PDA

View Full Version : What keeps a game interesting for you guys?

Flamesofanger
05-07-2021, 08:24 PM
As the title says, i think what makes a game retain my attention is the difficulty of the journey.

For a hard map with tough bosses that require strategy or your team dies keeping you on your toes.

I think it'll be nice to do more than just run the same type of maps and mash buttons, like why cannot the mobs/bosses catch up with the players gears?

Surely we need a balance, make the enemies on par to the player. Give us a challenge?

A great example of what i'm talking about is elite valley gates. It makes all classes helpful once again, it's perfect. One of the few modern maps that actually achieve the roles of all classes. Such as the warrior taking care of the spiders, the giant mech molerat and all the mobs too.
As the DPS assist you far into the waves. We need more maps like it.

However, the only downsides are the map and the loot..... make a map bigger than a single cubic room and add loot worth grinding for please.

This is all just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

What about you guys?

Alghost
05-07-2021, 08:44 PM
Aren’t you the same person who logs in AL, trash talks people and speaks about how bad the game is? Hypocrite, but to answer your question. New Vanities keep the game somewhat interesting to me, especially new aura wisps. As for fun aspect of the game, I haven't had fun since 2016. The Honor FFA we had last year was great but other than that, the game is somewhat boring.

Based off my 8 year experience playing this game.

2014-
Graphics: 9/10
Storyline: 9/10
Game mechanics: 9/10
Overall gameplay: 8/10
Community: 7.5/10
Devs: 9.5/10
Updates:8/10

2021-
Graphics: 7.5/10
Storyline: 5/10
Overall gameplay: Firm 5.9/10
Community: 6/10
Devs: 6.2/10
Updates: 5/10

Flamesofanger
05-07-2021, 08:53 PM
Aren’t you the same person who logs in AL, trash talks people and speaks about how bad the game is? Hypocrite, but to answer your question. New Vanities keep the game somewhat interesting to me, especially new aura wisps. As for fun aspect of the game, I haven't had fun since 2016. The Honor FFA we had last year was great but other than that, the game is somewhat boring.

2014-

2021-

Yo....What's with the unnecessary salt? Just give some constructive feedback. Literally my post has not an ounce of ranting. Please Keep it civil and not ruin it for everyone else :/

Encryptions
05-07-2021, 08:54 PM
2021-

insert text
1/10.

cometopapi
05-07-2021, 09:01 PM
Orrick is waving at you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephencobear
05-07-2021, 10:08 PM
insert text
1/10.

So your “constructive” input to the forums is that we “All” have been as bad as possible, >.<
K ty, bye

Alghost
05-07-2021, 10:12 PM
Yo....What's with the unnecessary salt? Just give some constructive feedback. Literally my post has not an ounce of ranting. Please Keep it civil and not ruin it for everyone else :/

Things to do ingame:

Seasonal Lb
Regular Lb
Timed runs
Farming Pve kills
Farming gold
Stand around towns/Merching/talking with friends.
Events

That basically sums up what you can do ingame, if none of that interests you, then you most likely lost interest in the game. Anyone has anything else to add to the list, feel free to do so. Also, I stand corrected, thank you.

THE GOLDEN KING
05-07-2021, 10:19 PM
So your “constructive” input to the forums is that we “All” have been as bad as possible, >.<
K ty, bye

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210508/da4cbff159af3741478304541a09cdfc.jpg
Community is bad. Maybe not 1/10 terrible but nowhere near good not even average. More of 2.5-4/10 at best atm.

I’m pretty sure Encryptions based his results off his fandom off YouTube, with the great comments he receives.

Stephencobear
05-07-2021, 10:40 PM
Community is bad. Maybe not 1/10 terrible but nowhere near good not even average. More of 2.5-4/10 at best atm.

Let’s leave %, I’m saying your response is maybe a unnecessary prejudice that doesn’t benefit anyone & without constructive input.

I’m pretty sure Encryptions based his results off his fandom off YouTube, with the great comments he receives.

Basing results in the echo chamber of social meadia is irrelevant, otherwise we would have to also take in his not so great comments

THE GOLDEN KING
05-07-2021, 11:00 PM
Let’s leave %, I’m saying your response is maybe a unnecessary prejudice that doesn’t benefit anyone without constructive input.

Basing results in the echo chamber of social meadia is irrelevant, otherwise we would have to also take in his not so great comments

It’s not about statistics(percentage), it’s just my overall rating of experience with said community. I rate it 2-4/10. I never said this was the Official AL Community rating, this is just my own opinion of the community and nothing more.

You’re right, I may not know anyone here in the real world but based off comments people leave on here. I’d rather befriend a bag of rocks than many on here, only a chosen few are friends on mine*you know who you are*.

On a side note, I could also say that your response is an unnecessary opinion without any constructive input which benefits no one...

The Encryptions part of my post was a joke... incase you didn’t understand, encryptions gets a lot of negative comments from his videos and sometimes has threads devoted to him(not in a good way) with many posts speaking of him in an un-moral manner. Which would also explain his rating of 1/10 which then OP agreed upon.

Also if you think this community is a heavenly holy land 10/10, then that is your opinion. Of course anyone has the right to be wrong.

THE GOLDEN KING
05-07-2021, 11:05 PM
Oh to OP, I just stand in towns with shiny items and that’s fun to me, till they open up FFA again, I’ll be here in exp camp.

Onawaoka
05-08-2021, 01:20 AM
I feel like having new stuff. This game is cool and all but it’s always literally the same thing. Same events with the same bosses and scene. Only new things are like Vanitys and eggs which are nice but like I said, majority events are all the same exact thing. But expansion is coming up so that’s something new.

Gamegrog
05-08-2021, 01:31 AM
all that keeps me going and interested in this game is gold farming and some cool events like eggxavier,vardan valley @@ and awakening extravanganza
and i have some really good friends in al tbh most ppl i meet or have met in al were super nice to me especially some of the top players.
there were only few rude ones but idc abt them i only focus on ppl who were really kind to me.
i have reached a point were this game is almost a part of my daily life where it almosts feels real.
i have nothing against the community or against devs coz i kinda understand tht making a game and managing something like al is very very hard so i gotta give them props.
but yea all i care abt is gold farming
i gotta make ends meet heheheheh
so this is my feedback

ty
IGN:GOLDSHRIMP/SHADOWCHROMEX

Susanne
05-08-2021, 03:02 AM
I've resided in Arlor for too long now. Nothing interests me anymore, I'm waiting for the expansion before I make the big decision.
I despise evg, hiding behind walls and not daring to let your character "die" because you don't want your team to be upset is just so time wasting.
I dislike wisps, auras etc.
I only wanted sts to make one vanity..one vanity.. that's all I ever asked for and as usual, nobody listens to me!
Everyone knows what I wanted but nooooo. Let's have more auras and moustaches and beards for mages, let's just say mages are genderless but make them look like old men.
I've gone past caring now, nothing really interests me at the moment. I've not even reached silver tier in this event.
Like I said.. I'll wait for the expansion before I decide....

Formature
05-08-2021, 06:09 AM
the reason why I still play today is the hope that there will be something new with this expansion, since the game has already become monotonous after 4 years of the same thing.

Enviado de meu SM-J260M usando o Tapatalk

Arachnophobik
05-08-2021, 06:23 AM
The reason I still play is so I could see people go at it with Encryptions. This is my reality TV.

Susanne
05-08-2021, 06:34 AM
How I hate drama, salt, keyboard warriors. That's another thing that's tipping the scales for and against staying around for me.
People should find better things to do than keep on at one particular person. It's so predictable and predictable equals boring.

Fearrr
05-08-2021, 06:49 AM
For me it’s good maps with Hard-Elite difficulty that has replay value. The strategy process that comes with figuring out these new maps. So really looking forward to 81 Expansion.

Small group of friends I play with and talk to in game.

Gear/Pets/Off-Meta Tank Builds.

This last one now…this one caught me off guard lol. Back when me and a friend were Officer’s in a Guild, we had a long talk about being a Plat Buyer v.s Gold Farmer and using a Gold Loot Set. I am a Plat Buyer and she is a Gold Farmer, was curiosity on both sides and was a great conversation. 11+ Months later I decided to take her up on her offer and for the first time ever bought and made a 500% GL Set for fun (Ava Set, Arti, Skull Dozer Axe). I guess also was very curious on what it would be like to play as regular player with the mindset I spend little to no Plat( No Shade there is absolutely nothing wrong with this). Gold farming has giving me something to do while I wait patiently for what I hope will be an amazing Expansion…A little over 2+ weeks I’m running maps again more and having fun. 😁

Alghost
05-08-2021, 07:01 AM
It's all fun and games, everyone vs one person, until you start seeing your name on mails you've never sent.

I will keep posting about this until STS does something about it, or Encryptions admits it that he is a big liar.

How does he affect your everyday life? Have you forgotten this is only an entertainment application or in simpler terms so you can understand, a so called game... you gain nothing from this, all you do is feed off of drama and thrive on negativity. Go outside sometime, take a breath.

Susanne
05-08-2021, 07:19 AM
I put a stop to negative in-game pm.
I used the refuse tells except from friends, guild members and parties option.
Bad messages can be hurtful and distracting and I have sympathy for anyone who receives them. Thank goodness the devs made the option to opt out of messages from randoms.
Going back on topic, I reckon I'll have a go at event but somehow I can't get motivated to get going. Maybe because lockdown has eased a bit and getting out more is something I won't take for granted again.
On that note, take care and stay safe anyone who sees this and I hope that soon everyone will be free to make that choice. 🙂

Alghost
05-08-2021, 07:26 AM
It probably affects me more than you think, since I get people PMing me in-game now about what they see on YouTube videos, and also get 'abused' and trash-talked by his fans. Have you forgotten I play this game for entertainment too, and not to explain to randoms that I did not send abuse mails?

You play for the wrong type of entertainment. You can put players on ignore, ignore tells... STS could see if you sent the mails or not too, So relax. You take the game way too seriously, I think it’s time for a break.

Stephencobear
05-08-2021, 09:12 AM
On a side note, I could also say that your response is an unnecessary opinion without any constructive input which benefits no one...

Saying don’t be insulting is constructive criticism lol

mhysaa
05-08-2021, 09:58 AM
Besides some comments here in forum, what makes me contuining playing for sure is the community, without the friends you make in AL, the game would be boring way before. And lets be realistic, even the people that rates the community lower, can have been toxic to someone else at some point.
As Susanne, i had to close my pms too, but I still enjoy farming and hanging out with friends.

THE GOLDEN KING
05-08-2021, 10:19 AM
Saying don’t be insulting is constructive criticism lol

So you’re just another useless opinion? Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

capeo
05-08-2021, 12:49 PM
I would like to see harder maps too. I remember back when elite tindrin was hard. I parked mobs and rogues sniped. Mages stunned. Or when underhul came out and we had to stick to a certain path through or the mobs killed you. It took a long time just to figure it out. Ofc maus was one of the best in my opinion. You needed to earn each level. Many different types of challenges. You had many different things to farm. People still farm maus for gold and tokens. I think the orb is even a drop in maus.

Now I play for pvp. I pve and farm events for pvp gear even though pvp is mostly dead. When pvp finally dies I'll be done with the game.

Nekojiro
05-08-2021, 02:26 PM
Banning system in al is crap for real, especially due to exploitative account, lost days of gameplaytime is just so bad and they (dev) gave their player's which is their best asset perma banned instead of a year ban or so.

Spooked
05-08-2021, 03:37 PM
People who rate the community 1-2/10 just hang with the wrong people, change my mind.
Cant remember the last time i had a bad interaction with anyone i didnt know before.

As to answer the OP’s question. Nothing interests me anymore yet i keep logging on in the hopes for something remotely exciting to happen, and honestly, farming gates isnt that awful.

Quizno Sub
05-08-2021, 04:04 PM
bush did 9/11

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Tuhguhbuhbuh
05-08-2021, 07:53 PM
I'm waiting for the next expansion. We need fresh content.

Kystone
05-08-2021, 09:23 PM
Wow ss from a server that has deadly in it, u already lost bro. Get over it

Tiger Mike
05-08-2021, 09:35 PM
I haven't played the game in a really long time (I'm also waiting to check the expansion) but I wanna say that this is a great thread to have in the forums, its food for thought for both players and devs alike .

I for my part believe that gameplay mechanics is the most important thing about any game (for example I've been playing the same fighting game that is 2 decades old every day and it still doesn't get boring at all) even if such gameplay was unbalanced and unpredictable it would still be fun which makes people stick around in the long run.

As for AL to me it feels that it has become primarily a dressing game, just different vanities with each event, never touching skills or making enemies that require strategy instead of raw damage to overcome.

Scll
05-08-2021, 11:12 PM
Wow ss from a server that has deadly in it, u already lost bro. Get over it

Player-run on power trip thinks his apart of sts xD alot of favoritism and when caught on somet, no explanation, ban ban to hide. So therefore we've made our own server! I can be Brutally honest sometimes but always fair! Join our server! https://discord.gg/CcA7EWatNh

Repent
05-09-2021, 01:16 AM
This is one of the most entertaining threads I've read in a while. Multiple people arguing about completely different topics than what the OP asked but anyways my answer to the question is probably seeing friends online and talking daily and also checking forums for more drama while yes it is repetitive like Arachnophobik said
The reason I still play is so I could see people go at it with Encryptions. This is my reality TV.

Side note @flamesofanger why do you try to act all upright when creating this thread? Like Alghost said all I see you do in game is talk crap to players myself included for no reason... You get online to instigate drama with others and still have the nerve to tell someone to "Please Keep it civil and not ruin it for everyone else :/" the nerve man what a hypocrite.

Also, what's with all the middle-aged men arguing about a video game? don't you guys have jobs or something? I'm a teenager I got time for this stuff, do you'll have nothing better to do with your lives than be keyboard warriors? If you really don't like this game then don't play it any more simple as that. We all know the devs don't care enough to do anything about "forum drama" so why continue it?

Pathetic.

Feel free to send me housemail and talk s**t to me in game idgaf it's a video game don't matter to me LMAO - Atoned

tulaladuwag
05-09-2021, 01:29 AM
What keeps the game interesting for me is that i can sell the gold for real money, right @Cinco? Best game ever! Ez

Jkoevy
05-09-2021, 02:57 AM
Civilized community

Sent from my SM-A205FN using Tapatalk

Spooked
05-09-2021, 01:49 PM
What keeps the game interesting for me is that i can sell the gold for real money, right @Cinco? Best game ever! Ez

Hate him or love him, hes being brutally honest and i can respect this

Gamegrog
05-09-2021, 11:39 PM

hahah lol
this guy is brutally honest xd

Soyeonara
05-10-2021, 05:06 AM
What keep me playing AL,I think the Fester arena and Eggzavier event. Other than that, nothing interesting. The last expansions doesn't have good storyline, just gold maps which I think for me, it really bored. Gold, gold, gold, gold... So, I will expect new expansion will be boring, and more gold maps, yeah. And the maps will be very long path like hell, then facing the recoloured boss. Yeah, I'm talking about that nab Mogera Lair. The map really have simple design, the mobs have same mechanic despite their design different than others. So simple!

I dont mind if the expansion has long map, but just put 1 only. Introduce more maps, no requirement to open the maps like bar thing (just put 1 if they want to). Make new bosses, with new mechanic, new design, whatever as long no recoloured. Introduce map with nice storyline, like what STS do in Somberholt and before. How connection Elondria with Somberholt where Voriyana came to that cemetery, engaged with Septum Uru and then defeated, and meet her new master, Lich Corvis in Mausoleum. What interesting storyline!

But today, nothing interesting. Except 1 or 2 things maybe.

trade
05-10-2021, 05:35 AM

Looks like you got banned with reason 'gold seller', correct me if I'm wrong :D

Read
08-18-2021, 07:26 PM
The need for rogues is less than it used to be . Mages are more valued and it's near impossible to farm without a proper tank. What ends up happening is rogues sitting in Vardan Valley scratching thier heads waiting for some one to party them rather than farm gold. It's not even because they are having bad stats . 10k+damage 6.5k arm ,12k+ hp with 160%bd sets . All that gold spent on equipment and the game is shifting towards mages and tanks...

BaronB
08-18-2021, 08:38 PM
Oh wow how did I miss this thread lol!

I'm not a technical person...

I grew up enjoying video games and still to this day enjoy a good button mash and probably will do so for a long time.

If the game is simple enough, looks good, and is easy to get started with then ill give it a go tho once i get started on a game I usually end up going all out because like in real life, I like to do well and having others around me do well is also a good reflection of that.

This game tho... from day 1 and still do this day, the community/communication aspect for me is the number 1 driver that has me staying logged in all these years.

I've even tried to quit, once doing it as properly and officially as I could... but you know some of the friends that have been made and met over this platform... well its become addictive like crack (using the best addictive analogy i can think of lol im no crack head <,<)

When I first started there were all sorts of people in this games environment, and thankfully there were a handful of extremely nice people I was blessed to come across and meet who have helped, and that feeling you get when someone can do that well why wouldn't you pass that on?

As someone said in a post before, if you rate the community low then you're clearly hanging around the wrong people.

I couldn't agree more!

People's greed gets the better of them and morals get thrown out the window and end up hurting others around them and it becomes a repeat cycle.

A fantastic quote by Bob Marley:

“Money is numbers and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end.”

If people focused on what games are about more, and that's having fun instead. You would see a lot more positive replies to this post.

Was a time devs were a lot more involved with the community as well, however toxicity in many forms was also, unfortunately, was thriving which ended up cutting the closer relationships between the developers and players.
It mostly died out thankfully, some of it still lingers... tho they might try hide it with different masks so to speak, its not as prevalent as it used to be, and environments where people are having fun and enjoying themselves are growing and getting more attention day in and day out.

In response to that, we are seeing more interaction and healthier relations between the developers/mods and the players which is fantastic!

Another great quote thats good food for thought...

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

So the less you concern yourselves with what others are doing and focus more on doing what you enjoy, you can never go wrong and not only you but others around you will benefit in general from it all if all doing the same thing !

10/10 for the community because every day something interesting happens or someone to help or story you hear, it never fails to impress and has made me go through every emotion possible!

Final and my all-time favorite quote ill leave you all with...

"Some people feel the rain, some just get wet."

1 <3

Alghost
08-18-2021, 08:44 PM
The need for rogues is less than it used to be . Mages are more valued and it's near impossible to farm without a proper tank. What ends up happening is rogues sitting in Vardan Valley scratching thier heads waiting for some one to party them rather than farm gold. It's not even because they are having bad stats . 10k+damage 6.5k arm ,12k+ hp with 160%bd sets . All that gold spent on equipment and the game is shifting towards mages and tanks...

Rogues have been dominating the game since 2012, now mages and warriors are catching up and it’s a problem?

Immortal_Blood
08-19-2021, 11:45 AM

2014-

2021-

Lol Idk idk idk

Immortal_Blood
08-19-2021, 11:47 AM
insert text
1/10.

1/10 without ‘us’

Immortal_Blood
08-19-2021, 12:00 PM
My opinion on what keeps a game interesting . . .

Challenge , Easter eggs , rewards , new content 😉

sweeetcakes
08-19-2021, 02:12 PM
I loved this game...but after 8 years it's time to semi-retire. I enjoy my friends on here (and making new ones) I have accomplished what I wanted to. Hopefully the expansion can reignite the spark I once had, time will tell

Lethoiun
08-20-2021, 03:13 PM
AL is dying, poor management on their part

Mythocrisis
08-20-2021, 09:21 PM
insert text
1/10.

Only the fittest survive till the end.
And pitting all the hungry lions is not something pleasant to watch.
I agree the community is gone down the drain since the last time I played.

Xtremez
08-21-2021, 08:32 AM
Eh, as long as the game is kept running it would be the ultimate (general) indicator whether players are satisfied or not. Having been alive this long already, it could be said that the game still holds a place in the hearts of some players, not all and not a lot, but some who are enough to keep the game kicking for more or less a decade.

Silentkill
08-21-2021, 11:23 AM
AL is dying, poor management on their part

According to players (and this forum specifically), this game is dying since 2016

Rogueaustin
08-24-2021, 02:27 PM
To be honest at this point i could quit again and not care. The thing that keeps me a little bit interested is trying to get my guild to top 10 and raised other side guild.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

liyfa
08-24-2021, 07:03 PM
nada :fatigue:

liyfa
08-24-2021, 07:11 PM
nada :confusion:

Boss807
08-24-2021, 07:19 PM
Drama makes this game fun

Mcmikeguapo
08-24-2021, 08:03 PM
Drama x2 and watching how ppl tt to each other specially in honor pvp lol hahhahaha

Mythocrisis
08-24-2021, 10:47 PM
According to players (and this forum specifically), this game is dying since 2016

No it did.
10million downloads is ought to be 100x more active than AL is currently.

A chess game with 2d graphics has 65000 concurrent players at 3m downloads.

I won't blame sts for their choices and their business planning but when u look at such statistics of seeing the same people and their alts over and over again, it's just the right reason why people say it's dead. It's still a great game for me and would be great if new players did come in, but that's not the case since I do not know after 10 years of playing this game how I can restart and make gold as a new character. All the features for new players.. Questing, grinding xp, leveling, gold farming are very tedious repetitive and even when they do all this getting gold Is just too hard and inflation has screwed with the game big time. It's a mess for new players and if I'm a new player, I wouldn't stick around a long time. Just my 2 cents.

Just because a few dudes logon everyday dosent mean a game is still thriving. I've seen AL thrive my last few years in here... But sadly now is not the time.

firebelt & crystalkiller
08-24-2021, 10:59 PM
All that matters is endgame content..it just should have fun stuff for a very very long time...when it dosnt the game just dies in few years...
Just check past games that are dead and see why it died..mostly will be due to lack of content.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

merlintrue
08-25-2021, 04:52 AM
Guild,community,friends, aps, and hopefully the return of farming a good crate or gears love that farming! That about sums it up for me

MOBXMaru
08-25-2021, 05:01 AM
And it keeps banning people thats why many guilds quited

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Read
08-29-2021, 06:34 AM
Rogues have been dominating the game since 2012, now mages and warriors are catching up and it’s a problem?

Look to make it balanced if possible is the point, not look at the past and keep it shifted towards one side. Mages and Warriors are doing well, so now balance the Rogues too. And yes clearly is a problem if you did read the post. The items for Rogue are generally expensive as well.

codered
08-30-2021, 02:20 AM
This game become predictable and lack of surprise. 2 maps which is still on the must do list are only dm and gates, and those map doesnt give more thrill anymore after grinding and grinding all day because we already know the gold loot is all that matter and we also know we guaranteed gold after kill.
Remember when we were grinding km3, seeing the fireworks gave ppl satisfaction and kinda relieving after try and try xd. When sts release a new drop loot item and system, maybe everything will be a bit fun again. And nerfing dm gates a lil to attract player playing into new map.

Tuhguhbuhbuh
08-30-2021, 09:33 PM
Waiting for the new expansion.

Redjellydonut
08-31-2021, 12:09 PM
Nothing keeps me in the game right now [emoji28] quitting has passed my mind many times. Im hoping the expansion is decent. But, i have made some pretty good memories in this game! [emoji1362]

MageRog
09-02-2021, 12:24 AM
just stop being toxic and focus on yourself. Game will be so much more fun