PDA

View Full Version : Bosses Event Points-Urshot 2021

Erixi
05-06-2021, 04:51 PM
is it intentional for bosses to now give ramdon points or is it a bug?

I explain:

I have spent 5 energ with my friends in event, and we have obtained scores of 65, 68,70 and 77.

all different scores but the same bosses killing

|Ares|
05-06-2021, 04:55 PM
Could this be the intentional change to top 10 ties? :/

tonyxstark
05-06-2021, 04:59 PM
If it is to stop the ties.. which means there are only 30x top 10 rewards.. sts should atleast make the lb vanities tradable please...

Ilove_Poopoo
05-06-2021, 05:10 PM
This will indeed prevent intentional ties. Though the range is too much. Amplified to thousands of runs is where you'll see the significant gap between players.

If it is to stop the ties.. which means there are only 30x top 10 rewards.. sts should atleast make the lb vanities tradable please...It is a top10 reward, it only makes sense to have 10 people each class have it. This greatly boosts competition, and is exactly what a leaderboard should hold.

Lb vanities were made untradable for a couple of years now, it doesn't make sense to see billionaires roam around with lb vanities they never ran.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Electrifies
05-06-2021, 05:37 PM
@Cinco could you answer please? Thx ^^

Enviado desde mi SM-G781B mediante Tapatalk

Advocacies
05-06-2021, 05:41 PM
Could this be the intentional change to top 10 ties? :/
+1 for intentional change

Jemstroyer
05-06-2021, 05:54 PM
@Cinco could you answer please? Thx ^^

Enviado desde mi SM-G781B mediante Tapatalk
+1 need answer

Undershooting
05-06-2021, 06:02 PM
Yea we waiting for an answer

THE GOLDEN KING
05-06-2021, 06:10 PM
This will indeed prevent intentional ties. Though the range is too much. Amplified to thousands of runs is where you'll see the significant gap between players.

It is a top10 reward, it only makes sense to have 10 people each class have it. This greatly boosts competition, and is exactly what a leaderboard should hold.

Lb vanities were made untradable for a couple of years now, it doesn't make sense to see billionaires roam around with lb vanities they never ran.

I have a better idea, have recolored versions of Lb rewards for plat ;).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonyxstark
05-06-2021, 06:22 PM
I have a better idea, have recolored versions of Lb rewards for plat ;).

-1234567891011121314151617181920....…...…...…...….. ..

|Ares|
05-06-2021, 06:33 PM

It is a top10 reward, it only makes sense to have 10 people each class have it. This greatly boosts competition, and is exactly what a leaderboard should hold.

I mean, personally I never ran any event for Top 10 yet but I think the true spirit of the event was when people could cooperate to score rewards for those that can't really grind 24/7 (no jobs, no schools, no responsibilties), I believe it's just called compassion, right?
On the other hand I don't see the issue with people who "didn't earn" the set wearing them. What if the person who obtained the set would like to sell it and then use the gold to buy other one for themselves? Free market is a good idea and opens up more possibilities especially now that gold cap has been raised to 1b.

Then again there goes the rule of it's just game, it doesn't affect you nor depend on you what people who do those leaderboards want to do with their items. Why are people seriously super concerned about it when it does 0 harm.

Cinco himself said that ties should exist and he's ok with them so I actually hope that this time he'll stand by his statement and fix the points earned from the bosses so the event culture can carry on.

If you don't like the ties, run the event, break them and achieve better score. Simple as that.

Spooked
05-06-2021, 06:40 PM
-1234567891011121314151617181920....…...…...…...….. ..

So u mean the original sets cuz sts do be recoloring normal sets to lb rewards and vice versa

Ilove_Poopoo
05-06-2021, 07:24 PM
I mean, personally I never ran any event for Top 10 yet but I think the true spirit of the event was when people could cooperate to score rewards for those that can't really grind 24/7 (no jobs, no schools, no responsibilties), I believe it's just called compassion, right?This "sharing is caring" narrative seems nice, at first glance. But really, stopping progression to let in weaker players get a piece of the highest reward seems unfair, if any, it jeopardizes the competitive integrity of the leaderboard.

This is more of a priority situation - you will find the time to whichever you think is most important. You'd be surprised with the amount of players I've encountered who would leave from work just to run, so no, not every 24/7 grinders fit the descriptions you gave above.

Again, this is in context of the leaderboards. A list of names who are expected to compete. Sharing can be done elsewhere.

On the other hand I don't see the issue with people who "didn't earn" the set wearing them. What if the person who obtained the set would like to sell it and then use the gold to buy other one for themselves? Free market is a good idea and opens up more possibilities especially now that gold cap has been raised to 1b.Its been long enough for everyone to know that event lbs are untradable. If players seek for profit, then they won't run, otherwise will.

Cinco himself said that ties should exist and he's ok with them so I actually hope that this time he'll stand by his statement and fix the points earned from the bosses so the event culture can carry on.And it seems like this is Cinco's 2nd opinion, otherwise they would've already fixed this early on.

|Ares|
05-06-2021, 08:20 PM
This "sharing is caring" narrative seems nice, at first glance. But really, stopping progression to let in weaker players get a piece of the highest reward seems unfair, if any, it jeopardizes the competitive integrity of the leaderboard.

This is more of a priority situation - you will find the time to whichever you think is most important. You'd be surprised with the amount of players I've encountered who would leave from work just to run, so no, not every 24/7 grinders fit the descriptions you gave above.

Again, this is in context of the leaderboards. A list of names who are expected to compete. Sharing can be done elsewhere.
Its been long enough for everyone to know that event lbs are untradable. If players seek for profit, then they won't run, otherwise will.
And it seems like this is Cinco's 2nd opinion, otherwise they would've already fixed this early on.

1. No jobs, no schools and no responsibilties were in general regarding for people who literally have to drop those to do leaderboards. You'd be surprised with the amount of players that share accounts between eachother to carry on running the event otherwise.
2. The fact those rewards are untradable is bad enough, let people choose what they want to do with their rewards. What's wrong with it?
3. Nothing has been said about it so there's no Cinco's 2nd opinion, waiting for official confirmation regarding the points.

cometopapi
05-06-2021, 08:27 PM
If this is true. Devs did a great wonderful job. Its called top50. Not top 50 ties.

Cinco
05-06-2021, 08:46 PM
Ties still exist. The mechanism for rewarding LB ranks has not changed, and (like all previous LB events) if multiple players end up with the exact same scores they will tie.

Rewarding a range of points instead of a fixed number of points affects the degree to which ties can be manufactured. Players can still stop advancing to allow others to surpass them... but they now risk losing a rank position if the other players score a greater number of points.

Azel
05-06-2021, 08:46 PM
*grabs popcorn* XD

THE GOLDEN KING
05-06-2021, 08:49 PM
Ties still exist. The mechanism for rewarding LB ranks has not changed, and (like all previous LB events) if multiple players end up with the exact same scores they will tie.

Rewarding a range of points instead of a fixed number of points affects the degree to which ties can be manufactured. Players can still stop advancing to allow others to surpass them... but they now risk losing a rank position if the other players score a greater number of points.

So does this mean no recolors? :(

|Ares|
05-06-2021, 08:54 PM

Thanks for clarifying.
Does that mean it will apply to every future event with top tier rewards?

Cinco
05-06-2021, 09:02 PM
Thanks for clarifying.
Does that mean it will apply to every future event with top tier rewards?

Probably - but that will ultimately depend on how successful this change turns out to be.

Teoekeri
05-06-2021, 09:06 PM
I like this new system last time some one were threatens me if i not tie with them :)

This will make players feel free to runs

And this will creat real challenge

dexish
05-07-2021, 12:28 AM
+1 coz it has come to a point where the ones who want tie are literally forcing the ones who had been running to stop running literally 4 or 5 days before event ends so that the rest of 30 or 40 could catch up to tie ...if disagreed they start calling us stuff ... top 10 is not for weepers from now on it will be for ppl who truly can take up this challenge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dexish
05-07-2021, 12:31 AM

This is what tie truely should mean in first place...good job cinco

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marosok
05-07-2021, 12:38 AM
Players can still stop advancing to allow others to surpass them...

This is gold! :)
Top TEN should be for most passionate LB runners, so if you want something, go for it in fair way.

QuaseT
05-07-2021, 01:10 AM
Every tie up to 3 people should be np with the small range of points this event. Everything above can take pretty long or people need to be "lucky" to end up with the same points.

Greazemk
05-07-2021, 01:26 AM
In-short, ties still exist but it's a lot harder.

This is great! :frog:

Nasarapan
05-07-2021, 01:32 AM
nice... but they will find a way.

Bundlos
05-07-2021, 02:21 AM
I have mixed feelings about this because a 12 point difference as reported by the OP is a pretty huge difference to me in the course of 5 runs. Over time it would be a big difference in scores. If the range is small enough to just make it difficult to tie then it is fine. Otherwise it would be like if RNG is on your side you could end up with a greater score in less amount of runs and vice versa.

QuaseT
05-07-2021, 03:07 AM
I have mixed feelings about this because a 12 point difference as reported by the OP is a pretty huge difference to me in the course of 5 runs. Over time it would be a big difference in scores. If the range is small enough to just make it difficult to tie then it is fine. Otherwise it would be like if RNG is on your side you could end up with a greater score in less amount of runs and vice versa.Once lb points strive towards larger numbers the rng system will have a very small difference in .% . I presuppose sts doesnt have chars iteself have higher or lower odds of boss points. Therefore, on a long run it wont make any difference if you are a lucky player or not. Doing thousands of runs and always hitting the lower marks of points seems unrealistic to me.

arcanefid
05-07-2021, 04:04 AM
Once lb points strive towards larger numbers the rng system will have a very small difference in .% . I presuppose sts doesnt have chars iteself have higher or lower odds of boss points. Therefore, on a long run it wont make any difference if you are a lucky player or not. Doing thousands of runs and always hitting the lower marks of points seems unrealistic to me.

That's true, the RNG will probably even out once you hit like 100,000+ points. However, I noticed that Herond gave me from 8 to 12 points, not sure if the difference in points gets even bigger at later bosses, but I think +/-1 point difference would be enough to make it hard to tie? Or even a decimal number like 0.5 or 0.3.

tonyxstark
05-07-2021, 04:20 AM
That's true, the RNG will probably even out once you hit like 100,000+ points. However, I noticed that Herond gave me from 8 to 12 points, not sure if the difference in points gets even bigger at later bosses, but I think +/-1 point difference would be enough to make it hard to tie? Or even a decimal number like 0.5 or 0.3.

Me and my freind did a ursoth run.. he got 48 points i got 58 points 😂😂

Nocturnus
05-07-2021, 05:36 AM

It would have been more logical for them to remove the ties, the first to reach the top 10 would be the winner, although those below tie them, less problems. Now for this they punish 90% of the non-lb players, with random points, they will have to run more if they only want to reach the plat tier. Ty anyway.

QuaseT
05-07-2021, 05:48 AM
It would have been more logical for them to remove the ties, the first to reach the top 10 would be the winner, although those below tie them, less problems. Now for this they punish 90% of the non-lb players, with random points, they will have to run more if they only want to reach the plat tier. Ty anyway.How do they have to run more? They still get the same amount of points on average but there is a small range within that number to make it random. Did I understand anything wrong here?

Nocturnus
05-07-2021, 05:48 AM
Me and my freind did a ursoth run.. he got 48 points i got 58 points ����

Another problem that, all at random in the same number of runs, another player can pass you through many points, I think this was unbalanced. As I said before, they don't want ties, remove them and that's it.

Nocturnus
05-07-2021, 05:59 AM
How do they have to run more? They still get the same amount of points on average but there is a small range within that number to make it random. Did I understand anything wrong here?

What part do you not understand? Did you read the post? I'll tell you: in 5 runs in a 4 pt, one received 65 points, another 77 points. do you notice the difference? it is obvious that with more runs the gap is going to be bigger. with "luck" you will have to run less than anyone else to reach the same goal.

QuaseT
05-07-2021, 06:01 AM
What part do you not understand? Did you read the post? I'll tell you: in 5 runs in a 4 pt, one received 65 points, another 77 points. do you notice the difference? it is obvious that with more runs the gap is going to be bigger. with "luck" you will have to run less than anyone else to reach the same goal.You might take a look at the law of large numbers in probabilty calculation and see why me, and I guess every other mathematician, will tell you this doesnt make sense.

Nocturnus
05-07-2021, 06:09 AM
You might take a look at the law of large numbers in probabilty calculation and see why me, and I guess every other mathematician, will tell you this doesnt make sense.

yes sure "I understood you". there you have the proofs, 5 runs, 4 different results in the same pt. How many runs do you want me to do? I look for 3 more, we do 100 runs and I tell you what happens, do you want?

QuaseT
05-07-2021, 06:20 AM
yes sure "I understood you". there you have the proofs, 5 runs, 4 different results in the same pt. How many runs do you want me to do? I look for 3 more, we do 100 runs and I tell you what happens, do you want?Lb players do thousands of runs. Top10 usually goes into 5 digit numbers already. If you want to proof anything you have to write a formal calculation according to a gaussian distribution. If you do that with, lets say 1k, 10k, 100k runs, you will recognize quickly that the % of deviation will strive towards 0 in this case.
I can put it into other words. While you might be lucky or not in those few runs you did, lb players do so many runs that it is not realistic to say one will have a significantly higher average in the end than another player.

Nocturnus
05-07-2021, 06:48 AM
Lb players do thousands of runs. Top10 usually goes into 5 digit numbers already. If you want to proof anything you have to write a formal calculation according to a gaussian distribution. If you do that with, lets say 1k, 10k, 100k runs, you will recognize quickly that the % of deviation will strive towards 0 in this case.
I can put it into other words. While you might be lucky or not in those few runs you did, lb players do so many runs that it is not realistic to say one will have a significantly higher average in the end than another player.

at first I was talking about non-lb players. But it will be the same 100 or 1k, 1 player vs another player, in the same number of runs, they will end up with different points, isn't that their idea? and from what I saw the difference in points is more with ursoth and helena. Let's see if you use more logic instead of so many phrases, that surely not even you understand.

QuaseT
05-07-2021, 07:06 AM
at first I was talking about non-lb players. But it will be the same 100 or 1k, 1 player vs another player, in the same number of runs, they will end up with different points, isn't that their idea? and from what I saw the difference in points is more with ursoth and helena. Let's see if you use more logic instead of so many phrases, that surely not even you understand.I can only refer to what this is about. I explained it briefly and tell you it is not unfair in any way. If you take fairness to its peak, it might be a run more or less, yes. Do you consider it unfair, if you were "unlucky" and have to do 601 runs for plat tier instead of 600? Thats the whole point of rng as you said and I dont see any realistic disadvantage in that.
The point I wanted to make is, that nobody will have significant disadvantages or advantages for lb or in parties on a long run. Maths is the absolute most logical explanation you can get.

Azel
05-07-2021, 07:16 AM
*grabs popcorn again*

Nocturnus
05-07-2021, 07:19 AM
I can only refer to what this is about. I explained it briefly and tell you it is not unfair in any way. If you take fairness to its peak, it might be a run more or less, yes. Do you consider it unfair, if you were "unlucky" and have to do 601 runs for plat tier instead of 600? Thats the whole point of rng as you said and I dont see any realistic disadvantage in that.
The point I wanted to make is, that nobody will have significant disadvantages or advantages for lb or in parties on a long run. Maths is the absolute most logical explanation you can get.
yours are assumptions, the only certain thing are the points they describe in the post. The simplest thing would be to leave the points as they were, eliminate the ties and leave the positions in order of arrival. All this problem results in the same thing, that it is more difficult to make the ties.

tonyxstark
05-07-2021, 07:23 AM
*grabs popcorn again*
*Steals ur popcorn*