some people joined and we won.

I think they should make the matches 3v3...or make a 3v3 version. 3v3 DM is awesome! There definitely is more of a skill element than 5v5 which is just a nuke fest. 4v4 is also good too.

Although, I love these games because they are fast. I've been in CTF games that dragged on for 2 hours. The only thing that I'm not liking about these games is that it take a long time to queue it up. Also, everyone wants to team with the good players which is why the teams get uneven quick.

I still really want mini crowns for the outnumbered group, that scales with how many they are down, as a handicap...like to the point as if it is 5v1 the mini crown is almost as strong as the crown.

Hullukko
05-04-2012, 03:42 AM
One more bug here. There seem to be double kills happening here and there.

For one kill we get the following:
"PlayerA killed PlayerB"
"PlayerA killed PlayerB"

And based on a relatively recent fight I'm reasonably confident that it also counts them as score. Happens in CTF, too, but there it's irrelevant.

birdmasta
05-04-2012, 10:49 PM
very fun!! love it!! im doing pretty well for being a newbie xD... i just got some questions
-what is the score limit (never finished)
-what does the crown do?

Blaquehaaart
05-05-2012, 01:01 AM
The game ends when the first team reaches 25. The crown makes you a juggernaut.