PDA

View Full Version : Selling energy

Blaquehaaart
05-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Can we set up a system so we can sell our energy to other players?

It would make the play style more socially based. I mean, after turning 21 I don't really care about energy, and would like to sell it...or give it...to people that want to endlessly grind.

Otukura
05-06-2012, 06:15 PM
New toon, sell it to yourself, new toon, sell it to yourself. Same problem they had with the bloodpacks.

Blaquehaaart
05-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Make it live sells only...

Otukura
05-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Make it live sells only...

Two emails, log on to both at the same time. I don't get what you're saying.

Deathpunch
05-06-2012, 08:25 PM
At least with blood packs you have the option to buy them with gold. Allowing the purchase of energy with gold would strike directly at a STS revenue stream, and don't see them allowing it. It's a nice idea, though.

-----
Sent from my ICS powered HTC Evo 3D

Blaquehaaart
05-06-2012, 10:24 PM

Ok, don't allow allow trade to the same account then?

Or...just let people sell energy to their own toons.

Eh, or don't do it...it's just an idea. People are complaining about energy, the devs say it's to encourage people to socialize in town. Selling energy is a way to socialize and give people more energy to run missions. It's just an idea that still falls in line with the devs intent.

I don't really care really, I'm 21 and have the gear I want. I'm currently just letting my energy bar at 25/25 I'd sell the energy if I could...or give it to my in game friends.

...it's just an idea.

Baocak
05-07-2012, 12:56 AM
They could set it up so you could sell it to the store, but then just do instant missions in order to collect the gold.

Otukura
05-07-2012, 01:01 AM

Eh, or don't do it...it's just an idea. People are complaining about energy, the devs say it's to encourage people to socialize in town. Selling energy is a way to socialize and give people more energy to run missions. It's just an idea that still falls in line with the devs intent.

I don't really care really, I'm 21 and have the gear I want. I'm currently just letting my energy bar at 25/25 I'd sell the energy if I could...or give it to my in game friends.

...it's just an idea.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but when playing devil's advocate I feel there's too much room for abuse.

bronislav84
05-07-2012, 01:11 AM

...it's just an idea. His point was that two emails count as different game accounts.

I like the idea too, but there's way too much potential for abuse here.

Onaraasider
06-05-2012, 01:25 PM
bad idea, i play a game with buyable energy which u use for EVERYTHING like craft,missions,arcade,etc but the price went extremely high(5k to 10k per 100(not alot, one mission=10-20). So it benefited the owners becuz ppl buy energy with real money to avoid paying too much and to sale.

JaytB
06-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Aren't they going to change the energy system so you won't need energy for 3D missions anymore? Wouldn't that be a solution?

StompArtist
06-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Use energy to do missions and get gold. Voila! Energy sold to the game.

Flowman
06-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Defeats the purpose of the energy system

Carapace
06-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Aren't they going to change the energy system so you won't need energy for 3D missions anymore? Wouldn't that be a solution?

I will refer you to this post, but you are correct. In the next major update the game will no longer require energy to run 3D missions, and will be used for our new Contacts system.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58508-Carapace-Dark-Legends-Lead!&highlight=carapace