PDA

View Full Version : Confused about damage

Oohyeahh
05-04-2012, 09:32 AM
My toon has 132 attack but only 65 damage? I don't understand how this works. I see people walking around with less attack but more damage than me. Maybe this is a bug? Maybe when they look at my stats the damage is higher but only I see it as "65"? Some help on this would be greatly appreciated :)

Otukura
05-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Passive damage skill adds raw damage.

Staryknight
05-04-2012, 09:43 AM
While attack does increase your damage the effect is fairly small. Everyone with damage around 100 has a firebrand or other plat weapon and points in the passive skill that increases damage.

Otukura
05-04-2012, 09:47 AM
While attack does increase your damage the effect is fairly small. Everyone with damage around 100 has a firebrand or other plat weapon and points in the passive skill that increases damage.

Plat doesn't make that much of a diff. I can have >100 def, ~1k hp and 100 damage w/o plat.

Oohyeahh
05-04-2012, 09:48 AM
thanks!

Deathpunch
05-04-2012, 10:34 AM
I wonder if attack is your actual chance to hit and is pitted directly against the targets defense.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Lady_Pebbles
05-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Considering a dev posted the info on another thread regarding the difference between damage and attack, the following should be correct or close to it:

Attack = Critical hit chance, some damage and some aim/hit chance.
Defense = Some dodge, hp regen, and def.
Health = Mana, health & some def (makes you harder to kill).
Damage = Makes your skills -a lot- stronger & your weapon a lil stronger calculated by attack.
DPS = Straight DPS (the old dmg #) of weapon & possibly skills as well.

Key is to have a balance between them. Otherwise you could potentially killl yourself or contribute to it in the process of a pvp match. For example, high hp takes longer to kill but if the player with high hp is using skills at level 2 and spamming them, they are going to drain their own hp quickly so it won't take much to kill them. However, some def helps them dodge the incoming attacks & regens their hp. The hp regens faster if your toon is standing still so in PvP def is mostly used for dodge purposes where as hp acts like a shield (perse) on top of hp and mana attributes.

Would love some dev feedback on this to see if Im on the right track here or if I missed something. x.X