PDA

View Full Version : Can we get the option to tilt the camera in pvp?

Blaquehaaart
05-04-2012, 12:55 AM
I would also like to be able to change the perspective instead of just being able to rotate it. Also, can we have the option to lock the camera at fixed distance, so we don't have to out after every rez?

Lady_Pebbles
05-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Lots of us been asking for this in the suggestions forum, it would be a huge help. <3

Kaytar
05-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Agree. Its a bit hard to see in PvP

Nassar
05-04-2012, 04:44 PM
They fixed the camera distance lock, now only have to do it once per login as opposed to every rez.

Hullukko
05-05-2012, 02:03 PM
I hope the tilting stays away from pvp. I believe it was left out for a reason (to limit one's range of sight) and that reason hasn't gone anywhere.

Besides it's already tricky enough to rotate all the time while a charge is being held to align the screen to see as far as possible with the corners that I personally wouldn't welcome tilting into that already complex finger dance.

And the fix for the zoom level persistence was indeed welcome. I hated the zoom-out -after-every-death thing.

Justinjspark
05-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Just go to options an untick the camera lock

Blaquehaaart
05-05-2012, 02:49 PM
I hope the tilting stays away from pvp. I believe it was left out for a reason (to limit one's range of sight) and that reason hasn't gone anywhere.

Besides it's already tricky enough to rotate all the time while a charge is being held to align the screen to see as far as possible with the corners that I personally wouldn't welcome tilting into that already complex finger dance.

And the fix for the zoom level persistence was indeed welcome. I hated the zoom-out -after-every-death thing.

Then don't use it if you don't want it.

I prefer to be able to see more than 25 feet in front of me. I don't understand the reasoning for limiting the distance someone can see. If the reason was to regulate pvp, that's just silly. Limiting the interface isn't a way to balance pvp...it's just way to make a bad interface.

There are a lots of better ways to balance pvp. Diminishing returns on stuns would be one way. Tweaking the blood mechanic so a vs/stomp spec isn't the only viable spec for pvp, would be another. Making UB a stun immunity instead of a stun wipe would be another. Make vermin swarm clear off your opponent after you die would be another.

As it stands vermin storm is still way op for pvp. It's an aoe knock back, snare, and high dps dot. A lot of time I just drop vs on someone then don't even bother finishing them off, I just run to the next fight, and they die. Man, I remember when VS was a full aoe stun, skill lock out, and high dps dot. Man, I'm not sure if the devs ever pvp'd in their life. Lawlz, that would be extremely OP in any mmo.

Hullukko
05-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Then don't use it if you don't want it.

I doesn't work like that. If there's benefit to be gained in that, then everybody must do it or else they're handicapped. Seeing further most certainly is beneficial here.

I prefer to be able to see more than 25 feet in front of me.

Preference isn't at stake here. I'd prefer to have a radarmap with all the bells and whistles showing everything right up to what the enemy is thinking and what they're gonna do next. But if everybody had that, there'd be little game left. It's about the strategical aspect in not seeing too much. Chess doesn't need it, but it's essential in this type of game.

It's a fine line of course. A little more sight wouldn't be that bad, but I don't see any benefit in that either. Defense would be easier and offense harder. Not a good direction in my opinion. Snatching that flag from a team that isn't swamped with clueless newbies is hard enough and the tougher five by fives are most certainly long enough already.

And on top of that we'd all just have to jiggle with the tilting all the freaking time.

I don't understand the reasoning for limiting the distance someone can see. If the reason was to regulate pvp, that's just silly. Limiting the interface isn't a way to balance pvp...it's just way to make a bad interface.

I don't understand what balance you're referring to. I don't see how it could change any kind of balance per se, because it'd be the same for everybody.

And besides tilting, a far better way to let us see further, should that be required, would be to just let us zoom further out. Less hassle but same strategical effect. I'd rather limit our sight a notch rather than expand it.

Blaquehaaart
05-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Being able to see what's in front of you is a complete difference than having a radar. Every 3D game allows you to see what's in front of you. It's not like you can see throw walls or have magic vision that let's you locate your enemies.

It's a restriction that equates to bad interface design.

Cahaun
05-05-2012, 05:04 PM
I can assure you that the devs play pvp

Blaquehaaart
05-05-2012, 05:12 PM
I can assure you that the devs play pvp

It certainly doesn't seem like. I don't even know why there is an option to spec. It not like off specs are all that viable in pvp.