PDA

View Full Version : Weak Hero Weapons?

Amanda C
05-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I have purchased a few of the hero packs. I was completely content with them until I brought them into pvp. This brings me to my main point. I am frustrated that the hundreds of plat I spent are not going to help me in anyway within pvp. Which is mainly what I do during my time on pocket legends.

I believe that these new weapons could have atleast had the same stats as the top dungeon sets for their level. They look lovely but whats the point if they dont fulfil their duties by damaging my opponents?

Does anyone understand where I am coming from? I know that it wouldnt be fair to make them better than items available solely through game play, but im not asking that they be better but only of equal quality and statistics.

Does anyone agree.. And can anything be done to adjust this???!? :(

Buubuuftw
05-03-2012, 08:01 PM
If the plat weapons were just as strong or stronger than regular non plat weapons, that wouldnt be fair to the people who dont normally buy plat or only buy it once in a blue moon. In other words, its not fair to have platinum purchsable weapons stronger than their non plat counter-parts.

Late
05-03-2012, 08:05 PM
makes u look good ;)

Amanda C
05-03-2012, 08:12 PM
I suppose . Yet, I dont feel as though it would affect anything because people who cant get pinks in game.. Unlucky people who get crappy drops all day, could use plat to help themselves. Same thing as buying gold with plat to be able to buy sets from cs. So why not make special occasions such as these an opportunity instead of a disadvantage and a waste of plat?

I dont think making all weapons available for plat would work but special surprises like these. Why not?

Buubuuftw
05-03-2012, 08:29 PM
I suppose . Yet, I dont feel as though it would affect anything because people who cant get pinks in game.. Unlucky people who get crappy drops all day, could use plat to help themselves. Same thing as buying gold with plat to be able to buy sets from cs. So why not make special occasions such as these an opportunity instead of a disadvantage and a waste of plat?

I dont think making all weapons available for plat would work but special surprises like these. Why not?

You have a point that they should make these kind of "special weapons" more stronger, and as long as its the "special ones" I would be fine with it. I do, however, don't think they should buff the ordinary weapons (the lvl 61,63,65 purples in the plat store). 1: Because they aren't pink, and 2: It wouldnt be fair to those who bought the better counterparts with gold that took so much effort to get. I think the ordinary purples in the plat store are for the in-game poor to buy.

NotYoCookiez
05-03-2012, 10:03 PM
You do have a point however, if the game had plat items on sale that were better then in game pinks and stuff, then people would hardly play pve and farm.

Exlixers would have no use and bigger luck also

Amanda C
05-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Exactly my point! I dont want them to be better! just of equal stats and ability.

And of course not! Purple items purchased with plat should not be improved. although they are the same idea. They give people who cant get drops, semi decent weapons. They are purple for a reason. They are not as good! Those are completely different.

I feel that these limited edition pink items should be of equal strength and stats to top sets of that level. Not the plat purples or any others.

DEVS: Is this reasonable? Does anyone else agree to this?

Can anything be done?!? Cmon devs!!!!

Amanda C
05-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Also: I am not talking about making pink items like this available in the plat store. Only special occurances such as the hero package.. LIMITED Pink items received should be of equal strength/ability and nothing beyond that. Us pvp-ers cant do anything with our awesome looking well designed new items because of the low stats. :(

I feel if more people posted, agreed, and pushed for this idea then maybe the devs could arrange something?!?

Piosidon
05-03-2012, 10:33 PM
It's just in honor of the Avengers

fuzzylazer
05-04-2012, 12:59 AM
If the plat weapons were just as strong or stronger than regular non plat weapons, that wouldnt be fair to the people who dont normally buy plat or only buy it once in a blue moon. In other words, its not fair to have platinum purchsable weapons stronger than their non plat counter-parts.
Thats me, once in a blue moon. >.<

Capitapy
05-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Well, i spend 450 plat for 6 packs to get all vanity from this "exclusive" offer. Finally i'm happy with it.
From another hand I got 6 absolutely non usable weapons. Is it fare? Sure, it is, as the people who can't purchase it will lough somewhere in the bushes abt the so rare and "exclusive" weapons we have.

IMHO Better to force people to earn more free plat to be able purchase really exclusive things (for those who don't or cant buy plat). We all understand that the free plat is really not free.

Next time i think twice before spend my money to the useless stuff. Bad strategy..... First time I'm disappointed with my money waste.

Everyone'sFavMage
05-04-2012, 01:20 AM
I agree that they are extremely weak can't even pve with them but it's true that u can to make them more powerful then the normal weapons but what if they made them so like at lvl 50 the bow hits as hard as a void bow? Or blaster and hammer as hard as the one hand rift sword and staff as hard as a cosmos staff if they at least made them useable it would be nice... Kinda lame that it's just for looks can't do anything with it

LightBud
05-04-2012, 06:32 AM
I bought the level 40 pack, and got the Thunder Hammer, and guess what? My level 19 Board and Nail of Legend is waaay better, doesnt make any sense to me, I was completely disappointed in my Legend Pack.

Amanda C
05-04-2012, 07:32 AM
Exactly people. Why are these for mere looks!? this game is about strength and ability!

we should be able to purchase these very rare and limited items amd have them be of ONLY equal ability and strength as pinks of the same level!!.... So why not?!

i know millionaires who can get whatever they want in game, but I dont have the time to farm my life away. I work and go to school. So for us who use plat to help ourselves (NOT get ahead of others) be as strong as other players.

Amanda C
05-04-2012, 07:34 AM
AND after this experience... I can say I am not going to put down my plat knowing the weapons are useless!

Elitephonix
05-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Well what did you expect? Look at those pink crowns in the plat store for 10 plat each.... None of them are as good as farmable ones....look at the plat 60 and 61-65 gear non are as good as the real ones. So don't expect them to make the damage higher than it is

Cahaun
05-04-2012, 07:22 PM
I bought the level 40 pack, and got the Thunder Hammer, and guess what? My level 19 Board and Nail of Legend is waaay better, doesnt make any sense to me, I was completely disappointed in my Legend Pack.
Exactly lol

Appleisaac
05-04-2012, 09:50 PM
for you people who are saying "platinum gear isn't as good as farmable stuff", this isn't exactly the same. This gear is 100% for show. It is useless in any type of combat. I expected the endgame items to be crap, but I thought that the low lv items would provide SOME twinking capability... I was so wrong :(

Elyseon
05-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Did you really think they would make easily obtainable plat items stronger than normal rare >_<
You, sir, did not think this all they way through

Purey
05-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Did you really think they would make easily obtainable plat items stronger than normal rare >_<

Did you read any comments? we didnt expect them to be better simply of equal ability. It would make sense to have them atleast as strong as pinks of that same level.. Or else they are useless.

Elyseon
05-05-2012, 08:21 AM

Did you read any comments? we didnt expect them to be better simply of equal ability. It would make sense to have them atleast as strong as pinks of that same level.. Or else they are useless.
No they are obviously just for looks
Compare 65 christmas items...
Compare the lvl50 2011 valentine items
Why would sts make a way to get pro endgame quality items that you can get super easily
They have no precedent for doing this

Appleisaac
05-05-2012, 08:24 AM

I didn't expect them to be stronger or even equal to the twinking items I could farm; I expected them to be competitive with farmed items.

Appleisaac
05-05-2012, 08:31 AM

Sniper set?

Elyseon
05-05-2012, 08:46 AM
The premium plat pack are named 'premium' due to the stats, which even these are good only 20 and below
This is imo clearly promo type gear(the avengers?)
Assuming this is for twinks(below 50) i dont even see how it would appear to be competitive
A longbow with no proc, have those ever been useful? Theres the forest bow but thats 15-19 how can a level 10 bow compete
A staff...does anyone use these?
A hammer- 1h str weapon only copperhead bears, it remove the needed set bonus and would be 5 levels lower

If u mean for levels 50+
No other plat gear contends again previous endgame sets with set bonuses, holiday gear is bad as well so now suddenly these promo-type items should be comparative

Seems legit O.o

Appleisaac
05-05-2012, 09:03 AM
The premium plat pack are named 'premium' due to the stats, which even these are good only 20 and below
This is imo clearly promo type gear(the avengers?)
Assuming this is for twinks(below 50) i dont even see how it would appear to be competitive
A longbow with no proc, have those ever been useful? Theres the forest bow but thats 15-19 how can a level 10 bow compete
A staff...does anyone use these?
A hammer- 1h str weapon only copperhead bears, it remove the needed set bonus and would be 5 levels lower

If u mean for levels 50+
No other plat gear contends again previous endgame sets with set bonuses, holiday gear is bad as well so now suddenly these promo-type items should be comparative

Seems legit O.o
I am not going to argue with you on the fact that the a pack with the word premium should effect the item in any way -_-.

I am only interested in -20 gear, and that is all I am defending. I agree with you on the fact that sts would not make competitive endgame gear.

This type of "promo gear" is unprecedented in PL (as far as I know). So, how would the knowledge that the gear is promo help us to determine whether the item has some twinking value or not?

STS could have easily made the bow or staff competitive (I don't include the hammer because of its limmitted range). Any item, with the proper stats, could be a pvp weapon. If the longbow was given some hit% a little damage boost, and some crit I would be very satisfied (same goes with staff).

As I mentioned before, it is obsurd to think this would make useful endgame gear, and that is not what I am arguing.

Elyseon
05-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Again for level 10 twinks, when are long bows ever used? None of the top bears i have seen use a longbow
A staff? Really since they are just so commonly used in pvp of course,
i would say these are comparable vs the fiery dex and int weapons except that they have no proc

...and premium...how does that not imply higher quality?

If you really want to pvp at level 10 or 20 with a longbow or staff feel free to buy the premium 3 item packs-you will get a full plat set for 40% of the price